Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Signs You Like Someone

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar

The Signs You Like Someone

This is inspired by the thead where I posted my thoughts on relationships and other stuff.

It got me thinking about the nature of attraction and such related themes and I was wondering when people know they really like someone. So many times, I've met quite beautiful women and been able to appreciate their physical beauty but when I talk to them, find there's little there and despite the protestations of my libido, I've been forced to accept that it's time to go talk to someone else!

Anyway here's two ways I can tell when I like someone just off the top of my head;

I see the inner-child

To really get to know a lot about where someone has been, where they are where they're going, it really is tough without knowing information about their childhood. I have a friend of mine I've known for 21 of my 26 years and I know a lot about the person he is by virtue of the fact that I've known him so long so I've watched him develop feelings, emotions, ambitions, etc. Every time I see him, I still see the 5 year old I met when I was 6.

Well, with someone I really like, I find that when I see them in a similar light. I see them as a child but in a metaphorical sense; I see where they've been, their bare insecurities and their strengths and weaknesses because as a child, you aren't as good at hiding this stuff as adults are. So in essence, I see right through any of their outbursts, insecurities, etc. and can really know, without them telling me, exactly what they're really saying. There's no misunderstanding or lack of communication because I know exactly what they mean. When this happens, it's very easy to tell the difference between a child-like rant and genuine gripe with you too as well as being able to tell the difference between when they're being really affectionate towards you or want something. They're easier to trust.

Questions never end

With someone I really like, I'm dying to know more about them and after a finishing asking a question about them, their past, etc., that question prompts five more and those five prompt two more each, etc. Don't even need to try, it's as easy as breathing. With someone I'm not clicking with, I struggle to think of things to ask them and eventually run out. So I have to fall back on the small-talk which people expect you to talk about with someone new. As soon as that happens, I realise I'm wasting my time and hers.

So how do people here know when they really like someone? What are the signs and how do you deal with them once you pick up on them?
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 25-07-2005 at 07:07 AM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Mainly someone that im always eager to talk to and meet..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    The smell sometimes, it's almost uncontrollable and i think a bit unfair, makes saying no pretty much impossible. Wanting to hear what they say and generally being in their company and talking, not necessarily about anything in particular. You can just tell sometimes when you look at each other too. Jeez now i'm thinking about my uni bird, cheers TC.
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    when they're hot

(hey, i'm fifteen! )
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

"I saw this thing on ITV the other week, saying
    That if she plays with her hair she's probably keen.
    She's playing with her hair irregularly,
    So I reckon I could well be in".

I'd just been listening to that

But on the topic. I think that the never-ending question thing is so true. Most of the birds my mates hang out with/we see out I don't exactly revel in the company of, so that can leave me hung out to dry - and I know exactly what it's like when there ain't never-ending questions coming.

when they're hot

(hey, i'm fifteen! )
    ^ hahah word.. im 18.. and that my first instinct too haha..the physical attraction comes first generally before i get talking to a girl i meet at a mall , club, party..watever..
    Last edited by lord_of_darkness; 25-07-2005 at 07:40 AM.

International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    Yep physical attraction is the frst thing that comes to mind

Pinball Champion!
    Well, its been 4 and a half years, and I still can't tell Full of conflicting signs.. From being a b**ch and ignoring my texts, to playing with her hair and bragging about me to her mates..

Women are rubbish, at least men are more straightforward..

With most girls I can tell when they end up leaning against me when we sit together or leaning their head on my shoulder.. Dead giveaway
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 25-07-2005 at 10:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

With most girls I can tell when they end up leaning against me when we sit together or leaning their head on my shoulder.. Dead giveaway
    Rich even good chic friends do that :o..

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Tumescence?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

I know when i really like someone when i miss them the moment they have left... get excited when they are near... if my phone rings i get excited to see if it's that person calling...

When i pick up those signs i try to act as normal as i can... sometimes its really hard too... but u dont want to look stupid do u?

Looks isnt the most important thing in the world... yeh it helps but i think the personality is the thing that determines where u like the person or not... And for me a great sense of humour is always a good thing... I think its important too most girls so most of u guys are in lol
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

C_C
    First thing i notice when i start liking some girl really a lot is that my heart deciedes to pound loud enough to create a shockwave

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_darkness
    Rich even good chic friends do that :o..
    I don't do girl "friends" so it doesn't matter...

hahahaha classic, shame on you langeveldt

^ Lol bwahahaha word!

I don't do girl "friends" so it doesn't matter...
    Rich you dont have to do good girl 'friends' but doin girl 'friends' is fine.. but even my good girlfriends lean against me lean against me, sit on my lap at parties, in the car etc etc .. that doesnt mean i like em .. im just tryina say be careful not to misread it ?
    Last edited by lord_of_darkness; 25-07-2005 at 03:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information