Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The - "I couldn't give a toss about Harry Potter and other popular culture" Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

The - "I couldn't give a toss about Harry Potter and other popular culture" Thread

I have never read a Harry Potter book, nor have I seen a Harry Potter movie. And I am proud of it. I just hope that Harry Potter is killed off before I become a primary school teacher so I don't ever have to associate myself with anything Harry Potter.

I have also never seen Titanic. No thank you! I know the ending and couldn't give a rats about the love story while the boat is still floating.

Use this thread to project your anger towards all things Harry Potter and any other popular culture you wish to bag.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    geez kyle you seem to have taken the harry potter fad quite personally!

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    geez kyle you seem to have taken the harry potter fad quite personally!
    Well if people are going to dis Star Wars (not naming names, *cough* Langevelt *cough*) without any knowledge of it, why can't I do the same for Harry Potter?

I've nothing against Harry Potter, I was just too old for it when it became popular. So I've never read a one either. Never seen a LOTR film either, the book bored me ridgid as a kid, so I've had an enduring antipathy towards it since.

I have seen Titanic tho, I can't believe anyone who has a (female) partner could seriously hope to avoid it forever. It's pish, obviously.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    I've nothing against Harry Potter, I was just too old for it when it became popular. So I've never read a one either. Never seen a LOTR film either, the book bored me ridgid as a kid, so I've had an enduring antipathy towards it since.

I have seen Titanic tho, I can't believe anyone who has a (female) partner could seriously hope to avoid it forever. It's pish, obviously.
    At the time of its release I did not have a girlfriend so I escaped that. I've had to endure enough big brother's and home renevation shows that I can safely say no to any attempt to get me to watch Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    At the time of its release I did not have a girlfriend so I escaped that. I've had to endure enough big brother's and home renevation shows that I can safely say no to any attempt to get me to watch Titanic.
    Bet you've seen Love, Actually tho!!

Burger Time Champion!
    Bet you've seen Love, Actually tho!!
    No, I haven't. I've been forced to see Briget Jones' Diary 1 & 2. Tho.

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    I find the idea of all this magic and **** quite boring and stupid, so i've never bothered to read the books. I think I might've tried to read the first book, but even then, the first few lines were bad enough. I have seen one movie, but that was during a movie marathon, and i had a little nap at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    No, I haven't. I've been forced to see Briget Jones' Diary 1 & 2. Tho.
    Wow. You wanna keep hold of your missus!!

Burger Time Champion!
    Wow. You wanna keep hold of your missus!!
    'Tis what I plan to do,,,

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I've never read/seen Harry Potter either, but all the books are available to me and I've actually been thinking about it. When I've got a lazy afternoon and haven't got anything else to read I'll probably have a go at them.

I've seen Titanic, and it's garbage. One of the worst films I've ever sat through actually, I just about walked out when the bloody four-piece string orchestra had their "touching moment" playing the final song as the ship sank. One of the most irritatingly cheesy moments I've ever seen in a film.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    I've never read/seen Harry Potter either, but all the books are available to me and I've actually been thinking about it. When I've got a lazy afternoon and haven't got anything else to read I'll probably have a go at them.

I've seen Titanic, and it's garbage. One of the worst films I've ever sat through actually, I just about walked out when the bloody four-piece string orchestra had their "touching moment" playing the final song as the ship sank. One of the most irritatingly cheesy moments I've ever seen in a film.
    Good, so I'm not missing anything then.

From what I've heard about Titanic - the air getting sucked off planet Druidia (sp) in Spaceballs is more emotional than the final scenes of Titanic.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I've nothing against Harry Potter, I was just too old for it when it became popular.
    Sounds like the story of your life!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

PY
    As I said previously, never seen or watched anything to do with Harry Potter and I'm quite proud of that fact. I can't help but feel it's a bit of a bandwagon thing. Having said that though, if people want to talk about it, just do it where I can't hear it.

Titanic
    = pile of pap, had to watch it with the extended family because someone had got it on DVD for Christmas. Thankfully haven't seen Bridget 2 yet thankfully but that's probably because I'm single. I've been told by 'normal' (my thoughts on these people have changed after this revelation) guys that Love Actually is a pretty good film and quite witty is places? Thoughts?
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    woah man what do u have against pop culture. Just because something's popular and modern doesn't mean that it's not any good. That's ludicrous
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information