Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorism

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars

Terrorism

Following the London bombings i was listening to the radio where a guy was speaking about terrorism. He commented that terrorists aim not to kill as many people, but to create as much exposure and highlight their cause. But i was just wondering, why do the terrorists do it- whats their political goals and aims. Sorry if this may sound stupid but there must be a reason for it, no matter how crazy they are...
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    different terrorists for different reasons, the IRA compared to Al Queda for example, or the PLO?
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Al Queda sorry, should of made that clear. I alrdy know PLO and IRA

Or the terrorists that did the london bombings ect.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    AQ? i cant say i know too much about them, the are islamic, and as such maybe someone who knows a little more about the Qu'ran could help out?

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    AQ? i cant say i know too much about them, the are islamic, and as such maybe someone who knows a little more about the Qu'ran could help out?
    That's ridiculous, that's like saying "There is this Christian militant group, maybe somebody who knows a little more about the Bible could help out?"

There is nothing, I repeat, absolutely nothing in the Qu'ran that advocates taking innocent human lives..
    orz

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    terrorist

adj : characteristic of someone who employs terrorism (especially as a political weapon); "terrorist activity"; "terrorist state" n : a radical who employs terror as a political weapon; usually organizes with other terrorists in small cells; often uses religion as a cover for terrorist activities.

Sorry if this may sound stupid but there must be a reason for it, no matter how crazy they are...
    There are plenty. Whether they are justifiable is whats up for debate. Certainly the London attack falls under what defines terrorism; several small explosions resulting in the deaths of 55 people (so far) scared the bejeezus out of a city of a few million. Terrosim is designed to influence the minds of the opposition to influence other changes inthe countries in question. It's not designed to win a war but is a psychological weapon. The CIA calls attacks of its ilk 'psyops'. That's the point.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

C_C
    Tread carefully.
    There is a saying ( was it by Neitzche ?) : "when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you".

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    That's ridiculous, that's like saying "There is this Christian militant group, maybe somebody who knows a little more about the Bible could help out?"

There is nothing, I repeat, absolutely nothing in the Qu'ran that advocates taking innocent human lives..
    that is indirectly true, but it does state that they must crusade against babalon, which can easily be interpreted in a sinister way by some nut case.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY

While your right, I think he's more asking about whether there are parts of the Qu'ran, much like there are in the Old Testament of the Bible, that can be construed by someone who really wants to find a reason to undertake acts of terror as promoting those sort of actions.

precisely, all these religious texts are horribly contradictory and have flaws if they are studied hard enough really.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    terrorist

There are plenty. Whether they are justifiable is whats up for debate. Certainly the London attack falls under what defines terrorism; several small explosions resulting in the deaths of 55 people (so far) scared the bejeezus out of a city of a few million. Terrosim is designed to influence the minds of the opposition to influence other changes inthe countries in question. It's not designed to win a war but is a psychological weapon. The CIA calls attacks of its ilk 'psyops'. That's the point.
    Oh ok thanks that was what i was after

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    that is indirectly true, but it does state that they must crusade against babalon, which can easily be interpreted in a sinister way by some nut case.
    Nut cases? Most of these guys are perfectly sane people with sinister intentions.

The acts they plan out are way too complicated to be done by some madmen.

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    There are plenty of reasons Got Spin,

The most importent I assume is to get England to take their troops out of Iraq
    Some terrorist suicide in the name of Jihad
    Some terrorists is not happy the way muslims are treated in palestine by the Isreal

There is alot of them but these 3 are the most importent,
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    There are plenty of reasons Got Spin,

The most importent I assume is to get England to take their troops out of Iraq
    Some terrorist suicide in the name of Jihad
    Some terrorists is not happy the way muslims are treated in palestine by the Isreal

There is alot of them but these 3 are the most importent,
    and I am sure some of them have some strange notion that if they carry out the act of a suicide bombing in the name of Islam , they will go to the Islamic equivalent of heaven or paradise or whatever...ie. for purely selfish reasons
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information