Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You have been warned

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!

You have been warned

Australian 'beer' fans, I have becone so sick and tired of your incessant bleating over recent months (you sound like flipping New Zealanders with the whining and the moaning and the 'I can't get Dolly's wool clean any more') that I have decided to put your national product on trial.

As you are no doubt aware, I am a brewing expert, but even I am unconvinced that I can render your country's insipid liquid to a barely acceptable level suitable for goats, or Australians, let alone connoisseur Englishmen.

Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I've just set up a fermentation of the laughingly-described 'Coopers Real Ale'. I'm amazed they even bother to supply Brewer's Yeast. I reckon it'll be as good as it gets when I've just added the sugar in 5 minutes.

Not that I'm pre-judjing the issue, of course.

I'll keep you informed - I did it for your benefit.
    Last edited by luckyeddie; 13-07-2005 at 06:33 AM.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Breakout Champion!
    Go Luckyeddie!

lol sounds like a laugh, will be intrested to see the results

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Well, there's no going back now.

The final stage was the adding of the Brewer's Yeast - and that does not give me cause for confidence.

It says on the label : "Cooper's Finest Australian Brewer's Yeast". Now looking at that logically, I think that we're in for an incomplete fermentation. The key word is 'Australian' which indicates that the yeast is going to attack the sugary slop with gusto for a couple of hours, then fall to the bottom of the barrel. A bit like Brad Hogg in that respect, I suppose.

Reports??

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    (you sound like flipping New Zealanders with the whining and the moaning and the 'I can't get Dolly's wool clean any more')
    englishmen - they know a good whinge when they hear one, itell ya
    My 2008/09 stats
    Games: 10 Innings: 10 Nout Outs: 3 Runs: 489 Average: 69.86 Highest: 154 Fifties: 0 Hundreds: 3
    Catches: 7

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    oh f*ck, this is huge
    "Matt Damon"

PY
    Bigger than you'll ever know Nibbs.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Beer, to me, is just about the most awful tasting stuff in the world. I'd rather gargle concentrated sulphuric acid and this is a real social problem when at my age, all of my mates are getting into different alcoholic drinks, imported beers, etc. "Hey Corey, wanna beer?" "No I don't drink, like I haven't for 26 years, remember??" "You're weird."

I won't deny there are differences between the beers but it just ain't for me. I guess this is a long-winded way of saying I'm no expert on the topic. It's momentous for me to either experience or admit that so it was worth the post.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    Beer, to me, is just about the most awful tasting stuff in the world. I'd rather gargle concentrated sulphuric acid and this is a real social problem when at my age, all of my mates are getting into different alcoholic drinks, imported beers, etc. "Hey Corey, wanna beer?" "No I don't drink, like I haven't for 26 years, remember??" "You're weird."

I won't deny there are differences between the beers but it just ain't for me. I guess this is a long-winded way of saying I'm no expert on the topic. It's momentous for me to either experience or admit that so it was worth the post.
    Hate it too, I can just about tolerate Castle Lager and Miller Lite (If everyone else is drinking it)
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen

Isn't being a non-beer drinker tantamount to being "downright un-bloody-Australian?"
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

I'm assuming that you've come over to Australia and had our beer on tap over here, LE? Me, I'll happily drink Carlton Draught till the cows come home - or someone yells out "Cheap spirits!".

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

It's an aquired taste.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

I agree, beer is disgusting. Whenever I drink I usually go for mixes - bourbon and coke usually because we can get cheap ones just up the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Redman
    I agree, beer is disgusting. Whenever I drink I usually go for mixes - bourbon and coke usually because we can get cheap ones just up the road.
    Damn you! Can't get them for less than $6 on a night out anywhere. Daylight (actually, its at nighttime ) robbery.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information