Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: OT on an All Time Low?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree?

30 75.00%
  • Disagree?

10 25.00%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Topic on an All Time Low ?

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar

Icon8 Off Topic on an All Time Low ?

Agree.. Disagree..?

I think its the lowest period ever right now since ive been here since.......... been here since almost forever.. i just wanted to know how the general feel was.. that is from everyone in honesty.. I think it really needs to be sorted because it isint healthy at all.. it creates a bad rep for the newcomers.. it creates a bad rep for the people who have associated with OT for a good while.. its going no where..

2 Points i want to make clear

Originally Posted by lord_of_darkness
    ...ill tell you this.. almost everyone on this forum HAS a life.. even marc.. even though some people are very critical.. he lives an accountants life so he has time to get on.. but he still has a solid life ( i assume because ive never heard him complain.) and Btw i wanna get one thing clear.. i only have a certain little spare time which i get to come onto CW.. rather than say read a book.. but i dont want that little spare time to be killed with stupid arguin.. and i dont want to argue.. its just that i have to because its getting so damn pathetic.. that someone has to try and ease things..
    2nd Point.. Regarding Please if you dont like the thread ignore it..

Alright i can do that to a certain extent.. but when OT gets clogged so much as it is right now.. its hard to.. because 1 thread intertwines with another and the bs just carries on.. Plus its really hard to "ignore" threads.. im concerned about looking out for OT.. ive kind of dedicated almost all my time to OT in CW throughout my stay at CW from 2002..I Love OT to the core.. so askin me to ignore threads is hopeless..im only looking out for the best interests of everyone else and lookin out for good of OT.... not just looking to cater to a selected minority..
    Last edited by lord_of_darkness; 28-06-2005 at 10:02 AM.
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Breakout Champion!
    Well said

I agree that OT is getting lower and lower and your I like your points, Reuben

ill tell you this.. almost everyone on this forum HAS a life.. even marc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    I totally agree with you lord. Some one I respect on the forum.

Regarding Marc, interesting you bring him up abou thaving a life because apparently I have one too and yet he accused me on the Chanderpaul vs Martyn thread of attacking him and then went about in the football sim over me.

I think he needs to sort himself out and not behave so erratically.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I agree with you lord for sure man. It bloody good that im not the only one who thinks this, and it means far more coming from you, a veteran of CW cause I've only been here a short while, but its the worst its ever been right now for me...
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Totally agree, I think we should all realize that this is a public forum, and not a private chatroom to exchange compliments or ask for opinions to decide what to do with yourself.

I'm not talking about Piper, but some people need to get a room.
    orz

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    I totally agree with you lord. Some one I respect on the forum.

Regarding Marc, interesting you bring him up abou thaving a life because apparently I have one too and yet he accused me on the Chanderpaul vs Martyn thread of attacking him and then went about in the football sim over me.

I think he needs to sort himself out and not behave so erratically.
    Now why would that find place in this thread? Do you want this to descend into a personal battle too?

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    I think you'll find most people agree. Nibbs ought to take something from the fact that James closed two of his threads today, and described one of them as "One of the worst, if not the worst thread in Off Topic's history."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    Now why would that find place in this thread? Do you want this to descend into a personal battle too?
    No. But when we are indeed discussing problems, its better we discuss them properly. Marc being a senior member should behave more responsibly which is why I brought it up.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    No. But when we are indeed discussing problems, its better we discuss them properly. Marc being a senior member should behave more responsibly which is why I brought it up.
    Pratyush, to quote your advice in another thread:
    Why not email the concerned person directly.

Totally agree, I think we should all realize that this is a public forum, and not a private chatroom to exchange compliments or ask for opinions to decide what to do with yourself.
    Wait .. wait.. i agree its a public forum.. but i and almost a lot of other people have exchanged compliments and asked for opinions.. but rather than being hyprocitical..we havent carried it over the edge.. which is my main concern.. you can do things to a certain point because after there are a lot of great people in here who have solid different opinions that id seek.. but i guess you should really be serious of what you talk about aswell..like sudeep had once mentioned in his posts regarding that... but the main thing is not to carry it over the edge.. thats when things start to get really really hard..

Btw exactly my thoughts.. this is strictly an OT concern right now, which is always number 1 for me.. i dont think about CC at all.. right now its about sorting the OT problems here..
    Last edited by lord_of_darkness; 28-06-2005 at 09:58 AM.

Okay its a general statement not directed towards Marc but as senior members, people should act more pleasant rather than directing low blows.

If even that doesnt happen, there will be utter chaos.

Without a shadow of a doubt.

As I said in some other thread, getting a little bit tipsy is okay. But then going to levels the three guffins do, it's just pure lack of self-respect on their part.

Ignoring the threads is definitely an option, but when the main OT page has half the threads which are utter drivel, it's difficult to not open one's mouth about the concern.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_darkness
    Wait .. wait.. i agree its a public forum.. but i and almost a lot of other people have exchanged compliments and asked for opinions.. but rather than being hyprocitical..we havent carried it over the edge.. which is my main concern.. you can do things to a certain point because after there are a lot of great people in here who have solid different opinions that id seek.. but i guess you should really be serious of what you talk about aswell..like sudeep had once mentioned in his posts regarding that... but the main thing is not to carry it over the edge.. thats when things start to get really really hard..
    I was talking about the extremes too. I was referring to some posts like :

Quote Originally Posted by nibbs
    mark, i think my gel is letting me down and my hair down. not sure how we can turn it around...
    Quote Originally Posted by half
    kurt, you're nothing short of very sensible in all honesty
    When the latter comes in a thread where people are airing their concerns about OT, you know something's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Bennett
    cw used to be like a happy family living under one roof...now it's like George Bush, Saddam Hussein, Tony Blair, Jacques Chirac, Osama Bin Laden, Vladimir Putin, Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini living under one roof

Okay its a general statement not directed towards Marc but as senior members, people should act more pleasant rather than directing low blows.

If even that doesnt happen, there will be utter chaos
    Pratyush.. i could be seriously wrong brah.. but marc has done absolutely nothing of concern in OT off late.. and OT is the topic on discussion right now right here..

I was talking about the extremes too. I was referring to some posts like :
    Yep i totally read you know.. and what you brought up there is exactly true..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information