Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough Education

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar

Tough Education

Some of my cricket team mates just explained to me how hard you have to study in India in order to get a good job with a good salary,
    Almost all of my team mates are Computer Engineers and They told me how hard they worked to get to this position,They studied 15 hours a day for four month in order to pass this test I forgot what it was called,but I think India have Ranks at number one when it comes to education.

I want some one from India to explain this because I really want to know,
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    Some of my cricket team mates just explained to me how hard you have to study in India in order to get a good job with a good salary,
    Almost all of my team mates are Computer Engineers and They told me how hard they worked to get to this position,They studied 15 hours a day for four month in order to pass this test I forgot what it was called,but I think India have Ranks at number one when it comes to education.

on what basis do they rank number one for education??? Because they study so many hours?

that's a pretty weird basis for saying that a country has good education...
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Tom Moody's Avatar
    I dunno about that, buddy. I gotta go coach Sri Lankan for a bit, brb.

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    They studied 15 hours a day for four month
    Bob, you realise that is 1,800 hours of study? That equates to 2 months & 3 weeks of non stop studying in 4 months.

But you know what, maybe it's just me who finds that heaps.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar

I find that a little hard to believe. And i thought places such as england and America ranked one in education? Cause of the unis like Harvord, Oxford and Cambridge?

Quote Originally Posted by King_Ponting
    I find that a little hard to believe. And i thought places such as england and America ranked one in education? Cause of the unis like Harvord, Oxford and Cambridge?
    No,
    Almost all of the Indians in USA are Computer Engineers and Their salary is 10000 dollars a month even more then that,It takes alot to be a computer engineer and It tops 5 best money making jobs in USA,

India has The best doctors in the world have you realized that?

No,
    Almost all of the Indians in USA are Computer Engineers and Their salary is 10000 dollars a month even more then that,It takes alot to be a computer engineer and It tops 5 best money making jobs in USA,

India has The best doctors in the world have you realized that?
    Cricket Player,

You really know a lot about Indian Education.

Being a student of Computer Engineering, I can tell you from my personal experience that studies are indeed tough. And the competition that we face makes us work harder.

I am not in IIT but still have to study a lot. At IIT you have to study more than 15 hours everyday so as to compete with some of the best brains in the world.

Regarding doctors I agree with you. Coming from a family of doctors, I have met many doctors and its really impressive seeing their hardwork and dedication.

I study in Manipal, which has perhaps Asia's best dental college and one of asia's best medical college having world-class fecilities. Their students are really knowledgable, and have occupied some of the top posts in the field of medicine. At manipal there are students from 44 countries, including USA, UK, Germany, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Gulf countries, and many more.

Long ago India used to be the hub for quality education. Students from all over the world used to study at Nalanda(till it was destroyed by invaders).

And people, remember one thing. There is difference between India and Indians.
    Last edited by yaju; 27-06-2005 at 12:59 PM.
    Yaju
    Self Proclaimed World's Greatest 12th Man.

I like wasting homo sapiens' time - like the way I wasted yours just now.

Quote Originally Posted by 5N1p3R j0C|<
    Why are you wasting time your reading others' quotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD
    <quack>

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    I personally feel the education system here is a farce. It's easy to get confused between two individuals, one with a brilliant mind, the other with a great mugging up capacity. It's ridiculous when these two are ranked almost equal with the latter mostly outshining the former.

Also, the mindset people have towards education here is laughable. Being a Doctor or an Engineer is considered "respectable" whereas people in other fields "don't want to study". To top it all off, students hide behind excuses like "It's challenging, that's why I want to do it" and "It's my childhood dream" when in fact it's them being totally submissive and succumbing to pressure.
    orz

its mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    I personally feel the education system here is a farce. It's easy to get confused between two individuals, one with a brilliant mind, the other with a great mugging up capacity. It's ridiculous when these two are ranked almost equal with the latter mostly outshining the former.

Also, the mindset people have towards education here is laughable. Being a Doctor or an Engineer is considered "respectable" whereas people in other fields "don't want to study". To top it all off, students hide behind excuses like "It's challenging, that's why I want to do it" and "It's my childhood dream" when in fact it's them being totally submissive and succumbing to pressure.
    Yup i agree.

I just can't believe that they are starting IIT coaching from 7th Grade nowadays. I mean making the kids suffocate in School from 9-6 to prepare them for an exam they are going to write 5 years later. My interests were always on the Commerce and Economics side and so i didn't get to do any of that. But i don't know how anyone could cope with 7 AM to 7 PM institute timings that Engineering students get to cope with in 10+2 . Inspite of all that, you get half the engineers going unemployed even with the Outsourcing in fullflow

The problem in India is really the population which increases the competition to unheard of levels coupled with every one going for the same streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    The problem in India is really the population which increases the competition to unheard of levels coupled with every one going for the same streams.
    Yeah India is a populated country,The population has it is effects and It also has it is goods,If India wasnt that populated I would probably think it would have been the richest country besides USA,Germany,etc

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    why don't they fix all the problems in their own country if their education system is so great? I can guarantee that a lot of Indians go without access to Education as well... how can this be a good education system when not everyone gets access...

Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    why don't they fix all the problems in their own country if their education system is so great? I can guarantee that a lot of Indians go without access to Education as well... how can this be a good education system when not everyone gets access...
    I didnt not say they have good education system I said most of them study really hard,assuming not all the indians,

America has it is problems in Iraq They have the best army,but still they cant prevent killings etc,

Wow 15 hours a day.. I plan to work for 3 to 4 hours a day max.. for a max of 10 years.

Yes i do also plan to win the lottery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information