Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: See You All Later

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!

See You All Later

It is with sadness that I wish to announce my official departure from CW as a CW Staff Member and as a member on the CW Forums.

In June 2002, Andre Maddocks emailed me, inviting me to come and join a little website called Cricket Web. Ofcourse at the time CW was just involved with Australia, England and New Zealand, but Andre selected me to spearhead the Indian Section of CW.

James was kind enough to give this unknown Indian guy living in Australia a fair go, and ever since then my association with CW began. It's been three long years since then, and the time I've had here on CW has been nothing short of brilliant.

I've had the great pleasure of being part of such a vibrant Internet community and such a passionate one as well. The time I've worked here for CW as a Writer has been very rewarding and a time I will never ever forget.

However, as with all things, 'everything must come to an end' and so does my association with CW. I'm at a stage in my life where I need to focus and concentrate on other things. My career is the first and foremost for me and that's the major goal I'd like to achieve. I also have other goals on the horizon that I would like to achieve, and I would need more time away to do that.

Travel, Work, Study, I want to see the world, I want to experience it and I want to be the best that I can be in my professional career. Cricket and Writing are two aspects of my life that even though I still love, I hold no aspirations nor expectations of making it big as a journalist or in cricket. The motivation to write has diminished, but who knows, someday I might be back.

Thank you all for your good spirit, thank you all for your support, thank you all for the good times and thank you for your passion about this great game we call Cricket.

To James, Andre and Rich, thank you for giving me a chance and allowing me to learn so much more about myself and about this great game. Thank you for sticking with me throughout thick and thin and I sincerely hope CW prospers and becomes even more successful as the years go by.

Thanks,

Sangrah
    Last edited by masterblaster; 18-06-2005 at 02:49 AM.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    I hope this will be Nath Part 2.

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    warmest wishes. u were a good man
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    good luck with the future, sangrah. you'll be missed. you were always a nice and respectful poster. come back and visit sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Deja vu.

Sangrah man! Well, I guess I can say I know how you feel. `Cept I came back... what a loser.

But this isn`t about me. I wish you the best of luck with everything man, I`ll be praying for you. Cheers. The CWXI are in mourning.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

All the best with everything you do.

It's sad to see you go, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. You were a valuable asset to CW Staff, and will be sorely missed. Couple that with your straight-forward outlook on the forums, and it's a huge loss, both for the Staff and the forums.

I do hope you'll drop by once in a while, here and on MSN.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Gutted, you will be missed. Good luck for the future and hope to see you again here some time.

Have always considered your posts in CW very well written and your opinions were always based on sound reasoning !!

Even though I have rarely discussed directly with you on CW , have always been very appreciative of your contribution to CW.

Good Luck in your career !!

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Haha damn, did we really need your life story?

"August 13, 2004, 7:13:56pm - I took a deep breath"

Nah just joking Sangrah, from what I've seen you're a good guy and a good poster. Will be a shame to see you go. I love the way you approach absolutely everything with utmost seriousness, and I'm sure it will get you far.

Ciao
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

PY
    Can't believe you're leaving Sangrah, you've been one of the guys who's always been here as a stabilising effect and calming effect when those darn terraces were on fire.. A true gentleman, never to get abusive or lose your rag which'll help you muchly in the future.

Good luck in the future mate, and hopefully you'll realise that you can have a career and CW without affecting the former.

[In dedication]
    Cheers,
    Pete
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    He'll be back. They all come back in the end......

Seriously tho, sorry to see you go MB. I'm greatly appreciative of the efforts of James & his staffers who keep CW going for the benefit of the rest of us slobs, so more power to you. I always found you a respectful presence here & I mean that as a huge compliment.

All the very best for the future.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    He'll be back. They all come back in the end......
    Word.

Goodbye for now, it's been a pleasure having you here
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

All the best with everything mate, you were truly one of the most talented staff members and as a person someone I've always and always will have a lot of time for. Your contributions to Cricket Web, especially in the early days helped to get the site to where it is today and I really appreciate that.

Keep in touch and if you ever feel as though you'd like to get involved again you'd be most welcome

...and don't forget to keep making time to beat Sudeep at pool

Quote Originally Posted by James
    ...and don't forget to keep making time to beat Sudeep at pool

Ah, the ignorance!

Bhatiye....oops I mean Sangrah yaar ,

I have known you since the days of cricketgames.com where you were known for your passion towards Indian cricket.

A punjabi living in Australia, you were true to your roots.

You will be remembered for your sensible posts and your expert opinions, among many others(sorry I am too lazy to write all of them).

Your absence will surely be felt at the forums. If you happen to visit Punjab, India's No. 1 state (according to India Today, India's leading magazine) do tell me. It will be my responsibility to make your visit an eventful one.

You have got a really nice tribute by the Forum members - and you deserved it!

If possible, COME BACK! We will always be prepared to give you a red carpet welcome.

I wish to write more, but
    Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster
    However, as with all things, 'everything must come to an end'
    ....and so does my association with this message ! .

ALL THE BEST SANGRAH!
    Yaju
    Self Proclaimed World's Greatest 12th Man.

I like wasting homo sapiens' time - like the way I wasted yours just now.

Quote Originally Posted by 5N1p3R j0C|<
    Why are you wasting time your reading others' quotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by DD
    <quack>

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information