Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Cleverest lyric?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-9-7-7 View Post
    But the truth is I doubt there is any song out there, that isn't a piss-take, that has that many curses in. People who like metal get completely slated and generalised because people can't be bothered to look into metal(fair enough) but decide to form their opinions on what it is, how it sounds and what kind of people listen to it(not really fair enough).
    I'm sure you could find some. With metal it's too hard to tell what they're saying anyway because usually it's just screaming. People are allowed and fully entitled to form their opinions about metal the way it sounds, how else are we supposed to judge music?
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Since when are The Used metal?
    You never specified that it had to come under the metal genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    I'm sure you could find some. With metal it's too hard to tell what they're saying anyway because usually it's just screaming. People are allowed and fully entitled to form their opinions about metal the way it sounds, how else are we supposed to judge music?
    That varies extremely amongst different vocalists, the majority of whom are indeed very easy to understand. A trained ear helps. If you can't understand a vocalist at all he/she is generally being used as another instrument to make an atmosphere, another thing most people don't tend to get. A lot of metal is about the atmosphere it invokes, especially black metal.

Fair enough I put that last point into wrong words, what I was trying to get at was that people form their views on metal from hearing an extremely small minority of bands, generally the bigger ones. Thats fine but when they form the views they tend make them extremely dismissive and will never take anything with distortion and a vocalist with a slight rasp as being music.
    A Free Lesson On Growing Up
    Make The Best Of Their Worst
    And Never Compromise On Anything That You Think Is Right

Quote Originally Posted by Perm View Post
    You never specified that it had to come under the metal genre.
    Fair call, thought it would have been implied given the previous posts by myself.

That varies extremely amongst different vocalists, the majority of whom are indeed very easy to understand. A trained ear helps. If you can't understand a vocalist at all he/she is generally being used as another instrument to make an atmosphere, another thing most people don't tend to get. A lot of metal is about the atmosphere it invokes, especially black metal.

Fair enough I put that last point into wrong words, what I was trying to get at was that people form their views on metal from hearing an extremely small minority of bands, generally the bigger ones. Thats fine but when they form the views they tend make them extremely dismissive and will never take anything with distortion and a vocalist with a slight rasp as being music.
    I've heard quite a few metal songs and it is quite difficult to understand what the vocalist is saying, especially to an untrained ear. Sure you'll be able to understand it better if you look up the lyrics on the internet and then listen to the songs a few more times.

It all comes under the metal genre though, doesn't it? So if a person doesn't like a few of the metal bands they're heard, chances are they won't try and investigate further into that genre, which is fair enough.

Meh, I preferred it when people didn't post whole songs, and tried to find the "cleverest lyric".

EDIT: and nor do I think that a metal pisstake is a "cleverest lyric" either.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Can't think of the song or artist, but there was a line from an old number which I always thought was pretty cool:

"Is the money you earn worth the price you pay
    When you hang your soul on the line?"

PS: Jack, how's training going?
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Parkway Drive - Horizons
    And there is nothing as empty as waiting to die.
    We've spent our lives wasting, as time eats us alive.

Your sunsets go on be-falling.
    Ever since I can recall.
    The only sense of permanence in this dying world.

Sit back and watch as time eats us alive.
    Best breakdown at the end.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread Information