Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nonu & Kelleher heading to Crusaders?

Tim

Nonu & Kelleher heading to Crusaders?

Apparently Ma'a Nonu & Byron Kelleher are going to be turning out for Canterbury next season.
    Im against this, because all it will do is fuel the Aucklanders and the like about how Canterbury sign up all the good players.
    Ralph, Ron Cribb, Rico Gear etc came to Canterbury with hardly any game-time for Auckland and had hardly impressed..they get turned into champion players by Canterbury.

Canterbury doesn't need anymore centres, so I wouldn't understand why Nonu or the CRU would be interested. Kelleher on the other hand would definately get the starting spot with Marshall leaving.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    ^ guess they want to be a winning team..

its like who wouldnt want to play cricket for Australia.. but imo you are right.. why should all the good players go to one province.. i think they should spread out more.. and they'r talents would be more looked at if they performed well for someone ie the chiefs ..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

I would see this move as detrimental to New Zealand rugby. The NZRU, as the employer of all Super 12 players, surely wants 5 competitive teams, and Kelleher moving to the Crusaders would do nothing for the Chiefs.

I'm predicting Nonu is close to finishing his NPC contract with Wellington and is trying to squeeze a bit more cash out of them.

Tim
    I think there may also be a feeling among the players that if you play for Canterbury, you're chances of making the All Blacks will improve.

As a Crusaders supporter, it would be nice to see Nonu & Kelleher turn out for the red & blacks but this isn't like European football. We have to be mindful of how many top players the other unions have as well.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    salary cap?

in other News we will find out today and tomorrow if either Anasta or Sailor will be turning out for the Tah's next season, word is that Anasta will stick with the bulldogs (thankfully) and Sailor will be heading south. not sure where he is planning to play though :S
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

A player is probably more likely to come to the AB's from the Crusaders squad. Personally I hope they don't go and stick with their current team. I can see why they want Kelleher, he's probably the 2nd best halfback in the country.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    in other News we will find out today and tomorrow if either Anasta or Sailor will be turning out for the Tah's next season, word is that Anasta will stick with the bulldogs (thankfully) and Sailor will be heading south. not sure where he is planning to play though :S
    im thinkin a talent like Anasta is better off in league !

I hope the 'Tah's get Wendall! The most over-rated player in rugby union.. it'd be a delight to see the back of him. We should still have a pretty talented backline even with the departure of a few players.

9. Valentine
    10. Huxley
    11. Hynes
    12. Flatley
    13. Tune
    14. Mitchell
    15. Latham

Then Johansson on the bench.

It's not going to mean much if our forward pack stays as **** as they are of course. But Hynes and Mitchell are both better players than Wendall.. like I said, most over-rated player in rugby!

Maybe we can trade Wendall for Hewat
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    man, i hate canterbury. hmmm, if kelleher and nonu both make the all blacks aren't the canterbury only able to sign one up to their npc team? for instace, mose tui'ialii (SPL?!?!?!?) was signed for the canterbury team, so rico gear joined nelson bays. if rico gear is to join cantebury next season, wouldn't it mean nonu and kelleher can't join either? i'm confused and feel cheated by the system
    "Matt Damon"

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    salary cap?

The word is that he will be playing on the wing and Loti moves into the centres. I think it would be an ok move, not getting Salior but being able to move Loti into the centres. The likely blackine would be:
    10. Bryne/Anasta (unlikely)
    11. Hewat
    12. Morgan
    13. Loti
    14. Salior
    15. Rogers

The other option would be to play Rogers at fly half, Hewat at FB, Salior and Loti on the wing and Ben Jacobs in the centres.

PS. If Anasta stays in league then it might be with Souths or Easts, it seems they are offering more money then the Bulldogs.
    Last edited by chaminda_00; 01-06-2005 at 10:47 PM.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Why would you want Peter Hewat in your team. He is absolutely awful.

Canterbury would be doing extremelly well to sign both of those players let alone keep a lot of their current stars once this new competition comes in to replace the NPC.

The premier division has 14 teams and a salary cap so that should sort Canterbury out

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Why would you want Peter Hewat in your team. He is absolutely awful.
    Leading try scorer and most points for the 2nd best Super 12 side, yeah his awful

Tim
    Anasta stays in league.

Hewat is crap, he'll be a one season wonder..you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Leading try scorer and most points for the 2nd best Super 12 side, yeah his awful

The Waratahs relied on two or three superstars and had a good draw.. I would argue against that they were the 2nd best side in the Super12.

Peter Hewat is crap. Any one with half a rugby brain knows it. Look at how he played in the final. He is a decent club player. That's about it.

He was on the end of a number of tries and got a few intercepts. Big deal.

He is as slow as a snail and couldn't beat his opposite if he fell over

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    The Waratahs relied on two or three superstars and had a good draw.. I would argue against that they were the 2nd best side in the Super12.

Peter Hewat is crap. Any one with half a rugby brain knows it. Look at how he played in the final. He is a decent club player. That's about it.

He was on the end of a number of tries and got a few intercepts. Big deal.

He is as slow as a snail and couldn't beat his opposite if he fell over
    If someones abilty to play aganist the Canterbury is what makes you a good rugby players or not, then the whole Wellington side are crap. Also if Tahs aren't the 2nd best then who is the Bulls, who did nothing away from home, or Wellington. What makes you think you have more rugby knowleage then me cus your a Kiwi .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information