Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!

help

okay the grip on my bat was pushing up so in an effort to fix this, i completely removed the grip, thinking id just put it back on again. except now i dont know how to put it on, and ill need it on sunday. any one know how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

you need a batting set upper..(dunno english name) thats the only way...and next time when your grip is pushing up...roll the grip a bit up...and roll it down again do this a few times and its oke again.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Just roll it up so it looks like a doughnut and have a little bit of the handle sticking out. Then use some elbow grease and roll it down, it takes a lot of effort but shoud be easy enough. If you can't get it on that way, just take it to your local sports store they should do it for free or get a new one while you're at it, they should only cost about $5.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Try to get your hands on a grip cone. On the assumption that your grip is all rolled up at the moment, put your grip on the top of the grip cone and roll it down, then put it on your handle and unroll it.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    okay the grip on my bat was pushing up so in an effort to fix this, i completely removed the grip, thinking id just put it back on again. except now i dont know how to put it on, and ill need it on sunday. any one know how to fix this?
    I've done that a couple of times. It's annoying, isn't it?

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    all you have to do is roll it down to the shoulder of the bat in a donut shape, then when its right down the bottom, roll it back up... Its easier to do with a grip cone, or you can improvise with a cricket stump to get the donut onto the handle...

Hope that makes sense
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Try to get your hands on a grip cone. On the assumption that your grip is all rolled up at the moment, put your grip on the top of the grip cone and roll it down, then put it on your handle and unroll it.
    I didn't have one of them, so I used a rolling pin

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    oh yeah, the grip was unrolled (not by me, mind you). and i live in china, so no sport stores that even know how to hold a cricket bat.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    I didn't have one of them, so I used a rolling pin
    hey.. now there's an idea

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    Normally, the grip rolling up too fast is a sign of a top hand dominated grip which is good. Players like Ganguly who have a beautiful top hand grip keep facing the problem while those like Sachin face it much less.

You wont be able to stop it from happening. So you have to learn how to handle it.

1. Get it back before it comes out too much.

2. Ideally tapping the top of the grip which is sticking out above the handle is very effective. It may not appear so but try it. It works.

the grip on my bat is halfway up the handle, been meaning to fix it for ages......now i just have to fold over the grib in order to play

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    i hate it when the grip comes of slightly or i have to put a new one.. its annoyin to get it back properly.. so i just took it to a sport store eg Rebel Sport or Sterling and they do it within minutes..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I know what you mean. I`ve got an evil crease in the middle of mine and I`m too scared to fix it in fear of completely screwing it up.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Andy, do you tape the bottom of the drip to your bat? Coz that would prevent the grip rolling up.
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by KennyD
    Andy, do you tape the bottom of the drip to your bat? Coz that would prevent the grip rolling up.
    yeah i do, but it keeps coming back up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information