Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A suggestion about threads

A suggestion about threads

Over time there have been various mentions of duplicate threads. I wonder if it would be practical with a thread like Formula 1 to post in the same thread for the whole season, instead of starting a new thread for each race? Other threads come to mind too, like tennis, cricket (the whole series instead of a thread for each match,) etc. I know I would prefer to read about a race, the results of the competition and comments about the race, then go on to the next race without having to quit the thread. Are there other folk here who feel the same or would it be impractical?

Personally, I think it's nothing to get too worried about. The moderators seem to close most threads they feel are unnecessary or duplicates.

In CC, I suppose they keep a tighter rein - restricting tour talk to one thread, but I don't mind sifting through various threads for what I want to read. I guess it depends how much time you have to search through.

But that's just my take on it.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    Personally, I think it's nothing to get too worried about. The moderators seem to close most threads they feel are unnecessary or duplicates.

In CC, I suppose they keep a tighter rein - restricting tour talk to one thread, but I don't mind sifting through various threads for what I want to read. I guess it depends how much time you have to search through.

But that's just my take on it.
    It would be good if sifting though threads was made more user friendly. Today it is impossibly cumbersome.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    It would be good if sifting though threads was made more user friendly. Today it is impossibly cumbersome.
    It doesnt get more user friendly than it already is
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    It doesnt get more user friendly than it already is
    If I am wanting to post something and dont want to start a new thread if one already exists, whats the fastest way to look for old, similar threads ?

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    If I am wanting to post something and dont want to start a new thread if one already exists, whats the fastest way to look for old, similar threads ?
    Search the forum for them...
    orz

Hexxagon Champion!
    Thats a limitation of the search function, I guess.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I think itd be easier if you could search specifically for thread titles, which (as far as I know) you cant
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jot1
    Over time there have been various mentions of duplicate threads. I wonder if it would be practical with a thread like Formula 1 to post in the same thread for the whole season, instead of starting a new thread for each race? Other threads come to mind too, like tennis, cricket (the whole series instead of a thread for each match,) etc. I know I would prefer to read about a race, the results of the competition and comments about the race, then go on to the next race without having to quit the thread. Are there other folk here who feel the same or would it be impractical?
    i assume u r reffering to the prediction thread of F1 as i dont see any other race related threads other than this.

the reason i am sarting a new thread is for the benifit of users to find the question easly if i where to continue with the same thread the questions some times might be the last one on a page and some might miss it

and since i have the race name in the thread title every one will know that it is on a latest race
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    I think itd be easier if you could search specifically for thread titles, which (as far as I know) you cant
    actually you can. But it involves inputting the exact parameters into the search menu fields....very cumbersome.

PY
    Is the 'Similar Threads' part at the bottom of the screen no good for anyone?
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Quote Originally Posted by PY
    Is the 'Similar Threads' part at the bottom of the screen no good for anyone?
    but thats only useful once you've started the new thread. its a lot harder to search specifically for threads to find out whether or not someone has created one like it beforehand

PY
    If there's one similar, then delete yours.

Granted, it's still a pain in the buttocks but such is life (no dirt comments Voltman, BoyBrumby, Benchmark, andyc, KennyD etc etc )

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    i remember james merged a thread of mine with a similar thread not long ago,,,

Quote Originally Posted by PY
    If there's one similar, then delete yours.

Granted, it's still a pain in the buttocks but such is life (no dirt comments Voltman, BoyBrumby, Benchmark, andyc, KennyD etc etc )
    ohhh....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information