Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: The Lord of the Rings Thread

  1. #1
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350

    The Lord of the Rings Thread

    Seeing as tho we have a thread for Harry Potter fans i thought we could have one for Lord of the Rings too... Ive just watched The Return of the Ring.... again, and im just amazed at how great a film this is (im counting all of them as one film)... The acting is outstanding, the camera work is supendous everything about this film is amazing. Im lucky enough to have all three extended versions so i watch the two extra DVDs too... Its good to see some of the actors expericences of making the film and how they actually feel about being part of something so huge as The Lord of the Rings... And as usual the end of The Return of the King made me cry.... i so should stop play when the Eagles come to rescue Frodo and Sam but i never seem to be able too....

    By the way i totally love this film
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

  2. #2
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Watched Fellowship last Sunday for I think the sixth time, watched Two Towers yesterday, to relax and get out of the training mode, for the fourth time, and am hoping to watch Return for the fifth time within the next week. I'm a fan.

    I haven't read the entire book, reached half way through Two Towers, before being lured away by Wodehouse. Not that I regret it, but I'd like to complete the book, someday...
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

  3. #3
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    29,565
    The only saving grace with Bored of the Rings is that its creator is from Allan D's hometown..

    And thats about all I know.. Oh, and the Odeon in Taunton has surprisingly comfy seats for sleeping in..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  4. #4
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep
    Watched Fellowship last Sunday for I think the sixth time, watched Two Towers yesterday, to relax and get out of the training mode, for the fourth time, and am hoping to watch Return for the fifth time within the next week. I'm a fan.

    I haven't read the entire book, reached half way through Two Towers, before being lured away by Wodehouse. Not that I regret it, but I'd like to complete the book, someday...
    Lol good boy Sparky... you should read the book its really great, altho it is over 1000 pages long


  5. #5
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    The only saving grace with Bored of the Rings is that its creator is from Allan D's hometown..

    And thats about all I know.. Oh, and the Odeon in Taunton has surprisingly comfy seats for sleeping in..
    Haha i guess its not everyones cup of tea as it were

  6. #6
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Lol good boy Sparky... you should read the book its really great, altho it is over 1000 pages long
    Not sure when I'll read it though. Can't see it happening in the next few months. Already got 6-7 books lined up, which don't deserve to be on the "To Read" list, but on the "Read" list.

    Maybe Randall should read some books, could help his grammar...

  7. #7
    International Captain Sudeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    7,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Haha i guess its not everyones cup of tea as it were
    But still... not enjoying LOTR is like dying a virgin...

  8. #8
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep
    Not sure when I'll read it though. Can't see it happening in the next few months. Already got 6-7 books lined up, which don't deserve to be on the "To Read" list, but on the "Read" list.

    Maybe Randall should read some books, could help his grammar...
    Even in a Lord of the Rings thread you couldnt leave him out of it could u?
    I hope to read The Lord of the Rings again during my six weeks holiday

  9. #9
    International Captain Piper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep
    But still... not enjoying LOTR is like dying a virgin...
    LOL i wouldnt go that far

  10. #10
    Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    18,574
    Absolutely brilliant films I tell ya!!
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep
    watched Two Towers yesterday
    I read that as Fawlty Towers at first. Didn't make sense at all...

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    18,574
    Wow!! That's a shocker huh?

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    is this thread going to be long and boring like the movies?
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

  14. #14
    Banned Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,124
    Haha yeah I don't like LOTR. I find the movies boring. Most people love them in NZ because they were made here and th director was a NZer but I just couldn't get into them

  15. #15
    State Vice-Captain nikhil1772's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pune,India
    Posts
    1,443
    Lord Of The Rings should be renamed as Lord Of The Movies...simply brilliant
    Member Of AAAS


    Supporter of:
    Liverpool FC
    Ferrari F1
    Iron Maiden (Bombay.Feb 1st,2008...I was there)
    UP THE IRONS !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tech Geeks Thread
    By SupaFreak2005 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 04:15 PM
  2. **Official** South Africa in India Thread
    By Neil Pickup in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 453
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 08:26 AM
  3. Interviews
    By Slats4ever in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 24-09-2004, 05:26 AM
  4. *Official* India in Australia Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2652
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 08:00 PM
  5. *Official* West Indies in Zimbabwe Thread
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 554
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 04:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •