Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to now?

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar

What are you listening to now?

This is the "everything music" thead,you can discuss stuff that don't fit into any other music threads here.Or post any random observation you make.

Post what you are listening to at THIS MOMENT or the ENTIRE playlist at one go,don't reply with new posts everytime the track changes.Keep it clean people,we can have a good Music discussion.

Listening to : Athlete - Half Light.
    orz

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    listening to: the annoying buzz of my malfunctioning fan as it goes around.

soon to be have a drink on me by ac/dc, though
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

I'd officially like to announce that I'd like $1 for every time someone mentions the word "Muse" in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    I'd officially like to announce that I'd like $1 for every time someone mentions the word "Muse" in this thread
    Going by the first two posters,I say you'd be rich.

I suppose you don't like them though.

what??? they are--sorry, muse ($2!) is a great band.

The Smiths - The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Oh, and for what it's worth I think Muse and overated.
    PommieMacGill.

“Everyday life is only an illusion behind which lies the reality of dreams." - Werner Herzog

Friedrich Nietzsche | Werner Herzog | Joy Division | Ludovico Einaudi | History | Peep Show

Quote Originally Posted by PommieMacGill
    The Smiths - The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Oh, and for what it's worth I think Muse and overated.
    Your musical tastes are extremely different.There must be very few of your friends who can manage to talk music with you.Must be hard.

Muse and your musical tastes are in direct conflict.Its only natural for you to think Muse are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    Your musical tastes are extremely different.There must be very few of your friends who can manage to talk music with you.Must be hard.

Muse and your musical tastes are in direct conflict.Its only natural for you to think Muse are overrated.
    Hey, I can talk about music for hours. I appreciate all variant's of music. I can see why people think Muse are good, I am not dismissing that. Just in my opinion they are overated.

Maybe his friends are who have exposed him to these different types of music, expanding his tastes.

Hey, I can talk about music for hours. I appreciate all variant's of music. I can see why people think Muse are good, I am not dismissing that. Just in my opinion they are overated.
    What I meant was there must be very few people you know who actually listen to your favorites,especially since you are 18,people around you are probably into metal or rap/hip-hop.

I suppose my tone was a bit strong,but I meant i understood why Muse were overrated according to you.

Maybe his friends are who have exposed him to these different types of music, expanding his tastes.
    Could be,but I assumed it wasn't the case.Forgive me if I'm wrong.

What I meant was there must be very few people you know who actually listen to your favorites,especially since you are 18,people around you are probably into metal or rap/hip-hop.

I suppose my tone was a bit strong,but I meant i understood why Muse were overrated according to you.

Could be,but I assumed it wasn't the case.Forgive me if I'm wrong.
    Nope, you were right. I listen to much more varied types of music than my friends do but I kind of like that. I'm different and I like that.

Music is a very personal thing, which is what it makes it so great. There's something out there that will suit everyone's tastes and that people will like.

Nope, you were right. I listen to much more varied types of music than my friends do but I kind of like that. I'm different and I like that.

Music is a very personal thing, which is what it makes it so great. There's something out there that will suit everyone's tastes and that people will like.
    yeah, well said.
    the music i listen to, while not as varied as yours, is about twice as varied as my friends, which can get annoying because they tend to just follow whatever's in (rap or hip hop right now..). and it does make me feel special being different

Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    yeah, well said.
    the music i listen to, while not as varied as yours, is about twice as varied as my friends, which can get annoying because they tend to just follow whatever's in (rap or hip hop right now..). and it does make me feel special being different
    Exactly Andy, and that's the only thing I say to people, especially my friends. To try and listen to and experience as many different genre's of music as possible. It's worth it, because even if you don't like that particular genre of music, you learn to appreciate it and get a realisation as to why people like it.

Exactly Andy, and that's the only thing I say to people, especially my friends. To try and listen to and experience as many different genre's of music as possible. It's worth it, because even if you don't like that particular genre of music, you learn to appreciate it and get a realisation as to why people like it.
    yeah, i try to do that, but i just can not really accept some types of music (i wont specify which ones), that just seem to unoriginal and boring for me.

My friends and music...

I was listening to David Gray in year 8. They come around in year 11 and try to tell me about this guy called David Gray.

I listen to Jeff Buckley. They come up and ask me about Hallelujah after they see it on the OC.

I have a whole different bunch of mates who have really opened my eyes music wise though, and for that I'm always indebted.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information