Page 91 of 348 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 5212
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    Huh?I was merely making a comment about how certain activities or personality traits may be more pleasurable to some more than others, when you waltz on in talking about an old TV show.

Watchu talking about, NZTailender?

President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Oooh Mark Wright shook my hand today.

How nice it is to know people who know people
    Sorry Eddie, I know he's a Derby man and all, but Mark Wright is a compelte and utter scumbag and I personally hate him, wash your hands!
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    Sorry Eddie, I know he's a Derby man and all, but Mark Wright is a compelte and utter scumbag and I personally hate him, wash your hands!
    Don't remember any bad stories about him when he was with us. There was the apparant racist thing a few years ago (which is abominable if true of course). Got any juicy goss?
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la

The wolves are running..

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    There was apparently a report that a player had played the 'R' card about Wright, then the player concerned cried 'Wolf' about someone else.

When anything like that happens and there's more than a semblance of truth in it, our gutter press tend to blow things sky-high and the guy never works again - remember Ron Atkinson and his own 'crimes against humanity'?

I doubt very much whether the entire football and press establishment would close ranks just to preserve Wright's reputation when there's some juicy pickings to be had, so I guess it must be something else.

Can you give us any clues?
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Right, sorry to drag up an old topic, but I was just trying to find something and found this.

My beef with mark Wright is personal more than anything else. I could go into full details but, you may not believe me, and I don't want to sound like I am whining. I used to work in a pub called "The Acorn" and the manager was very pally with Wright, he was often in boozing, free of charge of course. He even got in on the act at our staff parties. And while I found him to be a bit of a parasite, I got on well enough with him.

Then at the last staff party I would attend, I was a little worse for wear

I was chatting to Wright about his interest in the vacant Tranmere job.It was obvious he wanted the job but didn't know if he'd get it.

Then later on I had a little run-in with the manager, let's just say. Now I'm 5'11, I may have a beer belly but I have the least intimidating physique in the world, or arms anyhow. The manager is about 20 stone, massive, looks like he eats people like me for brunch. So when this fall-out gets physical, you can imagine that the manager wouldn't really need any help, but Mr Wright evidently didn't think so, and was raaaaather close to getting his Budweiser bottle involved and all. Like I say I'm not gonna go into full detail, but it's fair to say i realised that Wright was nothing but a thug who loved getting into fights with anyone, especially 19 year olds who've just called their boss a "fat ****." And I swear upon my unborn child's life that I am not making this up.

"You're just a nobody," words that still ring in my head, and dammit I hope one day that he shall be porven wrong LOL

So that is, in essence where my disliking of Wright stems from. I have heard many things since then, because people love to tell me stories about Mark Wright, people who know I had a bit of a fallout with him anyway. I know he was screwing one of his player's wives, because he hid out in the Acorn for a few days for some reason, because of all that, but my personal favourite story about him is that he was knocking off the missus of a player who was at another club, but he wanted her to move closer, so he signed the player so he could move his family to Jester. It may or may not be true but it was someone failry well-connected at Jester who told me. LOL.

I don't know if you think it's sad to hate him for such personal reasons, but I do so there !! :P
    Last edited by GIMH; 28-06-2006 at 04:47 AM.

, but my personal favourite story about him is that he was knocking off the missus of a player who was at another club, but he wanted her to move closer, so he signed the player so he could move his family to Jester. It may or may not be true but it was someone failry well-connected at Jester who told me. LOL.
    That is a classic. A far better motive for misuse of a clubs funds than personnal bungs.

BTW, I can see why you dont like him, but if you call people fat ****s (even if its someone else) you could be asking for trouble. You may consider yourself a little lucky the bottle was not used. As unfortunate as it sounds, actions carry consequences. Moral of the story. Do not mess with huge fat guys and their egotistical mates.

PS Congrats on the baby, it will give you all you can handle but it will be the best thing you have every done.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

LOL I didn't come across too well there, may I just add that the exact words I used where "*** [don't wanna put my ex-boss's name in], get off me you fat ****." As he had my arm twisted severely. But I know what you mean.

Thanks for the congrats. At the moment I am really valuing my sleep and shall continue to do so until the baby arrives!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    Moral of the story. Do not mess with huge fat guys and their egotistical mates.
    PS greatest advice anyone in the world could ever receive?

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Apart from "Warning. Quicksand."
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy
    Apart from "Warning. Quicksand."
    Did anyone else see the Mythbusters episode where they proved quicksand does not really exist especially in a movie killer fashion? The human body just has too much buoyancy.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    sounds like something richard hammond and his braniac team would attempt.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    sounds like something richard hammond and his braniac team would attempt.
    Their walking on custard thing was a bit tenuous....industrial grade custard is hardly custard custard.

But mobile phones and eggs helped dispel that myth
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

all the episodes seem to result in caravans being blown up one way or another lol.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    all the episodes seem to result in caravans being blown up one way or another lol.
    Best Richard Hammond caravan related destruction i remember is where they air blasted old cars onto a circular target with a caravan in the middle and eventually they got it, but i'm pretty sure that was Top Gear...

it was indeed, but that funny little man richard hammond shows up everywhere, im sure he acts as a double for david tennant in doctor who actually, which reminds me...

Thread Information