cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 385 of 388 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 5819
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Well Iím finished on PC and now finished on CW. My forums adventures will hopefully continue on Big Footy going to see what itís like and didnít want to leave with my ban. Oh yeah I am officially a serial offender now apparently whatever that means think itís because I have a different type of cereal each day who knows it isnít exactly everyday talk.
    Going to really miss some people on here its more me I get bored very easily and will just wonder off somewhere, anyway wish everyone the best
    Bye all
    Shouldn't make jokes about this. My "cereal offenders" thread lead to me getting banned.

Edit: apropos of the previous sentence, post reported.
    dontcloseyoureyes likes this.

Hall of Fame Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Shouldn't make jokes about this. My "cereal offenders" thread lead to me getting banned.

Edit: apropos of the previous sentence, post reported.
    - I can see a pattern developing here

I wonder ......................

Quote Originally Posted by garylyon View Post
    I've been posting sporadically for some weeks now and since it feels like a fun place to hang around and talk cricket, I might as well do the intro. So, I'm a 20 year old guy and, as is probably evident to those who have read my posts so far, I live in India. The 2007 T20 World Cup is the farthest back my cricket memories go without being unintelligibly scrappy, so I'm often clueless when people debate the cricketers and times I haven't seen (and reading about a sport defeats the purpose of it being a sport). My father initiated me into cricket and taught the basic parts - how to spin the ball, the elementary shots and the like. As a kid I had a fascination for Dravid and the brand of Cricket he's famous for even if my child brain failed to understand the basic nuances of Test Cricket or to appreciate the skill of defensive batting for its true cruciality. Simply batting out for overs to tire out the bowlers just seemed so cool, but, in real life, since we didn't have the luxury of playing a match for 8 hours everyday let's just say it was not encouraged. I moved to the uni when I was 16 and, since my dad was the primary reason I followed cricket all along (besides playing it), I gradually stopped watching it. Almost entirely. Then in the summer holidays of 2017 I was on a visit home and heard that there was Champions Trophy going on in England. At first I was indifferent but having nothing better to do I watched the entire Ind vs SA game from the group stage, and it was after years that I did so, and it gave a certain sense of nostalgia and joy and kindled some memories. It wasn't even that good of a game to be honest, but it was cricket nonetheless. Eventually I ended up following the rest of the tournament and most of the cricket that has happened over the world since. Initially I considered to very effortful to watch a complete Test match but over a year my views and tastes have radically changed. Limited Overs cricket which offered immense thrill to my immature cricket brain gradually went down in terms of its appeal, while there is nothing more I enjoy now than a good competitive test match or even an FC game. I have also been playing cricket with my mates for some months now - I primarily bowl some quicker leg-breaks which turn quite a lot with a tennis ball. Not a lot with an actual cricket ball. I'm a fan and admirer of finger spinners like Ash, Lyon (hence the username), Swann, Maharaj, Jaddu, etc. but since it is so common to see guys bowl off-spin I decided to try something different. They send me in 3 down and hitting big is all that is expected of me (or anyone really). Besides cricket, I have some interest in football. I study biology at the uni but I also have serious interests in subjects like history, social theory and philosophy. My final year at the uni starts next month and I had some time on my hands so I thought this forum would be a nice place to squander some of it around. Looking forward to have some fun discussions with you guys!
    Sorry to be posting with a different account - I hope it isn't against the rules to create a new one when you have genuinely lost access to your original one. I initially registered as garylyon but had to go on a hiatus for a while, mainly due to some uni stuff. Unfortunately when I come back I had lost the password to my account. Strangely something weird had happened to my email too some time ago, so I couldn't figure out a way to recover my original profile. Really loved the forum community and atmosphere while I was on here so decided to register again. Hope everyone's been having fun. Look forward to posting in the tour threads
    Burgey, zorax, harsh.ag and 2 others like this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Welcome back mate.

If you want to recover your original account, you could probably VM a mod and they'll help you. Except harsh, who would probably give you his p0rnhub account password by mistake. Which would likely be a win anyway, but still.

I know when I lost my original account ID under the username Richard that I had to come back under another name, but hopefully the place has moved on since then
    Shri likes this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Thanks Burgey

Be delighted if I could get the old profile back, but for now can't seem to be able to VM anyone. I don't particularly mind sticking with the new one either, though, if I have to.

Hope to see you and others in the Australia tour thread. Cheers!
    zorax and Burgey like this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    The new username's better.
    I am proud of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    The new username's better.
    Lyon bowled better than Ashwin in the second innings imo, its just that Ash had Australian batsmen to bowl to
    Mark Cameron FTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    They both played their roles well.

Agree, I wasn't saying Ashwin bowled badly by any means. But Lyon looked to be getting a little bit more turn on average

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    I give it a couple of weeks...
    Close think it was 2 weeks. Asked for my account to be closed.
    DEAD GIRL
    @ R O CW C K S

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    oh god
    Shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    oh god
    Hi sledger
    Shri likes this.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Hello there, name's Andy, huge cricket fan, test cricket obviously my favourite format, and look forward to talking cricket with everyone....also like fantasy league's etc....glad to be here...and hi!
    harsh.ag, andmark and Bijed like this.

Hope to see you posting in the WI-Eng tour thread soon, Andy
    Bijed likes this.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

International Vice-Captain andmark's Avatar
    Hi Andy, nice to have you. There's always good discussion to be had on here, so hopefully you'll enjoy it.
    Bijed likes this.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

Thread Information