Page 344 of 348 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5212
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself

Hi all,

I've checked out this forum over the last couple days, and other than a few negative comments about Our Jimmy (personal God) and Unkie Bumble (I just love his mad ravings) I think I've stumbled across a decent bunch of cricket fans. I look forward to sharing my utterly unqualified opinions with you all.

Cricket background - played through school as a seamer, and batted at 11. In fact, I would say I made Chris Martin look like an all-rounder. As I moved in to club cricket, my shoulder didn't seem to enjoy me bowling at full tilt, so I gave leg-spin a whirl, with mixed success. Stopped playing at 24, when a combination of a) marriage, child, work got in the way and b) I suddenly stopped being able to complete an over in less than seven balls. Now 29, and ALMOST considering a second go at it all, but I can't see myself being much use!

Anyhooo... Long intro over. Ciao

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Welcome Adwin
    Last edited by Agent Nationaux; 14-08-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    are you sure you're not 31? your description does sound like jimmy anderson.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    are you sure you're not 31? your description does sound like jimmy anderson.
    Haha other than a strong tendency to look thoroughly pissed off with the world at all times, I can assure you we are quite different people.
    "My mantra is: put your brain into gear and if you can add to what's on the screen then do it, otherwise shut up."

Richie Benaud

Cricket Spectator
    Hello Guys!! Taylor here. Work in an investment firm and looking for some entertainment . Hope this forum provides that.

gokautomaten
    Last edited by taylorthornton; 29-08-2013 at 05:11 AM.

Hmm, more or less

Welcome Taylor
    There are two colours in my head

Evening all.

I've just signed up as I was on the look out for a fairly active cricket forum to discuss county cricket as well as the internationals.

I'm from England and old enough to drink in the US. I don't live in a county that has a major cricket team but my allegiance has tended to be towards Essex.
    andyc likes this.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cube's Off View Post
    Evening all.

I've just signed up as I was on the look out for a fairly active cricket forum to discuss county cricket as well as the internationals.

I'm from England and old enough to drink in the US. I don't live in a county that has a major cricket team but my allegiance has tended to be towards Essex.
    welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cube's Off View Post
    I don't live in a county that has a major cricket team but my allegiance has tended to be towards Essex.
    Good lad.

And welcome.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Hey all, been lurking here for a few months and finally decided to sign up. My interest in cricket really started in around 1995-96 when Tendulkar and Lara were reigning supreme. Tried to become a batsman, but kept getting bowled more frequently than Dravid on his last tour to Australia, switched to leg spin, lets just say it was ugly on many levels....then tried to become a fast bowling six hitting all rounder ala Kapil, Botham etc.
    Finally realised I wasnt any good at playing cricket at all and decided to focus my efforts elsewhere. Nonetheless, I retain my love for the sport and still make time to sit down and watch a whole session of play from time to time. Hopefully will be a regular poster in the near future
    Last edited by OverratedSanity; 11-09-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Welcome mate. Like the user name and look forward to some posts of the same ilk.

welcome newbies

Cricket Spectator
    Hi all,

I've been a lurker on here for a while, and thought I should register. I have played cricket for a number of years, even in winter I used to play 'World Cup Cricket' board game with my father.

Now I'm involved with Sports Insurance and the ECB Insurance in the UK. I won't be selling the insurance, but if you do have any questions on it please drop me a message.

Robin

Welcome Robin and Ray

Try eating prunes may be of assistance to you in your endeavours to be regular.
    andyc likes this.

Thread Information