Page 339 of 348 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 5212
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by falesia View Post
    Hello everyone -- Cliff here (my nickname is Portuguese for "cliff", as I used to live in Portugal). I was a member of Lancashire County Cricket Club for several years and get to Old Trafford occasionally, although mainly now it's Tests and ODIs with my friend who conveniently lives three miles from Trent Bridge. Three daughters, trying to get them interested. Look forward to chatting!
    A man with a seagull on his head!

EyeThangEwe. It's the way I tell 'em.

Seriously, welcome onboard, mate.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

jan
    Hello everyone -- Cliff here (my nickname is Portuguese for "cliff", as I used to live in Portugal). I was a member of Lancashire County Cricket Club for several years and get to Old Trafford occasionally, although mainly now it's Tests and ODIs with my friend who conveniently lives three miles from Trent Bridge. Three daughters, trying to get them interested. Look forward to chatting!
    Tree daughters means four females in the house? Much respect for you. And welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Bun View Post
    Darn, at his age, I didn't know one needed to insert and ejaculate manship in womanship to create childship!
    left-handed batsman & grainy low-res streams watcher, aiming to establish myself as cricketer in the 7th grade :)

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    A warm welcome to you Cliff from a fellow Lancastrian

I hope we see you posting regularly, though you do need to be a bit careful as there are a few here from the wrong side of the Pennines - given some of the comments I made just over a year ago they've actually been quite understanding, but you'd probably still be wise to tread carefully with flibbertyjibber, jacknife and Howe_zat

Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    Not a problem, call me Dan BTW.
    Will do

Quote Originally Posted by jan View Post
    Tree daughters means four females in the house? Much respect for you. And welcome
    Thanks! Yes, one man household. Outnumbered, but they're great girls.

cpr
    From Lancaster itself I see. Not a bad little town - Alot of my family is in Morecambe so have had the odd night out there myself (decent pool hall in the centre, a good laugh). Might be heading up that way soon. Anyway, welcome to the forum, there's enough with the right coloured rose on here to make it decent.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Thank you fred and cpr--I know what Yorkshire folk can be like (although have met the odd nice one, last time I think was in 1969)

Banned
    Hey there, Sathya here from India. I played cricket at junior level and went to a training academy run by former Indian wicketkeeper Kiran More. I soon realised i was pretty terrible,
    So, i shifted my focus to things i could actually do well, like playing football, writing and gaming. But i still love cricket a good deal more than my other interests.
    Looking forward to some good chats!

Welcome aboard mate! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satyanash89 View Post
    Hey there, Sathya here from India. I played cricket at junior level and went to a training academy run by former Indian wicketkeeper Kiran More. I soon realised i was pretty terrible,
    So, i shifted my focus to things i could actually do well, like playing football, writing and gaming. But i still love cricket a good deal more than my other interests.
    Looking forward to some good chats!
    As long as you have a healthy disdain for everything spelled IPL you will do well here.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    As long as you have a healthy disdain for everything spelled IPL you will do well here.
    Why on earth would i NOT loathe IPL? I said pretty clearly that i love cricket
    seriously, though apart from the fact that IPL gives me the chance to watch oldies like Warne, Gilchrist and Dravid playing, i think its an abomination, so there you go

haha

Cricket Spectator
    Hello I am Raheel Mushtaq from Karachi, Pakistan. A lover of cricket and supporter of Pakistani Cricket Team

good on ya mate.

Thread Information