Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 348 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Pale
    Hey everyone, I'm Pale, a schoolboy from Norwich in England. I am a great cricket fan and my favourite team is England. I regularly play cricket for my school and local club. I would like the job of a journalist when I'm older. Cricket Web looks like a great site and I look forward to enjoying my time here.
    Welcome to the forum, Pale. Hope you get plenty out of your time here..

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Welcome Pale,you seem like a sensible kid,using this thread for your first post.Hope you have a great time here.
    orz

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Hey everyone, I'm Pale, a schoolboy from Norwich in England. I am a great cricket fan and my favourite team is England. I regularly play cricket for my school and local club. I would like the job of a journalist when I'm older. Cricket Web looks like a great site and I look forward to enjoying my time here.
    A fellow East Anglian! Wow! Canaries fan then, Pale?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    A fellow East Anglian! Wow! Canaries fan then, Pale?
    Didn't you go down to Div One last week, BoyBrumby?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman

Not yet,there's some time still for their Premiership membership to be cancelled.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    welcome to cw, and especially ot. its an awesome place
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Pinball Champion!
    Hi, Im Rich, 18.. I live in Somerset in the UK, and also sometimes in South Africa (Randburg/Port Elizabeth).. I am a cricket photographer as well as a student at the moment..

My main sport is badminton where I captained my college team this year and I play cricket to college 1stXI level and am a bowling all rounder.. I've been on this forum for ages, but not as long as some

My teams are South Africa and Somerset (cricket) and Plymouth Argyle (football).. My favourite players are Boeta Dippenaar, Allan Donald and Michael Vaughan

Other passions include music (Athlete, Muse, Coldplay, Feeder, Postal Serivice etc.) and flying.. I will be learning to fly in a few months..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Yes I am a Canaries fan. It was very disappointing to get relegated last weekend but we have to look on the bright side of things. We have more matches to watch, we are guaranteed of winning more than five games and we get to go to some very nice places. I'm confident we will return soon.

Pinball Champion!
    we get to go to some very nice places
    Including the centre of the universe, where you can watch yourselves get beaten by the mighty Pilgrims

eeek.. i think my ex supports Norwich..

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    I will be learning to fly in a few months..
    Acid trip.. word...
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Welcome to CW - have fun

My turn then. I'm Håkon, 17 years old from Norway (born and bred!), just finished my IB diploma exams, thus I have a four month summer holiday to enjoy now - and I'm probably weird even by geek standards. I enjoy watching most sports except synchronous swimming and baseball, and got into cricket a couple of years ago trying to understand the rules. Never touched a bat, though.

As for other interests, I like chatting, writing stuff about sports (hey, it's why I'm here!), listening to music, and doing maths.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman

Nah, I'm a glory-hunting Arsenal fan, but I do keep an eye out for the East Anglian teams (except Peterboring. Boo!!!! )

Yes I am a Canaries fan. It was very disappointing to get relegated last weekend but we have to look on the bright side of things. We have more matches to watch, we are guaranteed of winning more than five games and we get to go to some very nice places. I'm confident we will return soon.
    That's the spirit! & you've got the derby back with Town jibbing against James's Happy Hammers!

I cannot believe this guy is all of 12 years old...he talks with such sense and maturity...

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes
    As for other interests, I like chatting, writing stuff about sports (hey, it's why I'm here!), listening to music, and doing maths.
    *tries to stifle laughs*

nah, I respect your love of maths, Håk. Ever since you taught me Spearmans Rank

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    I cannot believe this guy is all of 12 years old...he talks with such sense and maturity...
    sense and maturity don't come with age. Just look at nibbs, he's 20 this year

Page 2 of 348 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information