Page 153 of 347 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 5199
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post

Nah, it's ok, the freezing works is still going, it's not that depressing.

Til the decide to close the works that is
    I will say one good thing about your town. We stopped off on the way down to Invers to cover a rugby game and the disused railway station proved an excellent place to surreptitiously take a piss.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    I will say one good thing about your town. We stopped off on the way down to Invers to cover a rugby game and the disused railway station proved an excellent place to surreptitiously take a piss.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    The "disused" railway station is actually a small cafe/shop.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Not the part of it where we drained the pythons.

Banned
    Not the part of it where we drained the pythons.
    syphoned the pythons, you mean

Mahjong Champion!
    G'day All,
    Had a quick squizzy through the intro forum posts Think I am one of the oldest on this forum. NOT admitting to anything mind but my eldest son is older than 70% of you.So I must bring to the forum over 55 years of watching and playing cricket....NO computer skills though so do not look for quick replies.

BTW I HAVE seen Bradman Play

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMAC View Post
    G'day All,
    Had a quick squizzy through the intro forum posts Think I am one of the oldest on this forum. NOT admitting to anything mind but my eldest son is older than 70% of you.So I must bring to the forum over 55 years of watching and playing cricket....NO computer skills though so do not look for quick replies.

Holy.....! You are...umm...mature. Where did you see Bradman play sir?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    JBMAC: You are one privileged human being.

Mahjong Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Holy.....! You are...umm...mature. Where did you see Bradman play sir?
    While Bradman retired after the 1948 "invincibles" tour of England, he continued to play club cricket and Testimonial "tests" for retiring players of his era.I was fortunate enough to be at the Lindsay Hassett Testimonial where Bradman score 17 and 80* in 1954.You need to understand cricketers were not paid a lot of money in those days[actually a pittance] and these special matches were a way for them to retire with a little bit of the ready.So, I have been fortunate enough to see most of the post war cricketers and played with some.My first coach was Ken Mackay and later Wes Hall to "name drop" just a couple.
    Keep Your Feet on The Ground,Keep Reaching for The Stars!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Welcome, JBMAC. In terms of active members you'd probably be the oldest, but I know that jamesicus, who's not posted for a while, had seen Bradman play in 1938 and 1948, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Banned
    While Bradman retired after the 1948 "invincibles" tour of England, he continued to play club cricket and Testimonial "tests" for retiring players of his era.I was fortunate enough to be at the Lindsay Hassett Testimonial where Bradman score 17 and 80* in 1954.You need to understand cricketers were not paid a lot of money in those days[actually a pittance] and these special matches were a way for them to retire with a little bit of the ready.So, I have been fortunate enough to see most of the post war cricketers and played with some.My first coach was Ken Mackay and later Wes Hall to "name drop" just a couple.
    That's a marvellous thing to be able to tell your grandkids (if you have any)... and us of course, JBMAC. I'm sure everyone's quite envious. What can you tell us about his batting? Can you recall that?
    Last edited by Fiery; 11-06-2007 at 05:33 AM.

Cricket Spectator
    Howdy all, Im Simon Hmmm what do i say now, im a regular on Planetcricket so a few of you guys will know me already, i fancied a bit of variation in my cricket talk so ill be around now and again

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbazz View Post
    Howdy all, Im Simon Hmmm what do i say now, im a regular on Planetcricket so a few of you guys will know me already, i fancied a bit of variation in my cricket talk so ill be around now and again
    Sure simon you'll stay thats the same thing you said the last time i got you to join something
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    G'day All,

Welcome JBMAC I'm cover drive man (Cdm) and I admire the fact that you have been watching cricket 55 years. Welcome to cw
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Well, at least mataura's good for something

Thread Information