cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 15 of 389 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree518Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Sudeep

What will happen to us?!

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    I have informed the global management that I wish to overhaul the entire Asian organistaion so there might be opportunities for bright ?, influential ?, qualified ? young?men like you from Seoul to Sydney !!!

Always think of the up-side
    Ah ha...

But still, .
    “If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.” - Douglas Adams

Hi there everyone, im Andrew.

Im 19 and am from Auckland, New Zealand. I have been crazy about cricket since i was a wee fella and currently play senior club cricket. I am studying Politics and International Business at Auckland University. I have just joined CW writing for the front page, which will be a great experience.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    I would feel very fulfilled if I could contribute an article every 4-6 weeks.
    From what I remember of that first article, it would be a very welcome addition.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmers87

Im 19 and am from Auckland, New Zealand. I have been crazy about cricket since i was a wee fella and currently play senior club cricket. I am studying Politics and International Business at Auckland University. I have just joined CW writing for the front page, which will be a great experience.
    I'm doing Politics at Auckland too! I'm doing 106 (International Relations), 107 (NZ Politics) and 233 (Tabloid News). You in any of those classes?

Did 107 last year, and will do Media and Propaganda next term. Didn't realise Tabloid News was only in sem 1! Really wanted to do it as well..
    Last edited by Marmers87; 05-06-2005 at 05:07 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Tabloid News has been a bit disappointing, I was really looking forward to it. Turned out to be mainly about the ethics of that sort of news and stuff, was alright at first but got a bit tedious.

Doing European Union and NZ Parties and Elections next semester. Looking forward to the NZ paper, I think Raymond Miller's a really good lecturer.

He is definately a notch above the others I've encountered. In fact I would take it because of his style alone, it wasn't my intention to be interested in NZ Politics but i will take some of his papers in the future for sure. Hopefully Media and Prop will be good tho.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    firstly sjs, congratulations on your new position, awesome news for you and your family, and i wish you good luck in it for the future as it obviously means a lot to you

it is, however, sad to see a poster of your calibre go, or even come less frequently. i've always enjoyed reading your posts, and i'm sure there isn't a member here that would disagree with me. your posts have been funny, knowledgeable and insightful, whether it be cricket-based or otherwise, and you've made some awesome threads. see you mate
    Last edited by andyc; 05-06-2005 at 08:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    ^ My thoughts exactly... its a sad news without doubt.. but for your own good and happiness i guess.. although im sure you can try and logon to CW when your bored waiting for interconnecting flights at the airport etc

Welcome Andrew.. What grade and club mate?
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmers87

welcome to cw. it's an awesome place

Pinball Champion!
    Ja sad to see SJS, best of luck for the future and hope you make a swift return after a lot of success..

Welcome Marmers, I'm on the staff as well.. I'm in the UK where Im doing my last month at school, then its off to South Africa. I write a bit but my main passion is photography!
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    From what I remember of that first article, it would be a very welcome addition.
    Thanks Marc.

I remember that one. It was a post for the Pakistan in India thread which became too long and I liked the sound of it and sent it to James instead of posting it.

I'll miss your cryptic quarter liners

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    firstly sjs, congratulations on your new position, awesome news for you and your family, and i wish you good luck in it for the future as it obviously means a lot to you

it is, however, sad to see a poster of your calibre go, or even come less frequently. i've always enjoyed reading your posts, and i'm sure there isn't a member here that would disagree with me. your posts have been funny, knowledgeable and insightful, whether it be cricket-based or otherwise, and you've made some awesome threads. see you mate
    Thanks Andy.

Yes it is great news because I was losing interest. I have been a CEO for 20 years now and I get my kicks from a challenge. A crisis brings the best out of me. My present assignment had been too easy for a couple of years, we were doing extremely well and people told me they were astonished that I wanted to retire early when I was doing so well. I kept telling them that I did not find "doing well" very satisfying since I could do it with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back

This assignement, which is in addition to my earlier one will take 75 percent of my time, I will end up working 12 hours plus a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and almost every week I will take decisions which will have major consequences. This is the kind of stuff I thrive on !

I am touched by all the sentiments expressed here which is so gratifying since it has all so much fun for me personally. Thanks once again.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_darkness
    ^ My thoughts exactly... its a sad news without doubt.. but for your own good and happiness i guess.. although im sure you can try and logon to CW when your bored waiting for interconnecting flights at the airport etc
    Thanks for the kind words Reuben. One of my regrets on the CW has been not spending much time on your lounge When I first came to OT from my regular haunt that was CC, I did see the lounge but it had an air of a preserve-of-a-few when I first went there and as it is I was getting to know some people first time in OT so I stayed away from the lounge where I felt I might be a kind an outsider if you get what I mean.

However, on your posting twice in a thread asking me to come to the lounge made me change that impression (totally incorrect I admit) and I felt I should have gone there earlier.

Hope to see you somewhere some time in my many travels in the Asian and Oceanic regions in the coming years.

Thread Information