Page 111 of 348 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 5212
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself

Banned
    welcome big trev great posts in battrick forum very interesting reading your posts!

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_vayro
    Excluding baseball, which was ours to start with, and which is actually a very good game!
    Bah!

Welcome.
    RIP Craigos

Banned
    baseball is boring!

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    so is cricket
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

Banned
    how mr chaulk?

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    the same way you think baseball is boring

Banned
    your confusing me now chaulky!

Clash of wits in here.

got a slight feeling chaulk has the edge..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Worst page in OT history for mine.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Banned
    Hi, I'm Trev, 28, a TV journalist, and I originally come from God's city of Swansea. Follow The comically crap Glamorgan and England in cricket, Swansea City and Wales in football, and Ospreys and Wales in *PROPER* rugby. Also interested in golf, tennis, Athletics, F1, snooker, and basically any sports apart from those invented by the Yanks - Excluding baseball, which was ours to start with, and which is actually a very good game!

But cricket is my first and only true sporting love. I play for my local blind cricket club, who won the UK blind cricket Cup at Lord's last month, (Oh yeh, probably should have mentioned that I'm totally blind!), and I've also won 30 caps for the England blind cricket team, though currently out of favour - Pies, pints, personalities...The coach's Ex - You know how it goes! I'm an extremely dull and technically awkward left-handed defensive opening bat, and a slow left-arm filth bowler - I hesitate to use the word "Spinner" in connection with my bowling, though occasionally I do turn it from the Off side of Off stump….To…Well…The Leg side of Off stump! But having said all that, an absolutely stupendous amount of people do seem to get out to me - Mainly caught at Deep Backward Square and Fine Leg - Which is an endless source of amusement!

What else? Um, I've recently married (Sorry Piper, but no harm in window shopping hey?:-)), and I've acquired a ten year old Autistic daughter along the way. Also have a black Labrador guide-dog, who is a fantastic pet, loving, playful, loyal and all the rest, but sadly he's the worst guide-dog who ever lived - Basically he's a psychopathic furry eating and shagging machine!

Tend to have a pretty short fuse, and get frequently frustrated with the inordinate numbers of cretins and Chavs who seem to populate our planet, though thankfully this usually vents itself through comic outbursts on paper rather than violence - Just ask the guys on the Battrick thread, I've offered them a whole array of my thoughts and opinions on modern life!

As I say, I found CW through Battrick, and I've been posting on the Battrick thread since about January. So I know quite a few of the guys on here, Andy, Xavier, both Robs, Adam Paddy etc etc. Andy and Paddy recommended I check out OT several months ago, and it's taken me until now to read through the 109 pages, as I've been trying to squeeze it in unnoticed between jobs in the office.

Well that's probably enough for now, catch ya round, later, Trev
    Really Impressive

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Is this guy the most impressive member in CW history?

Yes IMO.

Yep. Love reading Trev's posts in the Battrick forum.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Banned
    Well I'm nothing if not green, so forgive me, but I'm going to recycle an old post from the Battrick thread, when the guys on there asked me pretty much the same kind'a question. In short, I have a speech synthesiser on my computer, which can read most forms of text - Except horrible PDF files. So I find CW pretty much a breeze. There's some techie type stuff I can't do, and Rob *****es like a girl when the tables I post aren't pleasing on his eye, but the bread and butter of reading and writing posts is simple as.

(Lifted from Battrick, 1/3/06 )
    "Oh yes! Not only does my computer read me all your posts, it also reads them, as well as everything I write back, in the same mechanised voice as used by
    Britain's favourite brain-box Stephen Hawkin.

I must confess, in my more bored and immature moments, I have succumbed to the temptation to have a bit of fun with my computer! - Well why wouldn't Stephen
    Hawkin ring NHS Direct and describe his symptoms as absolute quadriplegia and a silly mechanised voice? And why wouldn't Stephen Hawkin ring up to order
    a pizza? or a taxi? or to buy flowers from Inter-Flora for Timmy from South Park? The best bit is the bemusement I get from the people on the other end
    of the phone. They're 99% certain it's a p**s take, but they can't quite bring themselves to tell you to get stuffed, as there's always that 0.1% chance
    that it really is Stephen Hawkin - Because let's face it, it's not everyone who has Stephen Hawkin's voice ready programmed into their laptop!

I used to work as a reporter on a radio station which shall remain nameless, mainly because I still work for the same media organisation, and I plugged
    my laptop into the mixing desk and recorded while I typed the following trail:

"Hello, My Name is Stephen Hawkin, and I'm the most intelligent man in the world! That's why I listen to blarblar sports show on *** Radio, every Saturday
    from 1:30."

Funnily enough my producer didn't want to use it!"

Come on Piper! Where's my Biggrin? Everyone else gets one, and I was looking forward to mine!

Later, Trev
    Even more impressive.Anyway,welcome to the forum Sir!

Trev's crossed the great wall, good work
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

U19 Vice-Captain
    Well, let's see if we can get this page back on the boil? Apologies for introducing myself then disappearing again, but, as those on Battrick know well, my posts are intermittent because I can only really use the internet at work. So my posting potential is dependant on me being able to confuse my boss for a sufficient amount of time to allow me to create something!

Yesterday I was off work, looking after my daughter while 'Er Indoors' was off in college. So a reasonably uneventful day, spent watching 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks' over and over and over… Finally I managed to persuade her that she had actually learnt the script verbatim - However all that achieved was bringing about a lengthy game of 'Flying Beds', inspired by the aforementioned film. Somewhere around lunch-time I'd finally had it with jetting around the shops from under my duvet (She's her mother's daughter alright!), so I was forced to introduce a disturbing twist into the game, whereby the bed ditched in the Andes, and Angela Lansbury gorged herself on the children's corpses - Ah don't worry, she loves it! Besides, I've always had a deep mistrust of Angela Lansbury, ever since 'Murder She Wrote!' I mean, one little old lady has single-handedly been involved in more carnage than the SS, Al-Qaeda and the Spring Bok line-out put together!

But the highlight of my day was seeing Shane Warne on Neighbours! Jeeze you guys know how to make a soap! I've always had a bit of a kind'a 'Mrs Robinson' thing about Susan Kennedy, the hair, the shoes, the voice, the headmistress bit, her unhealthily close relationships with a number of her former students...I reckon she's proper dirty!

So it was hard to imagine how they could make Neighbours any better, but Warney managed it! Now with the best will in the world, I don't think that Stefan Dennis and Ian, 'Jelly Belly', Smith et al are going to be picking up an Oscar any time soon, but Warney managed to make them look like Laurence Olivier, with a performance of pure Willow! I'm telling you, by the end of the episode I literally had tears rolling down my face - Move over OJ Simpson, Vinnie Jones and Pele - Warney has arrived in the world of acting!

If at all possible, Warney's performance has only served to swell my grudging admiration for the man! An admiration founded when he transferred the fanatical pursuit of victory at any cost which he demonstrates on the cricket field, to the world of South-coast waitresses! - Though in a cruel move fuelled by jealousy and xenophobia, the hard-hearted magistrates unbelievably deemed his endeavours to be harassment! Women for you! You sit up till all hours for them, give yourself RSI in your thumbs, and that's all the thanks you get! Though apparently a further application for an exclusion order brought about by Marcus Trescothick has been declined!

Well I'd better end there, but before I do, thank you all so much for your kind words - Especially Ausie Dominance who's shown unbelievable magnanimity considering I likened him to my guide-dog last week! But as Pete Says, don't get too carried away - Not only am I Welsh - I'm ginger, have a wonky nose and…um…more of a keg than a six-pack! If enough of you would like me to, of course I'm happy to re-post some of the ****ed-up happenings of my life, from the Battrick thread, but I feel a bit of a fraud duplicating posts on two different threads?

Right, I'm in the office for another hour or so, then I'll be back Monday. Have a great weekend, later, Trev

Thread Information