Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Just Question..

A Just Question..

Ok i have just found out that my cousin is bellemic(sp?) and im pretty upset because of this. And it has been happening for a few weeks now, and i feel guilty because i didnt recognise that there was something wrong... When i was talking to her tonight i asked her why she did it and her answer was "the guys at school, were laughing at me coz im not as skinny or as pretty as some of the girls at my school!" When i heard this i realised how much pressure we are under to look supermodel thin and to be gob-smackingly beautiful. This is totally impossible for us all to be like this... But it is the pressure of todays society that we are made to feel like this, teenage girls in particular. It is made worse by the celebrities looking all perfect and beautiful, and many girls wish to look as good as they do, i know coz im one of them. I think the media should stop and think about what this is having on ordinary people, who cant afford to use all the expensive cosmetics that the celebrities use... Im sure that if they didnt have the aid of this kind of thing they would look as ordinary as me! Most teenage girls are willing to go to drastic measures to achieve the perfect body.. they are forgetting to love themselves and it is being encouraged by the media, i think it is about time something was done about it. The number of teenage girls have eatting disorders have risen dramatically in the last 10 years, and there are some cases where they are committing suicide or suffering from eatting disorders so bad that it ends up killing them... What is ur feelings about this?
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

stupid lads. i dont like skinny girls, i like girls with a bit of..fillling not to much but a bit nothing wrong with that. sorry to hear that she has that it sucks and people get really fked up by it.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

on the some suicidal cases...it has doubled. it arent some casses it happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    stupid lads. i dont like skinny girls, i like girls with a bit of..fillling not to much but a bit nothing wrong with that. sorry to hear that she has that it sucks and people get really fked up by it.
    Thanks kwek, hopefully she will be fine soon, fingers crossed

Pinball Champion!
    I had two close friends who were bulemic, and it isn't nice at all..

One has spent a fairly large proportion of her life in hospital because of being ill, and the other had to change colleges because she fell out with everyone here.. I think she is doing well now though for herself..

I think its a far wider picture than "People are looking at me because I'm overweight".. All sorts of relationship issues can come into play. These girls had really good figures, and I didn't really acknowledge the fact they had a problem while I saw them because it seemed a bit hard to believe..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    stupid lads. i dont like skinny girls, i like girls with a bit of..fillling
    same, but if someone says something alot of girls can take it to the extreme, bulemia and depression often result.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    These girls had really good figures, and I didn't really acknowledge the fact they had a problem while I saw them because it seemed a bit hard to believe..
    funnily enough its usually the girls tha arn't overweight and have good figure who have guys telling them that and them ending up wanting to lose weight.

the overweight ones give up or something usually and end up staying overweight.

pitty people do that :-(

One of my closest friends had an eating disorder and had to go into hospital. The hospital really made her see things and she started eating again just so she could stay out of it. I didn't even realise she had a problem but apparently if she went another 48 hours without eating she would have died!!!

Anyway she quickly regained weight and was out of there within 2 weeks, my phone calls helped too

I don't know how this will help Piper but yeah....
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

it will show piper hope. thats important. just help your friend piper. only thing you can do.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    The number of teenage girls have eatting disorders have risen dramatically in the last 10 years, and there are some cases where they are committing suicide or suffering from eatting disorders so bad that it ends up killing them... What is ur feelings about this?
    Its a terrible, terrible thing. My heart goes out to these poor girls.

Isnt professional counselling much help? They do need every one to help and bring them back. Maybe a boy friend ? I dont know. Its terrible, really. I hope she gets over it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    bulimia and anorexia are two really devastating conditions. you need to support your friend, but most of all keep your patience, because (speaking from experience, here) its easy to get frustrated with someone who so blindly believes that they need to lose weight to be more attractive or whatever.

certainly, the media does hold the most responsibility for what happens to these kids, but i really think that guys' parts in this is overblown in many cases, and we come off looking bad. first of all, through the media many younger guys expect all girls to be skinny and beautiful and big-breasted and all that. also, i can not remember ever hearing a guy straight up calling a girl fat and being serious about it, often what is said as a joke is taken as serious criticism. everyone needs to be comfortable with their body, and accept that most people just arent meant to be as thin as sticks.
    its a big problem here at our school. one girl i know had to be in a wheelchair for a month or so because her knees were messed up because she was too skinny, while another girl i know is apparently infertile because of her anorexia
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    It's all about mental make-up,if you accept who you are and stop trying to change yourself for others,your life will be a much better one,both physically and mentally.Most of these girls feel inferior to the glam dolls that are given so much exposure by the media.But its a different proposition when you are overly obese,you need to lose weight but not by starving yourself or anything.Actually,in a recent study,people who are overweight but not obese stand a less chance of having a stroke or any other health problems than normal or underweight people.Obese and skinny people are at the most risk.

Most of the times,I end up cursing society for the way it is today.Hypocritical and shallow,i wonder how much worse its going to get.
    orz

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    It's all about mental make-up,if you accept who you are and stop trying to change yourself for others,your life will be a much better one,both physically and mentally.Most of these girls feel inferior to the glam dolls that are given so much exposure by the media.But its a different proposition when you are overly obese,you need to lose weight but not by starving yourself or anything.Actually,in a recent study,people who are overweight but not obese stand a less chance of having a stroke or any other health problems than normal or underweight people.Obese and skinny people are at the most risk.

Most of the times,I end up cursing society for the way it is today.Hypocritical and shallow,i wonder how much worse its going to get.
    word… why everyone needs to just accept who they are, quit trying to change that, and get on with life… now excuse me, im going to finish off my protein shake and head down to the gym for a bit before i go get my hair dyed…

Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    same, but if someone says something alot of girls can take it to the extreme, bulemia and depression often result.
    We cant help it, we have always worried about how we look... when we get told all the time that we are fat or ugly we tend to start to believe it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information