Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oasis

Oasis

man im thrilled!

10th of july im coming to england as some of you know, to stay with some friends(english)
    well at first it looked like my 1st day would be a family reunion of my mates. not really fun as you can imagine, but i just got txt that were not going to the family reunion, were going to Oasis thats like best news in days! and im soo thrilled that im going, this is gonna be my 1st concert and man will it be great !
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    man im thrilled!

10th of july im coming to england as some of you know, to stay with some friends(english)
    well at first it looked like my 1st day would be a family reunion of my mates. not really fun as you can imagine, but i just got txt that were not going to the family reunion, were going to Oasis thats like best news in days! and im soo thrilled that im going, this is gonna be my 1st concert and man will it be great !
    I hate you Tarick... absolutely hate you!

Seeing as though you are goign to be the one going.. atleast have the most fun that's humanly possible at the concert. Which is more than you can almost anywhere else! It should be a great concert. I hope you appreciate Oasis for how good they are thoguh

Anyway have fun, lots of it!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Cheers man

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I'm green with envy. I really hope they tour Australia this time.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    I'm green with envy. I really hope they tour Australia this time.
    You mean they've not toured Australia yet?There go my hopes of seeing them in India.

To Kwek,concerts are great fun,went to Joe Satriani's last night and had the time of my life,screamed my lungs hoarse.And Satriani's only instrumental,you can sing along with Oasis.Quick word of advice,do some research on their music,it can get pretty embarassing if you don't know what they're playing.
    Last edited by Agent TBY; 13-05-2005 at 10:00 PM.
    orz

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TBY
    You mean they've not toured Australia yet?There go my hopes of seeing them in India.

To Kwek,concerts are great fun,went to Joe Satriani's last night and had the time of my life,screamed my lungs hoarse.And Satriani's only instrumental,you can sing along with Oasis.Quick word of advice,do some research on their music,it can get pretty embarassing if you don't know what they're playing.
    I know pretty much every Oasis song so there would be no problem there. Oasis have been to Australia twice, 1999 for a full scale tour & 2002 for the Livid festival and some sideshows. They have announced a world tour to back the new album but no dates in Australia as yet, just American & Europe at the moment.

haha, yer mate, i went to get theyre latest album. and will search for more
    man this is soo cool

Quick word of advice,do some research on their music,it can get pretty embarassing if you don't know what they're playing.
    That's one of my major regrets when I went to see the "Three Bens" (Kweller, Lee and Folds). I was too lazy to go and hear more stuff from Lee and especially Kweller, and didn't get the chance to appreciate them when I saw them live. And I hadn't bought Folds' latest album at that stage, so I missed out on a bit of that too. And then I bought a shirt, and then I lost it. Man, if the gig wasn't so damn good, it would have been a real waste of money!!

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    Man, if the gig wasn't so damn good, it would have been a real waste of money!!
    That's exactly what i was thinking last night,I recognized all of 3 songs in the 2 hours 45 minutes that Satch played,and he announced one of them out loud.Good thing I can play the guitar,atleast i could enjoy all the tricks he had up his sleeve.

They have announced a world tour to back the new album but no dates in Australia as yet, just American & Europe at the moment.
    That's some world tour.
    Last edited by Agent TBY; 14-05-2005 at 12:18 AM.

Burger Time Champion!
    That's exactly what i was thinking last night,I recognized all of 3 songs in the 2 hours 45 minutes that Satch played,and he announced one of them out loud.Good thing I can play the guitar,atleast i could enjoy all the tricks he had up his sleeve.

That's some world tour.
    That's only the initial stages of the tour, there is more to be announced.

That's only the initial stages of the tour, there is more to be announced.
    How much more will ACTUALLY be announced is my concern.I mean,don't musicians get tired of going to the same places and catering to the same people every single time?I understand they are doing what they love,but I see greater satisfaction in making new fans.

Burger Time Champion!
    How much more will ACTUALLY be announced is my concern.I mean,don't musicians get tired of going to the same places and catering to the same people every single time?I understand they are doing what they love,but I see greater satisfaction in making new fans.
    You have to go where the money is in this day and age. America & Europe are the big makers. I saw an interview with Noel Gallagher and he said they planned to go to Southern America and Asia, so I'm hoping (and assuming) they will be coming to Australia & maybe New Zealand.

You have to go where the money is in this day and age. America & Europe are the big makers.
    True,but its not like you don't earn any money by going somewhere else.Crowd turnout is not dependant on how famous you are there,it depends on your talent and shrewd marketing.I can assure you that less than 5 people in every 100 in URBAN India knows about Joe Satriani and appreciates his music,and im being generous.Yet,the turnout was amazing,and I'm sure both Satch and the Event management company are laughing their way to the bank.

I will never forget the tag lines used in the concert's marketing :

"Angels can keep their harps,God plays the guitar."

My point is,you can make a profit anywhere,its just a question of ignoring the degrees.Its true we cannot shell out 30-40 pounds to watch a concert[i paid barely 7],but you will surely make a profit.If only people would stop looking at the AMOUNT of profit,they would have a helluva lot more fans in a helluva lot more places.

Having said that,Iron Maiden....India.....2006.... .....

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    haha, yer mate, i went to get theyre latest album. and will search for more
    man this is soo cool
    The 1st 2 are the best IMO.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    The 1st 2 are the best IMO.
    Would have thought you'd struggle to find many people disagreeing...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information