Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Respectofactor.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity

Icon4 The Respectofactor.

Since my great debut into the forums all those months ago in the summer of 2004 it has come to my attention that many of the members here although i will name no names place great emphasis on the amount of respect that is commanded by other members of the forum before they form their response to a comment made. This concept is very hard to grasp by one such as myself and many others here i know feel the same. The fact that you have to earn respect seems a bit alien to me, i am a firm believer in the philosophy that if you make good points then you shall be respected as much as any other poster. The matter of fact is that to me whether you have 6 posts or 6000 is simply irrelevant providing that you are making valid points and contributing to discussion well.

But since the concept of respect is held in high regards by so many here, i invite those members to come forward and define what they see as being sufficient activity to earn theyre so called respect, if they could kindly produce an ordered list of those they rank in having the greatest amount of respect i would be most satisified as i think the idea of earning the respect is a very dubious and silly concept. In principle it may be a valid idea, but on something such as a forum it just seems to be a very iffy idea.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    1) every one else
    last) sledger
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

the fact that you actually attempted it lowers my opinion of you even further.

well someone's had a bad day today...
    all bow to the little master

Honoured member of KKAS

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    *scholar mode*

The most important thing is to respect yourself. If a person has that and does not have insecurities about himself, I believe he will not go to seek the respect of others.

But there is another thing called living in a community. In that aspect we have to know how to deal with people in an amiable, pleasant manner. For example, if I do not agree with a specific point a person is making, we say it like 'I do not believe the same as you because of x,y,z reasons' rather than saying 'you are wrong. hahahaha you do not have any brains.'

When we deal with people in a pleasant manner, respect from most will come. It may not from some quarters as its impossible that every one is pleased. But an important aspect is to maintain pleasantness be it in a forum, a family or society at large.

*scholar mode off*

agreed, respect for oneself and others is important, but the fact that you have to earn respect for your points to be considered is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    agreed, respect for oneself and others is important, but the fact that you have to earn respect for your points to be considered is silly.
    Have you got a particular instance in mind? It seems like one or more posters has jarred you off.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

U19 Vice-Captain
    I do think that some people have the sort of atitude sledger referd too

Quote Originally Posted by kendall
    I do think that some people have the sort of atitude sledger referd too
    What do you know? You've only made 207 posts!!

Note: irony

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Well to be fair sledger you didn't have the most inauspicious entrance to CW, so its obvious people would be a bit off with you. Since you've stopped playing the fool so much, people have been more receptive to your posts
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

lol clever humour,

it was a few instances in one of Behlols threads that irritated me, somewhat said that he hadnt earnt enough respect to be given any notice which i thought was just farcical.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Another aspect is that people should focus on themselves rather than analysing other people. If every one tries to remove their flaws the world would be a better place.

Also, the majority dont take faults adressed about them cosntructively even if its meant with the noblest of purposes, which further makes the exercise futile.

Quote Originally Posted by superkingdave
    Well to be fair sledger you didn't have the most inauspicious entrance to CW, so its obvious people would be a bit off with you. Since you've stopped playing the fool so much, people have been more receptive to your posts
    no i accpet that, any lack of respect i probably deserve although my behaviour for a long while now has been immaculate, its not how im treated.

see the above exmaple of Behlol.

U19 Vice-Captain
    i think the only one that botherd me was the one about the standard of threads from new members

precisely, thats the exact kind of thing that conrtibutes to this sort of silly debacle.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information