Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Evil Person To Have Lived?

Most Evil Person To Have Lived?

Hey all,

I was watching a programme last night on BBC 4 and it was a lecture by Sir Ian Kershaw about Hitler and what place in history he holds. Yesterday was the 60th Anniversary of Hitlers suicide for those people who didn't know.

The lecture was brilliant, I have always loved history and Kershaw is the considered the man when it comes to Hitler. Watching the programme and listening to people debate Hitlers place in history got me thinking about who the most evil person to have ever walked on earth was. Was it Hitler, or was it perhaps someone else?

I am interested to hear my fellow Cricket Web members opinions on this matter. For me, I am unsure on who the most evil person ever is.

I am an atheist. The only evidence I see that would validate the claim of a god, is Hitler. What is good without evil? In truth, there cannot be a such thing as bliss if there is not torment on the other end of the spectrum to compare it with. In Earth terms, Hitler was absolute evil. Why do I say this? Because only a creature such as Hitler could fulfill inflicting the maximum havoc upon humanity. Sure, there are other cannibals, who if they had the power could bring the apocylaptic pain, but they would be far too insane for the people to ever grant them power.

Hitler was a genius. The greatest speaker, without a doubt, of all time. He managed to brainwash millions of people with the mere sound of his voice. He made caring men, like me or you, into his jackals. There's not one other person throughout history who could manage that.

That is my view anyway. There's no doubt that was an evil, evil man. But I think in many ways he was a genius as well.

So, who, in your own opinion was/is the most evil person to have lived? I would ask people to consider a whole spectrum of people. Like Mao, with almost 100 million deaths to his name. Or Stalin, or Saddam Hussein.

Please discuss,

Regards,
    Lee
    PommieMacGill.

“Everyday life is only an illusion behind which lies the reality of dreams." - Werner Herzog

Friedrich Nietzsche | Werner Herzog | Joy Division | Ludovico Einaudi | History | Peep Show

Pinball Champion!
    Pol Pot must be up top for me..

Followed by Robert Mugabe, Adolph Hitler and Josef Stalin
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Dr Evil, surely?

marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    indeed Hitler was a genius, unfortunatley some awful ideas as well, but the way in which he got the whole country behind him and the efficiency inwhich they ran it during the war was brilliant
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Breakout Champion!

Do we have evil members?

http://home.att.net/~slugbutter/evil/

Googled it (image), nothing serious though, maily joke pictures of GWB, or pictures or Dr Evil or Emperor Palpatine...

CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar

hehe andy, im more evil than you...

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman

hehe andy, im more evil than you...
    oh... Who'd have guessed that?!

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Along with those already mentioned, General Pinochet would have to be very close to the top. The think that makes Hitler and Goebbels and so on more horrifying than the likes of Stalin is the methods by which he went about killing people, and the considered and heartless way he discussed it. Stalin killed people to maintain political power, which is evil, Hitler killed people because he wanted them dead (one race and other minority groups at least), which is worse, in my view, and is also why he is generally thought of as being a worse person even though Stalin is probably responsible for more deaths.

The methods and insane logic by which Pinochet had people executed put him in a similar category for me.

As an example, there was a folk singer who made mildly anti-authoritarian songs at the time in Chile, named Victor Jara. He performed at the famous "Concert for Allende" at the Stadium of Chile, before Pinochet gained power. Later, Pinochet had him arrested for dissent, and he was taken to the same Stadium in front of a crowd (who I believe were there for a football game). He was brutally beaten beforehand and came out into the stadium at gunpoint and barely able to stand. He was taken to the middle of the stadium, and his hands were smashed with a rifle butt until they were broken in many places, and he was forced to pathetically attempt to play his guitar and sing his most famous song while the guards taunted him. As he attempted to sing it they continued to beat him, and then after a couple of minutes he was shot in front of the crowd, and taken to a mass grave.

For me, that kind of evil outstrips the sorts of things done by most political leaders, even horrible ones like Stalin.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    oh... Who'd have guessed that?!
    tbh im disapointed only to be considered neutral...

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Well I'm not dead yet, but give me fifty years. I'll make you all proud.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Quote Originally Posted by PommieMacGill
    Hey all,

I was watching a programme last night on BBC 4 and it was a lecture by Sir Ian Kershaw about Hitler and what place in history he holds. Yesterday was the 60th Anniversary of Hitlers suicide for those people who didn't know.

The lecture was brilliant, I have always loved history and Kershaw is the considered the man when it comes to Hitler. Watching the programme and listening to people debate Hitlers place in history got me thinking about who the most evil person to have ever walked on earth was. Was it Hitler, or was it perhaps someone else?

I am interested to hear my fellow Cricket Web members opinions on this matter. For me, I am unsure on who the most evil person ever is.

I am an atheist. The only evidence I see that would validate the claim of a god, is Hitler. What is good without evil? In truth, there cannot be a such thing as bliss if there is not torment on the other end of the spectrum to compare it with. In Earth terms, Hitler was absolute evil. Why do I say this? Because only a creature such as Hitler could fulfill inflicting the maximum havoc upon humanity. Sure, there are other cannibals, who if they had the power could bring the apocylaptic pain, but they would be far too insane for the people to ever grant them power.

Hitler was a genius. The greatest speaker, without a doubt, of all time. He managed to brainwash millions of people with the mere sound of his voice. He made caring men, like me or you, into his jackals. There's not one other person throughout history who could manage that.

That is my view anyway. There's no doubt that was an evil, evil man. But I think in many ways he was a genius as well.

So, who, in your own opinion was/is the most evil person to have lived? I would ask people to consider a whole spectrum of people. Like Mao, with almost 100 million deaths to his name. Or Stalin, or Saddam Hussein.

Please discuss,

Regards,
    Lee
    not quite sure if hitler alone just "brainwashed" the germans into ww 2...i would say a large proportion of the germans of that generation believed the same things that hitler did, hitler just showed them the way to act out their hatred....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information