Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laws against stalking

Laws against stalking

Watching this movie Cape Fear. Its about De Niro stalking a family (very brief plot outline)

I would like to know specifically the anti stalking laws in your countries.

Cheers.

Breakout Champion!
    I wouldn't know about our stalking laws

...honest!!!!!!

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    well im pretty sure that its not allowed if thats any help

Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    well im pretty sure that its not allowed if thats any help
    ever the useful one sledger
    all bow to the little master

Honoured member of KKAS

i am correct am i not ?

well yes, but not exactly detailed in ur answer, i mean i'm guessing everyone already knew that...

i wouldnt put my mortgage on it.....psxpro wouldnt have a clue the fool

well he doesnt count, he's not a normal human being...

neither is he a part of this community any more

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    I would like to know specifically the anti stalking laws in your countries.

Cheers.
    Why? What do you have planned?

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    In Australia you have to get a 'stalking licence'. The application is a lengthy, drawn out process involving both a thoery and practical section. It's really all about safe stalking.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco
    In Australia you have to get a 'stalking licence'. The application is a lengthy, drawn out process involving both a thoery and practical section. It's really all about safe stalking.
    We have night classes for that over here. Safety goggles are provided as part of course costs in case you lean too hard on a window while peering at a woman getting changed, and the window gives way.

Trenchcoats can be bought at the end of the course, along with a tape on a continual loop with such messages as "But we were so good together", "You need me - we need each other" and "I will not let anyone, I repeat, anyone near you ever again". These can be used to prompt you when talking to your lucky ''victim'' on your untraceable phone.

I think the night classes just get you a certificate, but you can enrol in a year-long diploma course if you want to take your stalking career further.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    We have night classes for that over here. Safety goggles are provided as part of course costs in case you lean too hard on a window while peering at a woman getting changed, and the window gives way.

Trenchcoats can be bought at the end of the course, along with a tape on a continual loop with such messages as "But we were so good together", "You need me - we need each other" and "I will not let anyone, I repeat, anyone near you ever again". These can be used to prompt you when talking to your lucky ''victim'' on your untraceable phone.

I think the night classes just get you a certificate, but you can enrol in a year-long diploma course if you want to take your stalking career further.
    hahaha

Here to gain a stalking licence you have to prove that you can weave your stalking habits into everyday life.

We have a whole menagerie of skills the stalker must learn, from cooking classes (fortune cookies with messages of undying love inside), metalwork (make your own periscope...or for the more extreme stalker - sight), fashion (sow a stalking outfit that will knock your intended victim's socks off), stalking history (titled 'Stalking Through The Ages' - "he's making a list, and checking it twice" sound familiar?), telephone manner and anti-social skills...just to name a few.

The practical test involves falling in love with, and then successfully stalking, your instructor over a period of two weeks. Initially you're expected to go undetected, if you don't have a restraining order taken out against you within two weeks however, you fail.

The diploma comes complete with a list of possible targets as identified by you during the course itself.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Well since you guys are providing the humour, I'll provide the serious stuff (since it's work-related to the SA Police network monkeys monitoring my work station).

From the Australasian Legal Information Institute's site;

The criminal offence of stalking:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/s...262/s19aa.html

CRIMINAL LAW CONSOLIDATION ACT 1935 - SECT 19AA
    19AA—Unlawful stalking

(1) A person stalks another if—

(a) on at least two separate occasions, the person—

(i) follows the other person; or

(ii) loiters outside the place of residence of the other person or some other place frequented by the other person; or

(iii) enters or interferes with property in the possession of the other person; or

(iv) gives or sends offensive material to the other person, or leaves offensive material where it will be found by, given to or brought to the attention of the other person; or

(iva) publishes or transmits offensive material by means of the internet or some other form of electronic communication in such a way that the offensive material will be found by, or brought to the attention of, the other person; or

(ivb) communicates with the other person, or to others about the other person, by way of mail, telephone (including associated technology), facsimile transmission or the internet or some other form of electronic communication in a manner that could reasonably be expected to arouse apprehension or fear in the other person; or

(v) keeps the other person under surveillance; or

(vi) acts in any other way that could reasonably be expected to arouse the other person's apprehension or fear; and

(b) the person—

(i) intends to cause serious physical or mental harm to the other person or a third person; or

(ii) intends to cause serious apprehension or fear.

(2) A person who stalks another is guilty of an offence.

Penalty:

(a) if—

(i) the offender's conduct contravened an injunction or an order imposed by a court (either under a law of the State or the Commonwealth); or

(ii) the offender was, on any occasion to which the charge relates, in possession of an offensive weapon,

imprisonment for not more than 5 years;

(b) in any other case—imprisonment for not more than 3 years.

(3) A person who is charged with stalking is (subject to any exclusion in the instrument of charge) to be taken to have been charged in the alternative with offensive behaviour 1 so that if the court is not satisfied that the charge of stalking has been established but is satisfied that the charge of offensive behaviour has been established, the court may convict the person of offensive behaviour.

(4) A person who has been acquitted or convicted on a charge of stalking may not be convicted of another offence arising out of the same set of circumstances and involving a physical element that is common to that charge.

(5) A person who has been acquitted or convicted on a charge of an offence other than stalking may not be convicted of stalking if the charge of stalking arises out of the same set of circumstances and involves a physical element that is common to the charge of that other offence.

(6) For the purposes of this section, the circumstances of a dealing with material may be taken into account in determining whether the material was offensive material but, if material was inherently offensive material, the circumstances of a dealing with the material cannot be taken to have deprived it of that character.

Note—

1 See section 7 of the Summary Offences Act 1953 .

And for completeness, section 7 of the SOA 1953:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/s...953189/s7.html

SUMMARY OFFENCES ACT 1953 - SECT 7
    7—Disorderly or offensive conduct or language

(1) A person who, in a public place or a police station—

(a) behaves in a disorderly or offensive manner; or

(b) fights with another person; or

(c) uses offensive language,

is guilty of an offence.

Maximum penalty: $1 250 or imprisonment for 3 months.

(2) A person who disturbs the public peace is guilty of an offence.

Maximum penalty: $1 250 or imprisonment for 3 months.

(3) In this section—

"disorderly" includes riotous;

"offensive" includes threatening, abusive or insulting;

"public place" includes, in addition to the places mentioned in section 4—

(a) a ship or vessel (not being a naval ship or vessel) in a harbor, port, dock or river;

(b) premises or a part of premises in respect of which a licence is in force under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997 .

Here's the link to the institute; all Australian laws and regulations are there:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Yeah...that's what I meant!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information