Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: What religion are you?

Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    my opinion on praying separatley is that it should be up to the individual, if he thinks thatwomen praying near him would eb a distraction than he should pray separtatley. howeverif women already have to wear fully covering clothing so they dont distract the men perhaps the men could try a little harder.

for me personally, being a christian, i pray with women/ girls all the time and dont get distracted - its always very encouraging to pray with other people, male or female.

Surely its human nature to be attracted to the opposite sex in varying degrees. Men and Women cannot pray together because;
    1. They woould distract each other, and dont tell me you wouldnt be distracted because thats just being avaricous - just a sniff of her perfurme, her eyes, her feet, her hands could raise any sort of though in your minds which , directly oppose the aim of a prayer- all cocentration on God.
    2. Women's privacy is highly protected in Islam, if women prayed with men regularly, and then suddenly did not come for a week, the men would know she probaly had periods (In Islam women are not allowed to pray during their periods), only her husband and family can know that information.

There are other reasons i cant remember.
    Form is temporary, class is permanent.

my opinion on praying separatley is that it should be up to the individual, if he thinks thatwomen praying near him would eb a distraction than he should pray separtatley.
    Comeon, how many people u reckon are going to do that, if they really feel distracted? Someone abit mature might do not the younger lot.

howeverif women already have to wear fully covering clothing so they dont distract the men perhaps the men could try a little harder.
    They obviously should, but theres not a 100% certainty on such circumstances. And i wouldnt go by something which i am unsure if it will work, when knowing i am performing one of the most important things.

for me personally, being a christian, i pray with women/ girls all the time and dont get distracted
    Well thats good for you. but u might have noticed not everyone is able to do that!!!!
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

> > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    Surely its human nature to be attracted to the opposite sex in varying degrees. Men and Women cannot pray together because;
    1. They woould distract each other, and dont tell me you wouldnt be distracted because thats just being avaricous - just a sniff of her perfurme, her eyes, her feet, her hands could raise any sort of though in your minds which , directly oppose the aim of a prayer- all cocentration on God.
    2. Women's privacy is highly protected in Islam, if women prayed with men regularly, and then suddenly did not come for a week, the men would know she probaly had periods (In Islam women are not allowed to pray during their periods), only her husband and family can know that information.

There are other reasons i cant remember.
    Quite agree with u on those points.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I didn't know you aren't meant to pray during a period. What's the reasoning behind that?
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    I didn't know you aren't meant to pray during a period. What's the reasoning behind that?
    I dotnm think he meant they arent allowed to pray during their periods. They just wouldnt have to visit the mosque if its discomforting.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Women r allowed to pray during the periods but intercourse is not allowed.

Nowhere in the Quran does it say that women cannot fast, pray, or worship in any other way during their menstruation.Islam doesn't stop women from praying during the periods.But as far as intercourse during this period is concerned,if you ask any doctor, Muslim or not, about having intercourse during this period, he or she will tell you that it's harmful for both the man and the woman.

For those who have any doubts,I suggest to visit the link which I've inserted in my post.
    Last edited by Shoaib; 23-10-2005 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoaib
    Women r allowed to pray during the periods but intercourse is not allowed.

Nowhere in the Quran does it say that women cannot fast, pray, or worship in any other way during their menstruation.Islam doesn't stop women from praying buring the periods.But as far as intercourse during this period is concerned,if you ask any doctor, Muslim or not, about having intercourse during this period, he or she will tell you that it's harmful for both the man and the woman.

For those who have any doubts,I suggest to visit the link which I've inserted in my post.
    Yeah okay then, it did seem a bit weird. But having sex during a period is not dangerous, seeing as how the discharge is coming from the uterus, which the penis can physically not reach because of the cervix blocking it off and all. That's what you get for listening in health class It does increase the risk of STD's, but in a marriage that doesn't matter.
    Last edited by andyc; 23-10-2005 at 02:00 AM.

Yeah okay then, it did seem a bit weird. But having sex during a period is not dangerous, seeing as how the discharge is coming from the uterus, which the penis can physically not reach because of the cervix blocking it off and all. That's what you get for listening in health class It does increase the risk of STD's, but in a marriage that doesn't matter.
    I don't get that last bit, that may be because of me not listening in Sex Ed. or just generally being bad at remembering.... erm, stuff, but why doesn't it matter in marriages?
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999
    I don't get that last bit, that may be because of me not listening in Sex Ed. or just generally being bad at remembering.... erm, stuff, but why doesn't it matter in marriages?
    Well, if you enter into a marriage knowing you're both STD-free, then you can have unprotected sex all you want and you won't get an STD, providing one of the couple isn't sleeping around

They're called STI's now (sexually transmitted infections). Too many were getting confused between sex and dialling long-distance

Well, if you enter into a marriage knowing you're both STD-free, then you can have unprotected sex all you want and you won't get an STD, providing one of the couple isn't sleeping around
    Damn it, I thought the answer was "Who gives a **** about dieing when you're in an arranged marridge"

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I reckon that`s a particularly mad thing. Sex in marraige where you know your partner has been and will be loyal. I don`t think you can beat that (though chocolate-chip ice cream is REALLY good).
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread Information