Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zoolander Tragics Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar

The Zoolander Tragics Thread

This is a testimonial to my addiction and said addiction is to the film Zoolander.

I'm one of those people who refuses to see Hollywood blockbusters because they're devoid of acting talent, story, writing, consistency, etc. I'm a total movie snob who watches arthouse films at the cinema, doesn't watch popular TV (no, not even Big Brother, Australian Idol or X-Factor) and listens to non-popular music.

But dammit, I fricken' loved this film. It was done entirely straight (as any parody should) and had so many fashion in-jokes and quite biting fashion industry critiques. I found it uterly hilarious and I've watched it a few times. Still I'm not sick of it..........

So here it is, here's a thread for the Zoolander tragics amongst us. Come on brothers and sisters, show your faces and admit to yourselves and others that it's simply not enough to be "really, really, incredibly GOOD looking". Even if you end up injured after a freak gasoline-fight accident, attend the 'Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Don't Read Good', are currently sandwiched between two Finnish Dwarves and a Maori tribesman or designed the Piano-Key Necktie, don't be embarrassed.

Now I have to go work on 'Magnum'.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I so could have written that post. If I showed that to my friends and family, they would`ve said I wrote it. Just not worded anywhere near as well!

So... a tragic in myself is here. Love me for who I am!
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I'm not going to lie to the masses. Zoolander is one of the funniest movies I have seen. It's not one of those cerebral comedies, but it is one of those LOL comedies. I love that movie. I aspire to some day be really really, really, ridiculously good-looking.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    You can read minds?

Orange Mocha Frappuccino!

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    This is a testimonial to my addiction and said addiction is to the film Zoolander.

I'm one of those people who refuses to see Hollywood blockbusters because they're devoid of acting talent, story, writing, consistency, etc. I'm a total movie snob who watches arthouse films at the cinema, doesn't watch popular TV (no, not even Big Brother, Australian Idol or X-Factor) and listens to non-popular music.

But dammit, I fricken' loved this film. It was done entirely straight (as any parody should) and had so many fashion in-jokes and quite biting fashion industry critiques. I found it uterly hilarious and I've watched it a few times. Still I'm not sick of it..........

So here it is, here's a thread for the Zoolander tragics amongst us. Come on brothers and sisters, show your faces and admit to yourselves and others that it's simply not enough to be "really, really, incredibly GOOD looking". Even if you end up injured after a freak gasoline-fight accident, attend the 'Derek Zoolander School for Kids Who Don't Read Good', are currently sandwiched between two Finnish Dwarves and a Maori tribesman or designed the Piano-Key Necktie, don't be embarrassed.

Now I have to go work on 'Magnum'.

HAHAH!!! Yes!!! I agree with you 100%! It infact got soo addictive, I used to go to friends houses simply because they had Zoolander. Now I've got it on computer, and I always just slip quotes from it into conversations...

"Oh, I thought you were going to tell me what a bad eugoogalizer I was!"

Zoolander Appreciation Society
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Robertinho
    HAHAH!!! Yes!!! I agree with you 100%! It infact got soo addictive, I used to go to friends houses simply because they had Zoolander. Now I've got it on computer, and I always just slip quotes from it into conversations...

"Oh, I thought you were going to tell me what a bad eugoogalizer I was!"

Zoolander Appreciation Society
    Death March! I`ll assume you bought it though, the Rob I know doesn`t steal. The only 'steal' he knows is Blue steel!

Are you sure it's not in the computer?

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    that scene at the start when zoolander and his modelling buddies were at the petrol station. roffles and woffles all over tha joint
    "Matt Damon"

International Vice-Captain SupaFreak2005's Avatar
    Mer-man! Mer-man!

Of course I bought it!

"What would you say is your trademark?"
    "Well I guess the look I'm best known for is Blue Steel."
    "What's that look like?"

"It's impressive..."
    "And then there's Ferrari, and Le Tigra. Le Tigra's alot softer, it's a little bit more of a.. catalogue look. I use it for footwear sometimes."
    "Can I see that?"

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    "I'd really like to continue talking about this conversation but I have to go pee."

"That Hansel is SO hot right now....."

Ben Stiller is one ugly son of a gun. Zoolander, however, is a sex-symbol the likes of which will never be seen again.

"I wasn't like every kid, you know, who dreams about being an astronaut. I was always more interested in what bark was made out of on trees... Richard Gere's a real hero of mine. Sting, Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music that he's created over the years... I don't really listen to it, but the fact that's made it, I respect that."

They were like brothers to me. Not like real brothers, but brothers in the way black people say it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information