Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: conservative election tactics

  1. #1
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    kingsclere
    Posts
    575

    conservative election tactics

    I hope i am not the only person who has not been fooled by michael howard and his australian friends election campeighn. His pathetic popularist campeign pandering too small minded individuals unfortunatly seems to have made some impact. As for his policy on cutting 35 billion pounds from public spending and yet somehow increasing funding in hopsitals and schools is simply obsurd. He streches reality even further with his of shore detention centres for asylum seekers whare will this be exactly mr howard? with the news today that infact the torries plan to cut even more than the 35 billion pledged i do hope the British people keep howard and his party whare they belong no whare near government.

  2. #2
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,462
    Quote Originally Posted by kendall
    I hope i am not the only person who has not been fooled by michael howard and his australian friends election campeighn. His pathetic popularist campeign pandering too small minded individuals unfortunatly seems to have made some impact. As for his policy on cutting 35 billion pounds from public spending and yet somehow increasing funding in hopsitals and schools is simply obsurd. He streches reality even further with his of shore detention centres for asylum seekers whare will this be exactly mr howard? with the news today that infact the torries plan to cut even more than the 35 billion pledged i do hope the British people keep howard and his party whare they belong no whare near government.
    howard and his anti gypsie brigade should be kept as far from downing street as possible, i would prefer to see a return of thatcher than this crap get into government. off shore detention centres is a terrible idea. where the hell can they possibly be built? ?

    jumping on band wagons ? methinks yes, keep those crooks out of office i say, have them all put in belmarsh

  3. #3
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,736
    Far too many holes in your post but I agree with your sentiments.

    I really don't know who to vote for this election (which will be my first).
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

    - Stephen Currie

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

  4. #4
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,462
    Quote Originally Posted by PY
    Far too many holes in your post but I agree with your sentiments.

    I really don't know who to vote for this election (which will be my first).
    go for lib dem, or vote labour just to keep ou the tories, as long as they dont get in there will not be a bad result to this election.


  5. #5
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    kingsclere
    Posts
    575
    there are certainly a lack of decent options. I fell the lib dems have the best policies and would vote for them although they have no chance in winning. It seems the best we can hope for is another 5 years of an average labour administration who have atleat handeled the econemy well hopefully with brown taking over as pm

  6. #6
    No wonder England (in particular) is doomed with braindead simpletons like *some* of the above voting. All the usual nonsense is drummed out like Blairite sheep, 'jumping on bandwagons' - yea I forgot politicians are supposed to be as unpopular as possible aren't they?

    The Conservatives aren't great either but I doubt anyone could do worse than Teflon Blair, who's basically a Conservative but with huge tax burdens and a nanny/big brother element thrown in. Also as far as the economy goes it takes a good 5 years before a government begins to truly influence it - watch as it goes down the toilet but the usual dodgy statistics are thrown about over the next few years.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:


    MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

  7. #7
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    No wonder England (in particular) is doomed with braindead simpletons like *some* of the above voting. All the usual nonsense is drummed out like Blairite sheep, 'jumping on bandwagons' - yea I forgot politicians are supposed to be as unpopular as possible aren't they?

    The Conservatives aren't great either but I doubt anyone could do worse than Teflon Blair, who's basically a Conservative but with huge tax burdens and a nanny/big brother element thrown in. Also as far as the economy goes it takes a good 5 years before a government begins to truly influence it - watch as it goes down the toilet but the usual dodgy statistics are thrown about over the next few years.
    you seriously think howard and his goon squad would do better than blair? i am in no way a blair supporter, not even a labour supporter essentially, can you not see that the tories are dire and the worst possible alternative to the current government, they would make a complete mess of the country with their stupid policies, christ you are from the north of england, how the hell can you back the dirty tories like that ?

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member age_master's Avatar
    Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    15,777
    what does this guy have to do with Australia?
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

  9. #9
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,736
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    what does this guy have to do with Australia?
    He shares a name with your PM I reckon.

    A tenuous link if ever I saw one.

  10. #10
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,462
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    what does this guy have to do with Australia?
    sssssssh , british politics, although he wants to be build detention centres for illegals on the aussie mainland.

  11. #11
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    kingsclere
    Posts
    575
    howard has brought in the man who ran john howards successful campeigns in Australia to run the conservative campeighn. he is repsonsible for lots of the popularist drivel that has come out of mr howard recently

  12. #12
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    C A D E N C E
    Posts
    31,462
    Quote Originally Posted by kendall
    howard has brought in the man who ran john howards successful campeigns in Australia to run the conservative campeighn. he is repsonsible for lots of the popularist drivel that has come out of mr howard recently
    should be deported or detained in a high security facility, those people have no place in decent society, stupid tories, they can all sleep in the flames of the fascist flag in my opinion, (not including ken clarke, george young or boris johnson, anne widdecomb on the other hand shoud be burned alive along with maggie thatcher)

  13. #13
    U19 Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    kingsclere
    Posts
    575
    surley under howards policy of restricting imagrents if he won the election for them he would have to be deported but then he doesnt have the wrong colour skin does he

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger
    you seriously think howard and his goon squad would do better than blair? i am in no way a blair supporter, not even a labour supporter essentially, can you not see that the tories are dire and the worst possible alternative to the current government, they would make a complete mess of the country with their stupid policies, christ you are from the north of england, how the hell can you back the dirty tories like that ?
    The Tories got this country back on its feet in the 80s and early 90s after the utter mess Labour had left it in after only one term. The thing with the Conservatives is that at least there is far less mucking around in peoples lives. If you're in work you at least get the advantages of it and you can actually spend the money yourself rather than have most of it taxed away by Labour. Everything is faffed around with by Labour to an unhealthy degree - all the extra red tape is typical of their style. They inherited one of the strongest British/English economies in decades and not improved anything really - crime is worse, education and health are no better and that's with far more money spent than previously. I just do not see any reason why anyone would vote for them AGAIN - they've no redeeming features whatsoever.

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    DRS Box
    Posts
    18,897
    I work in the civil service and i can see how much waste there is, how many people aren't pulling their weight and skiving off on sickies all the time, how many people that aren't fit to do the jobs they are given but it massages Tony's unemployment statistics.
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 15-07-2006, 03:19 PM
  2. Soth Africa's boring tactics
    By ReallyCrazy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 05:46 PM
  3. CW Election ;)
    By Jamee999 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 18-11-2004, 01:16 PM
  4. Australia Votes - Election 2004 Thread
    By masterblaster in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 355
    Last Post: 14-10-2004, 09:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •