30. You may not vote on this poll
  • God

10 33.33%
  • Git

20 66.67%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Williams: Git or God?

Robbie Williams: Git or God?

I've been compelled to start this thread by the wrong-headed loving of the world class head-of-the-d*ck that is Robbie Williams by some of our otherwise seemingly sane Australian posters.

To name & shame: yes I mean you Mr Casson & Mr Wright!

I don't get it. Williams, to me, is a fat, talentless tw@t of the first water. The "bad boy of pop"? Well, if by bad you mean ball-achingly ar$e, then yes! If I ever see another one of his would-be cool videos with that ever-punchable smirk on his pudgy mush I'll be obliged to tear off my arm just so I have something to hurl at the telly. I can actually feel my IQ being lowered when I hear his pub-singer bark.

He's the ultimate triumph of the self-aggrandising mediocrity made good. In an alternate universe he's the Butlin's redcoat he was obviously meant to be. It makes me wanna vomit when I think of all the quality bands scrabbling about for a living on the fringes of the music business & there's Williams in his gold-plated Mansion with hot-and-cold running fellatio.

And don't get me started on his "rap" in that abortion he did with Kylie......

But I'm a fair man. Am I wrong? Is he a genius & I'm just a bitter old deluded fool? Your votes please....
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    I've been compelled to start this thread by the wrong-headed loving of the world class head-of-the-d*ck that is Robbie Williams by some of our otherwise seemingly sane Australian posters.

To name & shame: yes I mean you Mr Casson & Mr Wright!

I don't get it. Williams, to me, is a fat, talentless tw@t of the first water. The "bad boy of pop"? Well, if by bad you mean ball-achingly ar$e, then yes! If I ever see another one of his would-be cool videos with that ever-punchable smirk on his pudgy mush I'll be obliged to tear off my arm just so I have something to hurl at the telly. I can actually feel my IQ being lowered when I hear his pub-singer bark.

He's the ultimate triumph of the self-aggrandising mediocrity made good. In an alternate universe he's the Butlin's redcoat he was obviously meant to be. It makes me wanna vomit when I think of all the quality bands scrabbling about for a living on the fringes of the music business & there's Williams in his gold-plated Mansion with hot-and-cold running fellatio.

And don't get me started on his "rap" in that abortion he did with Kylie......

But I'm a fair man. Am I wrong? Is he a genius & I'm just a bitter old deluded fool? Your votes please....
    Hoy! Lay off fella! In no ways am I saying Robbie Williams is a genious nor am I saying that I love his music. I have never bought a Robbie Williams record or even a single. I will admit I find 3 or 4 songs catchy and don't mind having the odd dance or sing-along.

What I respect about Robbie Williams is his ability to put on a live show, work a crowd and no matter what you think of him he is a very good singer.

I have the same opinion of Kylie, I have never bought a song of hers, although 1 song is on a triple J compilation I bought. But she has some very good songs, is very hot and puts on a very good show. However, if I try listening to one of her albums, I almost throw up.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Pinball Champion!
    He's got charisma.. I don't particularly like the guy, but I'd shake his hand. And he's released some okay music..

To be honest, as far as talentless hangers onners go.. The very type who are killing the music industry.. You could do far, far worse than Robbie..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Utterly, breathtakingly, stupidly talentless loser of the highest order. Ruptures the very fabric of space and time with the sheer overpowering force of his mediocrity.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    Utterly, breathtakingly, stupidly talentless loser of the highest order. Ruptures the very fabric of space and time with the sheer overpowering force of his mediocrity.

At least he doesn't give you a headache like System of A Down or Tool.

Pinball Champion!
    At least he can hold a note..

In todays pop world, you have to be thankful for every little mediocre thing.. Such is the mindless drub that is most of todays released music..

Why don't you go and pick on a proper talentless oik, like Beyonce Knowles or Ashlee Simpson?

At least he doesn't give you a headache like System of A Down or Tool.

You just picked my two favourite bands of the moment.

At least he can hold a note..
    Technically speaking, Robbie's voice is vastly inferior to Beyonce's and Simpson's. Everything they both have (power, diaphragm control, vibrato) he barely has at all. As far as singing ability goes, both of them put him in the shade.

Quality of songs? Well they all suck for mine but then there's probably one popular song a year which holds my interest for more than two seconds so I'm probably a smidge biased..

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Why don't you go and pick on a proper talentless oik, like Beyonce Knowles or Ashlee Simpson?
    Oh pur-lease!

Beyonce has more talent & soul in the crack of her substantial ar$e than Williams has in that flabby body of his.

As loathe as I am to agree with the septics, they correctly regard him as the talentless no-mark he obviously is!

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Ashlee Simpson maybe, but Beyonce is extremely talented.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Beyoncé can sing, but she's not EXTREMELY talented. For one, she was not worthy of performing with Andrew Lloyd Webber. She's a'ight.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

You vastly overestimate the talent of Andrew Lloyd Webber..........

You vastly overestimate the talent of Andrew Lloyd Webber..........
    You're quite the antagonist ey? Andrew Lloyd Webber is a musical genius. Beyoncé is not.

You truly believe Beyoncé is in the same league of musical expertise?

No but calling ALW a musical genius is 'interesting'. I wouldn't. I find his compositions to be be somewhat trite and his style is 'pop opera'. That's fine, that's what he was aiming for, but a musical genius he ain't in my book.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Gitmobile of the century.
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

The genius is clear in Phantom of the Opera alone. Then consider Cats, Evita, Jesus Christ Superstar etc. etc.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information