Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Privacy!!!

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar

Privacy!!!

I was just watching Enemy of the State... It's a great show...

But anyway it made me think about a lot of things! Will Smith's whole life is bugged and the authorities can just look at a surveillance tape of someone and they have so much data compiled they can identify a person...

Anyways it's becoming more and more obvious that the authorities know more and more about individuals...

Is this a good thing? are you happy they can track u down, can find out anything about you?
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    depends how much you value your privacy, it may end up preventing terrorist attacks and such, catch crims?
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    fantastic film that.
    "Matt Damon"

Banned
    BIG BROTHER SYNDROME

Privacy is invaded for sure, but its done for good cause. But many people get stuck due to mistaken identity, petty crimes and so on

It mostly in North America, moresover in USA..Every Individual gets Fingerprinted while entering US (except canada and/or few other countries), and if god forbid u had felony record..ur OUT (that includes driving under influence of alcohol which may/may not have casued bodily harm)

Everywhere, credit file, medical records etc...u can't keep everything to urself

but i can only see it expanding to the rest of the developed world. i just don't like the idea of being monitored and people can know who i see etc and my relationships with them. I know it has it's good points. but it should be limited to criminals imo

That's a great film.

Anyway, what's the point of preventing terrorism, if our own rights are being greatly infringed anyway? Obviously one cannot have complete privacy, but the right balance must be made. Otherwise, terrorism or not, our freedom is limited.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

well put! but finding that balance is impossible. solving terrorism might be the way to get the job done.

Banned
    For eg.,

Like these 2 Individuals who were Canadian Citizens and Had Genuine Canadian Passports
    1)Brar - sent back to Egypt for 2 yrs or something..lotta mix up..and now US wont admit to the Mistake
    2)Indian (Citiznen of Canada) Lady, told that her passport was fake, sent back to Canada, from there India...no mistaken identity but US wanted to prove a point or bad judgement

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    We have a family friend who was in the Australian army and he said that the technology in that film was about 5 or 6 years behind what it actually is. My Sister reckons, and I don't know how true it is because she's a bit flakey at times, that telephone companies will alert the police if their are suspicious text messages or if certain words are said in the first 2 minutes of a conversation.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Thread Information