Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shouldnt the moderates be stricter ??

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!

Shouldnt the moderates be stricter ??

This refers to Mr Casson's post in another thread declaring his intention to stay away from the forum due to the presence of some obnoxious members. Its difficult to say whether this is the only form of protest but clearly some of them can be pretty upsetting at times. The fact that others may find them amusing and hence 'join in the fun' doesnt make things any easier for the member who is feeling assuaged.

I think the administrators need to look into this issue and do something about it otherwise we may face a situation where many members wil reduce their visits to the forum. One can already sense a less regular visiting pattern by some of the valued regulars.

One doesnt have to list out those who fall into this 'obnoxious' (really cant find a more suitable word) members but it should be clear to most who these are.

Thanks for your response.

Hexxagon Champion!
    I think the affected parties could simply have reported the offensive post to the moderators and not subjected us to this farce.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

I just got on the board now, it sounds like something reasonably big happened. Was this 'farce' in OT? Which thread?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    I think the affected parties could simply have reported the offensive post to the moderators and not subjected us to this farce.
    Come on DJ,
    You know that there are some who appear to be here solely to provoke. Its not a question of one specific post. Thes guys have a pattern. Some are individuals and some operate in a team of two or three and you always see them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I just got on the board now, it sounds like something reasonably big happened. Was this 'farce' in OT? Which thread?
    The 'Who's the funniest member of the forum' thread is where some of it has taken place. Not sure if that's all of it though.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    I think I should just clear this up. The very first thing I did was report the post and so far haven't heard anything back.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Come on DJ,
    You know that there are some who appear to be here solely to provoke. Its not a question of one specific post. Thes guys have a pattern. Some are individuals and some operate in a team of two or three and you always see them together.
    Fraz was much more offensive and provocative than the member in question here has ever been. I do not recall any of the Indian/Mongolian members threatening to stop posting on the forums unless he left/was banned. The present situation is an over reaction and more of a tantrum than a protest.

Of course, I refer only to the incidents in the "funniest poster" thread. Regarding the provocative groups operating in CC I am in agreement with you. And I use the word provocative loosely, because all I see is a series of bland repetitive posts devoid of any humour (and they are obviously trying hard to mix in supposed humour with provocation ).

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    I think I should just clear this up. The very first thing I did was report the post and so far haven't heard anything back.

In that case, I must temper my criticism. But I still believe the threat/offer : to stop posting is extreme as I explained in my above post.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Fraz was much more offensive and provocative than the member in question here has ever been. I do not recall any of the Indian/Mongolian members threatening to stop posting on the forums unless he left/was banned. The present situation is an over reaction and more of a tantrum than a protest.

Of course, I refer only to the incidents in the "funniest poster" thread. Regarding the provocative groups operating in CC I am in agreement with you. And I use the word provocative loosely, because all I see is a series of bland repetitive posts devoid of any humour (and they are obviously trying hard to mix in supposed humour with provocation ).
    Exactly.

I am not just talking of the post that provoked Mr Casson's response but this prevalence of these guys running amok. Someone has to make a protest.

I agree with you that Fraz was extremely provocative and I am sure there were enough complaints against him. But some of this stuff is more subtle but clearly meant to provoke. I dont see why it should be tolerated beyond a point.

Everyone is here to have good fun, enjoy themselves, make friends (maybe), discuss some issues in a reasonable ambience and why should a few be allowed to vitiate the atmosphere ?

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    In that case, I must temper my criticism. But I still believe the threat/offer : to stop posting is extreme as I explained in my above post.
    Maybe you and I would not go off the board but then everyone reacts differently to provocation.

The issue here is not how to react to provocation but whether provocation , rather blatant provocation, should be tolerated.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar

I agree with you mate...the guys from that group of 4-5 are easily ignored but I didn't realise that Mr Casson's situation had anything do with that. I thought it was in regard to something CP or 'Bob' said....which some found offensive and others didn't. It was reported to the moderators as he said so personally I don't really see what the big deal is all about.

International Coach
    There wasn't too much there to get annoyed at anyway, and the reaction is way OTT.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    What was the post that turned off Casson?
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    haha, lol. what a little baby sjs
    "Matt Damon"

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by nibbs
    haha, lol. what a little baby sjs
    If you say so

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information