Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Gay Marriage Debate

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    so why should religion stand in the way of gay people? I find it hard to believe that someone who apparently loved all His children said.........oh, except those two guys hugging in the corner....then again, maybe He was only human after all.
    Gay marriage leads to gay sex.. which is totally uncool..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_darkness
    Just because you’re uncomfortable with it? Strict Catholics are uncomfortable with birth control, but you don’t see many people arguing about that.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Of course, which means there's no gay sex now because no-one can get married...brilliant thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    There is a principle that states that Church and State should remain seperate, so i see nothing wrong with Gay couples marrying, however i just think the adoption of children, and access to birth technology should be very much limited (religious reasons mainly)... However, Gay people already basically get the same rights as married couples anyway, because theyre living in De-Facto relationships, so all they want is recognition through marriage, so i say, give them the certificate.
    If religious reasons dictate things should be a certain way and that's how you live your life then fair enough, but that's one of the reasons why I give religion a wide berth, I don't think it encourages open mindedness and can be successfully applied to all current situations. As for people who all of a sudden become religious when gay marriage is brought up "CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED" hahaha

I know that doesn't apply to too many in here though as I've heard you make reference to being religious in the past.

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    IMO gay sex just isn't right, doesn't seem progressive in the natural world, i mean if we were all gay, we wouldn't last very long as a result. I know some species of animal are homosexual/bisexual in the natural world so its not just human but in general it doesn't seem to follow nature. I'm against gay marriage in the biblical sense for these reasons. As someone once said God made Adam and Eve, he didn't make Adam and Steve.
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco
    If religious reasons dictate things should be a certain way and that's how you live your life then fair enough, but that's one of the reasons why I give religion a wide berth, I don't think it encourages open mindedness and can be successfully applied to all current situations. As for people who all of a sudden become religious when gay marriage is brought up "CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED" hahaha

I know that doesn't apply to too many in here though as I've heard you make reference to being religious in the past.
    Yeah fair enough, well im not one of these strung up religious types though, you know the ones that only strictly stick to the religious side of things, generally i try and be as open minded as possible (although i struggle sometimes )... Having said this, if im 50-50, i'll normally err on the side of my religious beliefs.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    ^ word

As someone once said God made Adam and Eve, he didn't make Adam and Steve
    lmao..

Just because you’re uncomfortable with it?
    man think about for 5 minutes.. and then tell me how comfortable you are with it......................

Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    IMO gay sex just isn't right, doesn't seem progressive in the natural world, i mean if we were all gay, we wouldn't last very long as a result. I know some species of animal are homosexual/bisexual in the natural world so its not just human but in general it doesn't seem to follow nature. I'm against gay marriage in the biblical sense for these reasons. As someone once said God made Adam and Eve, he didn't make Adam and Steve.
    Fair enough, although you really can't help who you fall in love with (as I discovered this year) and people shouldn't be punished for loving someone just because they are of the same sex. That doesn't make them any less deserving of the recognition granted to male & female couples.

^ word

lmao..

man think about for 5 minutes.. and then tell me how comfortable you are with it......................
    i wouldnt do it myself, but people can put their equipment where they want.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc
    i wouldnt do it myself, but people can put their equipment where they want.
    Agree. I don't really want to watch but if that's what they want, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    Fair enough, although you really can't help who you fall in love with (as I discovered this year) and people shouldn't be punished for loving someone just because they are of the same sex. That doesn't make them any less deserving of the recognition granted to male & female couples.
    exactly. It’s not as if they woke up one day and realised they were gay

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    Yeah it's difficult because of the fact that its such a physical thing, you cannot really control or decide who you're attracted to, you just are. But it seems to be spreading really and i don't think it should be encouraged, but then again if i had a kid when i was older who was gay i don't know how i'd react.

well this argument is pretty futile as noone’s really going to change their opinion. So im just going to leave with what I entered with- If two people love each other, they should be allowed to marry, fullstop.

Heterosexual sex isn't progressive either though, in all likelihood both heterosexual and gay sex have been around since day one. However, I don't go along with the anyone being 'made' scenario so.....if you believe we were made instead of evolving though then it certainly wouldn't work with Adam and Steve haha. Mind you, in that case, we're also all related.....

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    IMO gay just isn't right, doesn't seem progressive in the natural world, i mean if we were all gay, we wouldn't last very long as a result. I know some species of animal are homosexual/bisexual in the natural world so its not just human but in general it doesn't seem to follow nature. I'm against gay marriage in the biblical sense for these reasons. As someone once said God made Adam and Eve, he didn't make Adam and Steve.
    Hmm. That may be the case - however, gays are a) in a minority, so they wouldn't destroy the human species by them having with each other, and b) they're not hurting others if they're allowed to have with each other. It seems to be a natural process - and whoever comes here and tells me gays are attention seekers - why on earth would they WANT to be a member of a persecuted minority?

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love
    Legally, we have exactly the same protections that anybody involved in a religous marriage does. IMO, the Church doesn't have to allow same-sex marriages - but the State, being secular, should.
    Spot on.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information