Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Gay Marriage Debate

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    Marriage is a union between a man and a woman.
    Says who? I think gay couples should be allowed to marry if they want to, it doesn't harm anyone else in any way whatsoever. As for adopting a child, I think that's fine too. Plenty of kids only have single parents these days, so saying 'what about having a father/mother' is irrelevant IMO. A gay couple who are loving parents would be much better options than some of the people who call themselves 'parents' these days as far as I'm concerned.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    It's not like gay couples can do any worse.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy
    It's not like gay couples can do any worse.
    That sounds like a challenge!
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    it all just depends really. if the idea of "queerness" scares u... then it's bad...
    I certainly wouldn't like gay parents...
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    it all just depends really. if the idea of "queerness" scares u... then it's bad...
    I'd rather have nice, loving gay parents than abusive straight ones...of course not saying that all straight couples are abusive parents but there are some that are and it is quite hard to believe that gay couples would be worse than that.

It only scares you because of how you've been brought up, if you had gay parents from very early on in life I'm pretty sure you wouldn't care.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    Marriage is a union between a man and a woman.
    Because men and women have done such a great job at preserving the sanctity of it? Last time I checked, divorce rates were skyrocketing

that's very highly debatable...

imagine all the bullying u'd get at school. everytime u had to hand a note in it'd be from father/father not from mother/father... i think it would be very scary

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    personally i don't think they should not be able to marry, but they should be able to form some kind of legal bond.
    "Matt Damon"

imagine all the bullying u'd get at school. everytime u had to hand a note in it'd be from father/father not from mother/father... i think it would be very scary
    I disagree, I think if they are allowed to adopt then enough couples will do so for it to seem quite normal. True they will still be a minority, but I think there will be enough kids with same sex parents for it to not be abnormal. The amount of discrimination against homosexuality is decreasing with every generation and I think there wouldn't really be a problem with bullying.

And you don't get bullied at school anyway? I think it's kind of funny that the very people that would bully them about it (i.e: the straight population) are concerned that if gay couples can adopt the kids would get bullied. Maybe some of us need to pull our heads in and give gay couples the chance to do whatever they want to do, in line with the rest of society. In my opinion it could be the fact that these couples aren't given the same rights as everyone else that 'demonises' them in some people's minds in the first place. It's a sexual preference, something you'll never have to be involved with if you're not gay yourself, I don't really understand why some people are so scared.

that could work but I don't think they should be glorified and acknowledged as married...

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco
    And you don't get bullied at school anyway? I think it's kind of funny that the very people that would bully them about it (i.e: the straight population) are concerned that if gay couples can adopt the kids would get bullied. Maybe some of us need to pull our heads in and give gay couples the chance to do whatever they want to do, in line with the rest of society. In my opinion it could be the fact that these couples aren't given the same rights as everyone else that 'demonises' them in some people's minds in the first place. It's a sexual preference, something you'll never have to be involved with if you're not gay yourself, I don't really understand why some people are so scared.
    scared??? nah not really dude... just concerned...

that could work but I don't think they should be glorified and acknowledged as married...
    How are they being glorified any more than a man and woman are by being married? Personally I've never seen being married as being 'glorified'...I'm not quite sure what you mean by that to be honest.

scared??? nah not really dude... just concerned...
    about? What are your concerns re: gay marriage? I thought it was better to just ask otherwise we'll have 45 posts that only have a word each in them haha

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information