Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: The Gay Marriage Debate

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Would any of you be able to live with it?
    Why the hell would I care? Of course, a kid born into wouldn't think anything of it but even now, if my Dad said he was gay, I'm pretty sure it would not only not bother me, but I'd support him.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    because it would be freakishly unnormal. being seen in public with two men holding hands and kissing.. having ur note signed by ur father and father... walking in on ur parents having sex for the first time and finding out it's wrong... being deprived of the oppurtunity to have a mother and/or a father... Sex was made to produce children by whoever created us... Sex is only possible between a male and female to produce children for a reason. If our creator (whoever he is) saw it fit for gays to have parents he woulda created it so it was possible.
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    Thing is you often find many great scientists are religious. Darwin, Einstein etc because at the end of the day there are so many unanswerable questions.........
    Given some of their findings though I think it's safe to assume they thought outside the religious explanations for many things.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Enough said?

Would any of you be able to live with it? Baring in mind a baby doesn't have much of a say in where he/she ends up
    Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if mum decided to start wearing sensible shoes.

Unless one was actually raised by gay parents who can say what effect it had had? Sexuality is only one of the arbtirary ways we catergorize people; I'd have preferred the old chap (RIP) not to have been a Moan U fan, but it didn't make me love him any less!
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by chris.hinton
    I am against Gay Marridge it is against ethics,law and Religon.... it should be between a Bloke and a Woman
    ethics? That it's against the law is more a reflection on us than homosexuals IMO. I knew you'd be against it though haha

Gay marriages can't and shouldn't happen.. Totally values the whole concept of marriage which is to give a stable preparation for childbearing and a symbol of union between a man and a woman.. As for gay adoption, don't even get me started.. A viscious and dangerous precedent if ever there was one..
    What a load of rubbish - I'd type more but I think Ive already typed it a few pages back in answer to a similar comment.

Doesn't every child need a father figure and a mother figure to look up to? You act as if the genders are suddenly the same and it doesn't matter what they are
    1) There usually *are* father and mother 'figures' in homosexual relationships.
    2) Having a male parent and female parent guarantees you nothing in way of life success. Nothing at all.
    3) In my mind, as long as they are fit parents that's enough regardless of gender. Christ knows I've seen enough bad heterosexual couplings (my parents, cases in point).

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    1) There usually *are* father and mother 'figures' in homosexual relationships.
    2) Having a male parent and female parent guarantees you nothing in way of life success. Nothing at all.
    3) In my mind, as long as they are fit parents that's enough regardless of gender. Christ knows I've seen enough bad heterosexual couplings (my parents, cases in point).
    1) Yeah right. children of a young age associate sex based on appearance... and when mummies got a doodle there are issues.
    2) Never said it did... just saying that gay parents would be kinda off-putting.
    3) You haven't experienced a gay couple so I find it hard to say something like that.

because it would be freakishly unnormal. being seen in public with two men holding hands and kissing.. having ur note signed by ur father and father... walking in on ur parents having sex for the first time and finding out it's wrong... being deprived of the oppurtunity to have a mother and/or a father... Sex was made to produce children by whoever created us... Sex is only possible between a male and female to produce children for a reason. If our creator (whoever he is) saw it fit for gays to have parents he woulda created it so it was possible.
    Okay if you feel uncomfortable about that stuff, fine. But why should that stop gay people from marrying.

And walking in on parents havign sex was wrong enough for me and my parents are hetero!

1) Yeah right. children of a young age associate sex based on appearance... and when mummies got a doodle there are issues.
    Only in our current society they do. If we were a more enlightened society and had less of the rubbish that people like you propagate with gay couplings/people being abnormal, there would be fewer issues.

2) Never said it did... just saying that gay parents would be kinda off-putting
    Why?

3) You haven't experienced a gay couple so I find it hard to say something like that.
    Irrelevant. I know plenty of gay couples who have kids and I know plenty of kids who have gay parents. Just because I didn't have gay parents means little. I'm betting you've never had homosexual sex but that doesn't stop you from judging it as abnormal, does it?

hmm i have no issues with them being couples... but marriage is something a little bit more sacred than just being a couple. something gays shouldn't be allowed to have

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    To debar Gay parents form adopting on those grounds would be pretty much akin to blaming racial abuse on black people because they're black! It's blaming the victim for the sins of the aggressor.
    Exactly, as I said before the fact that when children come into the equation all of a sudden we're (the heterosexual bunch) concerned that they'll be bullied when it's us that are doing the bullying in the first place is slightly bemusing. It's unavoidable or something, when if some of us didn't bring our kids up as homophobic little images of ourselves then maybe acceptance would be more forthcoming.

I apologise in advance to those on here who for religious grounds or whatever can't accept gay marriage, and I try to understand that when it's belief based...but to me not being able to accept gay people as having the same rights as everyone else and being able to afford them that right seems to be a horribly uneducated and backwards view of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat
    Only in our current society they do. If we were a more enlightened society and had less of the rubbish that people like you propagate with gay couplings/people being abnormal, there would be fewer issues.

Why?

Irrelevant. I know plenty of gay couples who have kids and I know plenty of kids who have gay parents. Just because I didn't have gay parents means little. I'm betting you've never had homosexual sex but that doesn't stop you from judging it as abnormal, does it?
    1) How the hell does society effect how babies of less than 3 or 4 (when they do most of their developing) view the world...
    2) I told you about 3 posts ago... read up..
    3) It's abnormal because we were created in a way where we're supposed to put a p*enis in a v*agina. meaning that children were supposed to be the offspring of heterosexual couples

Surely you can't allow a child to have an abnormal childhood and a lifetime of victimisation because he is 0.0013% less likely to be a victim of a sex crime.. Gay marriage can't work like that..

And I know there is victimisation and abnormality everywhere, but you can't allow a sphere which could encourage it..
    Let's face it, it doesn't take that much encouragement, and if it wasn't for one reason it would be for another. I don't think you'll scar someoe for life because a few of their classmates are keen on adopting the crotch-grabbing meathead mentality. The problem lies with OUR attitudes, not theirs.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Slats4ever
    3) It's abnormal because we were created in a way where we're supposed to put a p*enis in a v*agina. meaning that children were supposed to be the offspring of heterosexual couples
    Not a fellatio fan then? I think you'd find it quite agreeable!

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information