Why the hell would I care? Of course, a kid born into wouldn't think anything of it but even now, if my Dad said he was gay, I'm pretty sure it would not only not bother me, but I'd support him.Would any of you be able to live with it?
because it would be freakishly unnormal. being seen in public with two men holding hands and kissing.. having ur note signed by ur father and father... walking in on ur parents having sex for the first time and finding out it's wrong... being deprived of the oppurtunity to have a mother and/or a father... Sex was made to produce children by whoever created us... Sex is only possible between a male and female to produce children for a reason. If our creator (whoever he is) saw it fit for gays to have parents he woulda created it so it was possible.
WCC - Manager of Warwickshire
Given some of their findings though I think it's safe to assume they thought outside the religious explanations for many things.Originally Posted by twctopcat
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if mum decided to start wearing sensible shoes.Originally Posted by Langeveldt
Unless one was actually raised by gay parents who can say what effect it had had? Sexuality is only one of the arbtirary ways we catergorize people; I'd have preferred the old chap (RIP) not to have been a Moan U fan, but it didn't make me love him any less!
Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion
- As featured in The Independent.
"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
- Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change
ethics? That it's against the law is more a reflection on us than homosexuals IMO. I knew you'd be against it though hahaOriginally Posted by chris.hinton
What a load of rubbish - I'd type more but I think Ive already typed it a few pages back in answer to a similar comment.Originally Posted by Langeveldt
1) There usually *are* father and mother 'figures' in homosexual relationships.Doesn't every child need a father figure and a mother figure to look up to? You act as if the genders are suddenly the same and it doesn't matter what they are
2) Having a male parent and female parent guarantees you nothing in way of life success. Nothing at all.
3) In my mind, as long as they are fit parents that's enough regardless of gender. Christ knows I've seen enough bad heterosexual couplings (my parents, cases in point).
1) Yeah right. children of a young age associate sex based on appearance... and when mummies got a doodle there are issues.Originally Posted by Top_Cat
2) Never said it did... just saying that gay parents would be kinda off-putting.
3) You haven't experienced a gay couple so I find it hard to say something like that.
Okay if you feel uncomfortable about that stuff, fine. But why should that stop gay people from marrying.because it would be freakishly unnormal. being seen in public with two men holding hands and kissing.. having ur note signed by ur father and father... walking in on ur parents having sex for the first time and finding out it's wrong... being deprived of the oppurtunity to have a mother and/or a father... Sex was made to produce children by whoever created us... Sex is only possible between a male and female to produce children for a reason. If our creator (whoever he is) saw it fit for gays to have parents he woulda created it so it was possible.
And walking in on parents havign sex was wrong enough for me and my parents are hetero!
Only in our current society they do. If we were a more enlightened society and had less of the rubbish that people like you propagate with gay couplings/people being abnormal, there would be fewer issues.1) Yeah right. children of a young age associate sex based on appearance... and when mummies got a doodle there are issues.
Why?2) Never said it did... just saying that gay parents would be kinda off-putting
Irrelevant. I know plenty of gay couples who have kids and I know plenty of kids who have gay parents. Just because I didn't have gay parents means little. I'm betting you've never had homosexual sex but that doesn't stop you from judging it as abnormal, does it?3) You haven't experienced a gay couple so I find it hard to say something like that.
hmm i have no issues with them being couples... but marriage is something a little bit more sacred than just being a couple. something gays shouldn't be allowed to have
Exactly, as I said before the fact that when children come into the equation all of a sudden we're (the heterosexual bunch) concerned that they'll be bullied when it's us that are doing the bullying in the first place is slightly bemusing. It's unavoidable or something, when if some of us didn't bring our kids up as homophobic little images of ourselves then maybe acceptance would be more forthcoming.Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
I apologise in advance to those on here who for religious grounds or whatever can't accept gay marriage, and I try to understand that when it's belief based...but to me not being able to accept gay people as having the same rights as everyone else and being able to afford them that right seems to be a horribly uneducated and backwards view of the world.
1) How the hell does society effect how babies of less than 3 or 4 (when they do most of their developing) view the world...Originally Posted by Top_Cat
2) I told you about 3 posts ago... read up..
3) It's abnormal because we were created in a way where we're supposed to put a p*enis in a v*agina. meaning that children were supposed to be the offspring of heterosexual couples
Let's face it, it doesn't take that much encouragement, and if it wasn't for one reason it would be for another. I don't think you'll scar someoe for life because a few of their classmates are keen on adopting the crotch-grabbing meathead mentality. The problem lies with OUR attitudes, not theirs.Originally Posted by Langeveldt
Not a fellatio fan then? I think you'd find it quite agreeable!Originally Posted by Slats4ever
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)