Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ripped off!

Ripped off!

Share your stories when you feel you were really hard done by...

1. In grade 7 my school was to go on the show "Download". They needed 16 contestants and they had a general knowledge quiz to find out who would be on it. I top scored for my school and was the first name called out to go on the show. I was really excited about it and a few days later I got told that they made a mistake and only 12 people can go on. Instead of just picking the worst 4 to go off like would have been fair they decided to pull the names out of a hat. After 3 were picked out I was really nervous and my name was called. Some of the people who got on were f**king stupid. I got the highest mark in the school and didn't get to go on the show

2. Grade 3 I was just as big a cricket jock as I am now, for my age. There was this random competition where everyone got to play a game of cricket but you had to retire at 10. So I being the genius I was got myself to 9 and then hit a six, ending up with the highest score in the competition. However the people who ran it were stupid aswell and decided that byes count as runs to the batsmen. So when they handed the certificates out they got given to people who got like 4 runs and people who got 12 through 12 byes, they didn't even hit a ball. They all got certificates and me who did as well as physically possible got nothing. Not a big deal but when your 8 years old that's harsh

Well that's my bitch/tearie for the day lol, share yours
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    lol...how hilarious
    "Matt Damon"

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by James90

1. In grade 7 my school was to go on the show "Download". They needed 16 contestants and they had a general knowledge quiz to find out who would be on it. I top scored for my school and was the first name called out to go on the show. I was really excited about it and a few days later I got told that they made a mistake and only 12 people can go on. Instead of just picking the worst 4 to go off like would have been fair they decided to pull the names out of a hat. After 3 were picked out I was really nervous and my name was called. Some of the people who got on were f**king stupid. I got the highest mark in the school and didn't get to go on the show

if you were smart you were above that show anyway...
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!

2. Grade 3 I was just as big a cricket jock as I am now, for my age. There was this random competition where everyone got to play a game of cricket but you had to retire at 10. So I being the genius I was got myself to 9 and then hit a six, ending up with the highest score in the competition. However the people who ran it were stupid aswell and decided that byes count as runs to the batsmen. So when they handed the certificates out they got given to people who got like 4 runs and people who got 12 through 12 byes, they didn't even hit a ball. They all got certificates and me who did as well as physically possible got nothing. Not a big deal but when your 8 years old that's harsh

Well that's my bitch/tearie for the day lol, share yours
    man... thats some sucky stories there mate, i feel for ya
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?

Are you trying to say you didnt get to see Ms Bytes???

haha whats sad is that i've seen that show.....thats what's sad peoples...
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

There'd have been no way in Hell you'd have gotten me off that team if I'd have top-scored.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Man I would have ran up and demanded a certificate.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Are you trying to say you didnt get to see Ms Bytes???

haha whats sad is that i've seen that show.....thats what's sad peoples...
    i used to watch that show. i feel somewhat hard done by whenever i go shopping at the markets, cause i always get the foreigner prices.

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Sue there asses off?

Pinball Champion!
    P*ssed off at my lack of exposure as a batting all rounder in the 2nd XI at college, I came to the wicket against our local rivals with a big chip on my shoulder, at number eight ..

What followed was a moody and irate assault on their bowlers.. We were 60 for 6, and my 80* off 64 balls got us to well over 200 and we easily won the match..

On leaving the game at the end, I shook hands with my coach and told him to stuff his batting order, and told my captain to go and f*ck himself after running him out...

Next match, I found myself at number 11... (Hardly surprising actually!)
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Debutant Waughney's Avatar
    Outback Aus. Answer's yes, the middle of nowhere
    You’d make a good Aussie.
    Member of MSC - Murali Supporters Club

I'm not too dissimilar a batsman to Bradman.
    Both of us have batting averages below 100.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    When I was overseas a mate won a trip to the French Alps skiing for a week. Having previously sorted him out with a place to stay at very short notice in Plymouth after he'd lost his job in London and also taken him on a bit of a tour around Cornwall I thought I might be a bit of a chance of getting the second spot on the trip. Unfortunately I was overlooked for a spot on the Antipodean Skiing team for another mate who was there with us at the time and basically claimed the spot for himself.

The funniest part about the whole thing was though, a day into the trip my mate falls over and breaks his wrist and the other guy hurts his knee - and I'm left thinking that Karma must be something very real!

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    James what happen again,I hope you are not force to go camping again heheheheheheh He was force to go camping lol
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    P*ssed off at my lack of exposure as a batting all rounder in the 2nd XI at college, I came to the wicket against our local rivals with a big chip on my shoulder, at number eight ..

What followed was a moody and irate assault on their bowlers.. We were 60 for 6, and my 80* off 64 balls got us to well over 200 and we easily won the match..

On leaving the game at the end, I shook hands with my coach and told him to stuff his batting order, and told my captain to go and f*ck himself after running him out...

Next match, I found myself at number 11... (Hardly surprising actually!)
    Haha... Running out the captain. Nice.
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waughney
    You’d make a good Aussie.
    haha damn straight!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information