Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gave away alot of runs

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar

Icon9 Gave away alot of runs

I gave away 19 runs in 2 over with one wicket in my hand,I am disppointed and will hope fully bowl will next game,

because I go 6 down there is nothing to tell you about my batting but check my stats it isnt bad,I got 1 not out and other was bowled,hope fully the captain thinks I have bat up the order so I might in short while,

check my stats guys please give me advices to where bowl to off stump leg stump,I keep putting full tosses at the last overs and i paid the price,I can swing the ball in so where do you want me to bowl off stump middle leg and what the speed should be,I normally bowl off spin and some times out of nowhere I increas my speed, so sense you guys are much more experinced then me please tell me where to bowl check my stats here

http://www.super25cricket.org/aims_p...player_id=1802
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    I gave away 19 runs in 2 over with one wicket in my hand
    Should try bowling with a tennis ball!
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Those wickets are pretty spiky, don't carry them in your hands.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Should try bowling with a tennis ball!
    ok

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    There's nothing wrong with full tosses in the final few overs if you bowl them properly.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Cricket Web Vice Administrator
    Those batting stats look pretty impressive, I'll stick with the batting and give up the bowling.

13 from 0 - How did you do it?

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    In the death overs you have to bowl yorkers or low full-tosses, ideally inswinging. Spinners are best off used in the middle overs, not at the death, but if they are they are best off concentrating on Chris Gayle-like darts.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2001
    Those batting stats look pretty impressive, I'll stick with the batting and give up the bowling.

13 from 0 - How did you do it?
    I think they got it wrong they did not count the balls,I think u have made it 13 runs only in 6 balls,I had to go after the bowlers and I did so,

Thanks yeah,If i go up the order I would make louds of runs,sense I am new to the team they have decided to put me at number 6 will eventulay move up the order at number 3 hope fully but thanks rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    In the death overs you have to bowl yorkers or low full-tosses, ideally inswinging. Spinners are best off used in the middle overs, not at the death, but if they are they are best off concentrating on Chris Gayle-like darts.
    The out field is really fast neil and if you bowl full toss just a touch wil carry it to the boundry,I play with people that are older then me and they will crush to the boundry in matter of a minute,will try to bowl inswingers and yorkers probably,

The wicket keepr isnt that good,he always misses when i bowl yorkers it goes underneth is legs and to the boundry,i will slow down my speed,thanks neil

If you're bowling low full tosses/yorkers you know that the shots are going to be front foot drives 90% of the time, the length dictating you can't play off the back foot, and the line making it utter folly to play across the line - so a field including boundary riders straight, in midwicket and the covers, plus a deep fine leg incase you slide it down leg too much.

If the keeper's not good enough to stand up to the wicket then he needs to be back - yes, it's better to stand up at any point in a limited-overs game, but if you're not up to it, then you're better off standing up. Don't change the way you bowl due to his lack of ability.

Pinball Champion!
    Interesting.. Ive had quite a lot of success bowling slower than the batsman expects.. Also means they have to get more onto the cricket ball to get it away..

After getting toncked for six, no batsman expects you to flight it even more..

If you're bowling low full tosses/yorkers you know that the shots are going to be front foot drives 90% of the time, the length dictating you can't play off the back foot, and the line making it utter folly to play across the line - so a field including boundary riders straight, in midwicket and the covers, plus a deep fine leg incase you slide it down leg too much.

If the keeper's not good enough to stand up to the wicket then he needs to be back - yes, it's better to stand up at any point in a limited-overs game, but if you're not up to it, then you're better off standing up. Don't change the way you bowl due to his lack of ability.
    Will talk to the captain thanks neil,Yeah I have to bowl yorkers now,because when ever i get hit for a boundry it puts more pressure one me then suddenly i lose my concentration easily, the wicket keeper cant stand up because we already have a fielder back deep in the wicket keepers position.

also because of alot of due factor and wit out field,I cant hold the ball properly,it slips out of my hand while bowling,any sulotion.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    also because of alot of due factor and wit out field,I cant hold the ball properly,it slips out of my hand while bowling,any sulotion.
    Stop lube-ing up...

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Interesting.. Ive had quite a lot of success bowling slower than the batsman expects.. Also means they have to get more onto the cricket ball to get it away..

After getting toncked for six, no batsman expects you to flight it even more..
    Variations that trick the batsman are always good - but be careful you don't get into the situation where your slower balls are predictable and just disappear at twice the speed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information