Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion?

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    It's an interesting strategy. Normally you don't see nations doing something like that, even though everyone knows a bunch of them do it - it would be weird for the State department to do that after a drone strike. I am not sure if it will have the intended affect though - surely the people being targetted know they're being targetted when people around them start getting blown up - and they don't need to be told on twitter. In terms of world opinion, this might backfire? Hard to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    M'thinks it's definitely for people outside of Israel. Need to put the word out that these are defensive assassinations.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    **** posting from UV (n)
    not at all. the world would be a much nicer place with no people in it
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    M'thinks it's definitely for people outside of Israel. Need to put the word out that these are defensive assassinations.
    I think you're giving their PR department too much credit. That is, you're assuming their PR department exists. They're just being needlessly controversial and provocative because there's a culture in Israel of not giving a **** what the world thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    I do not like the idea of abortion as 'contraception'.
    I do not like the idea of fetuses being aborted for convenience.
    I do not like the idea of killing a potential human being.

However, those are my opinions, and my opinions only. I do not see why people want - no, demand - their opinions be made law. Abortion is obviously necessary in the case of rape, abuse, health of the mother cases .etc. I don't see why we should remove these options for women because of personal opinion.

If a woman decides to have an abortion, she's doing it for a reason. Who are we to make that decision for her? It isn't a decision made lightly, it isn't the 'easy way out'; it's a ****ing traumatic experience and one that must cause so much emotional stress. But a woman has the right to choose.

I reckon 'pro-life' has some nice, idealistic views that nobody need die. The world, however, is far from idealistic. So long as there is unwanted pregnancy, be it from rape, incest or otherwise; and so long as mothers are put in danger by pregnancies, abortion is a necessity. An unfortunate one, in my eyes, but a necessity nonetheless.

We have absolutely zero right to make these decisions for other people, and even less right to force women to carry babies they do not want.

cpr
    Meh, remove the right to any abortion for none medical reasons (or due to other serious issues - eg rape etc) from the NHS, so if you want shut because you didn't keep your legs closed, then you have to pay. Obviously it'll be easier for rich kids to get daddy to pay for an abortion but hey, get on your feet and off your back and you too can earn enough to pay for a termination!
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cause clearly it's going to cost the government less when you force a young poor woman to bear a child that she doesn't want.

I would have imagined an abortion operation probably costs less than delivering a baby.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Cause clearly it's going to cost the government less when you force a young poor woman to bear a child that she doesn't want.
    Meh, the umblical cord isn't the only 'lifeline' we should be cutting....

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    I do not like the idea of abortion as 'contraception'.
    I do not like the idea of fetuses being aborted for convenience.
    I do not like the idea of killing a potential human being.
    I don't think anyone has ever aborted for "convenience", the claim that many people do it willy-nilly is a complete myth, just like beneficiary-bashers claiming that the majority of the people on the dole are lazy, drugged up ****s who aren't willing to work.

Does aborting because having to look after a child you can't afford will mean throwing away prospects of higher education, a better career, and a better chance at being a GOOD parent later in life count as convenience? Aborting for non-medical reasons isn't just a selfish choice - it's making the choice that it would be unfair on the child for them to be brought up in reduced circumstances.
    Last edited by wellAlbidarned; 15-11-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Exit pursuing a beer

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    I don't think anyone has ever aborted for "convenience", the claim that many people do it willy-nilly is a complete myth,

Nope, I know many a person who has for that reason. CBA having a child, forgot the pill, etc, and some because Mr Celebrity X will pay hush money for an abortion and an easy life.

There are some classy young ladies out there, never forget that.

Yeah, well, it's none of our business to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Meh, the umblical cord isn't the only 'lifeline' we should be cutting....
    Well unless you want to get rid of ALL of it, the last thing you'd get rid of would be the thing that would lead to starving kids on the street.

Would have thought a "don't use my tax funding on those dweebs" argument would apply to around 90-95% of other government expenditure before abortion. On average, the costs for not aborting a baby to the public coffers is far bigger than actually aborting it.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Nope, I know many a person who has for that reason. CBA having a child, forgot the pill, etc, and some because Mr Celebrity X will pay hush money for an abortion and an easy life.

There are some classy young ladies out there, never forget that.
    Yeah but so what? If that's what they want to do then let them.

Same people who bitch about that would be those who would whinge at all the unmarried mothers sucking on the teat of the tax payer.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread Information