Thread: Utterly incorrect

Utterly incorrect

With reference to the accusations made about me by poster Deeps on my short lived "Should Richard be banned?" thread, I repudiate the allegations utterly.

I have never been a member of this forum under any other name, and (obviously) have never been banned from the forum.

I find it curious that my post would be vigorously denounced by a moderator, but that Deeps's falsehoods would be allowed to stand without even a passing reference or correction. Personal attacks on other posters in the form of comments on their level of knowledge, poor writing style etc are evidently frowned upon, whilst personal attacks in the form of allegations of lying and misrepresentation are allowed to pass without comment.

I also find it curious that poster Richard's decidedly negative comments to me on another thread were deemed fit to print, whilst my thread was given the heave-ho.

In any case, I am a man of my word, and as my short-lived poll resulted in 4 votes in favour of Richard, and none against, I hereby depart as promised.

First Class Debutant cric_manic's Avatar
    Go away

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    That was the most eloquent sook I've ever been party to.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    A couple of negative comments at another member is one thing, starting a new thread canvassing opinion on whether a member should be banned is another entirely. And Deeps didn't say that you WERE the guy who got banned but that he 'got the impression' you were. You, however, saw fit to deign Richard as the following

"1/ a fairly shallow knowledge base, and
    2/ a plodding, English-mangling, grace-free-zone style, and
    3/ extreme truculence and bad manners when challenged on any point of fact or opinion

Richard's posts seem to be of no redeeming value whatsoever in advancing knowledge of the game of cricket, or a feeling of fellowship among cricket lovers, and yet he dominates the forum."

Again, in my view, your attack was of a greater intensity and more focussed direction hence the thread got shut.

Feel free to email the other mods or report the post (it goes to the other mods) and argue your point, though. Who knows, you might even get your thread re-opened.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

gone

I know I said I was gone, but I must just get this straight before I go for good.

You are saying that the (wrong) allegation about me was OK because the words "I get the feeling" were used in it?

So my thread would have passed muster, therefore, if I'd said "I get the feeling" that Richard knows nothing about cricket, is a blow-hard, and can't write?

Does this mean I can go on the radio and say that "I get the feeling" that the Prime Minister is embezzling public funds? Or "I get the feeling" that the 2003 Auckland Cup was rigged? Or "I get the feeling" that my local member of parliament is sleeping with a labyboy?

I'm glad I took the promise to leave if my poll question didn't get up, because it is one thing to participate in a forum where the contributors are woolly-headed plodders, but when the moderation is of the same quality, you're better off at a more intellectually rigourous forum, like (say) the "Des O'Connor Fan Club" or the "Society for People That Think WWF Wrestling Is Real".

International Debutant a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!
    Richard is a rather unconventional individual and many of his ideas are beyond belief; but he is a valued member of the board, many people enjoy his contributions, and cricketweb would not be the same without him. Stop having a go!!!!!!!!
    THE ULTIMATE CRICKET WEB ARCADE EGGS CHAMPION

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1990-2006
    RIP Craig Walsh (AKA "Craig"), 1985-2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    So my thread would have passed muster, therefore, if I'd said "I get the feeling" that Richard knows nothing about cricket, is a blow-hard, and can't write?
    No. The fact you started a thread to say all of that is an aggravating factor too.

Does this mean I can go on the radio and say that "I get the feeling" that the Prime Minister is embezzling public funds? Or "I get the feeling" that the 2003 Auckland Cup was rigged? Or "I get the feeling" that my local member of parliament is sleeping with a labyboy?

I'm glad I took the promise to leave if my poll question didn't get up, because it is one thing to participate in a forum where the contributors are woolly-headed plodders, but when the moderation is of the same quality, you're better off at a more intellectually rigourous forum, like (say) the "Des O'Connor Fan Club" or the "Society for People That Think WWF Wrestling Is Real".
    This is redundant because you completely missed the point of what I said. As for the rest, like I care what you think of me

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Belford, if you really were going and really had no intention of returning... then why do you keep coming back?

First Class Debutant cric_manic's Avatar

Belford - if you want to continue raising this do it via email or report any posts you feel are border-line and mods will look into it.

Creating threads asking for a member to be banned is just bloody stupid and a complete waste of everyones time and if it happens again you'll find yourself banned.

Thread closed.

Thread Information