Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Death penalty

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar

Death penalty

Today my history teacher asked as If we think death penalty is a bad thing and She said What we think of it,We have alot of mexican students and black students in my school but in my history class most of them are mexicans,

My teacher started by saying that blacks and mexicans specially in usa put on death most of the time,every year there are atleast 400 people put on death penalty most of them are mexicans and blacks lets say about 75%.My class mates totally went againts death penalty because there own mexicans were put on death most of the time'

The reason most blacks and mexicans are put on death,because they dont have the money to get a good lawyer,I am not being racist but most of the white people in united states of america has the money to get a good lawyer but it isnt the case for the mexicans and blacks,So I feel really againts deaht plenalty because It is not fair What do you guys think about this situation and your thoughts will be appreciated
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    I for the Death Penalty

For Rapists,Murderers and Child Abusers

Quote Originally Posted by chris.hinton
    I for the Death Penalty

For Rapists,Murderers and Child Abusers
    I understand but It is not fair,A white man commits the same crime as a black man or a mexican,The white man gets away with the murder despite commiting then a mexican or a black man put on to death commiting the same thing as the white man did doesn't seem fair to me.It is just the money problem,

But i totally understand rapists,murders,child abusers should put on to death,I think it should not matter what is the skin color just put them to death and My previouse post i said i am againts death penalty because every one should be put to death penalty if they commit the crime and shoud not matter what skin color he/she is

Mexicans etc. not getting a good lawyer is not a problem caused by the death penalty, it's caused by people being poor. Death penalty apart from anything saves millions (of pounds) from having to keep someone rotting in prison for the rest of their life. With £100,000 you could easily save a life in any country every couple of years at the very least if you spent it correctly, so to me it's a no-brainer.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Cricket Players this is just Dog Whistling you are being a tad racist

I will stop it if i was you!!!!

No,I am not racist or any thing else,It is just that I dont think life is fair some times

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Mexicans etc. not getting a good lawyer is not a problem caused by the death penalty, it's caused by people being poor. Death penalty apart from anything saves millions (of pounds) from having to keep someone rotting in prison for the rest of their life. With £100,000 you could easily save a life in any country every couple of years at the very least if you spent it correctly, so to me it's a no-brainer.
    Good point scaly,So to be fair I have changed my thoughts about death penalty i think people should pay for what they have done,taking a life away is a bad thing

International Coach
    For once I can actually see Bob's point. It's a toughie.

Personally, I'm for the death penalty, and would probably prefer it to be reinstated here, but there is always the problem that if they were wrongly convicted you can't get them back...
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

International Debutant a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!
    I'm wholeheartedly against it. The death penalty is an utter failure, and a constitutional disgrace.

The application of the death penalty would be a backward step taking us to the barbaric middle ages. Everyone has a basic right to life no matter what they have done, miscarriages of justice are all too easy (around 14% of the executed are actually innocent), if the government/ruling elite order the death penalty to be applied they themselves are the murderers (it is not killing the killer but rehabilitating the killer that separates us humans from animals).

Most people who support the death penalty cite the notion that it acts as a deterrent to murders and rapists etc, but actually...

Quote Originally Posted by A Massive Zebra
    In 1996, those states which had the death penalty had an average murder rate of 7.1 per 100,000 population; those states which do not execute people had a homicide rate of 3.6. 3
    Comparing adjacent states where one state has the death penalty and the other does not, frequently shows that the states with capital punishment have a much higher homicide rate. 3
    A report of the Bureau of Justice Statistics showed that during 1996, Southern states, where about 81% of the executions are performed, have an average murder rate of 9 per 100,000 population. States in the Northeast are responsible for 1% of the executions and have a murder rate of 5.4 3
    A 1980 study of homicides in New York found that the average numbers of murders increased in the month following an execution 16
    A 1995 study of the annual percentage increases in homicide rates in California showed that murders increased 10% a year during 1952 to 1967 when the state was executing people. When the state performed no executions (1968-1991) the average rate of increase was less (4.8%)
    Canada's homicide rate has dropped 27% since the death penalty was abolished in that country (for ordinary crimes) in 1976. For many years prior to 1976, the federal government had converted each death sentence to life imprisonment.
    The FBI Uniform Crime Reports Division publication Crime in the US for 1995 reports that there were 4.9 murders per 100,000 people in states that have abolished the death penalty, compared with 9.2 murders in those states which still have the death penalty. "In no state has the number of murders diminished after legalizing the death penalty."
    Society is brutalized by the use of the death penalty, and this increases the likelihood of more murder.
    THE ULTIMATE CRICKET WEB ARCADE EGGS CHAMPION

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1990-2006
    RIP Craig Walsh (AKA "Craig"), 1985-2012

International Debutant a massive zebra's Avatar
    Eggs Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Death penalty apart from anything saves millions (of pounds) from having to keep someone rotting in prison for the rest of their life. With £100,000 you could easily save a life in any country every couple of years at the very least if you spent it correctly, so to me it's a no-brainer.
    Ignorance of the highest order.

One of the most powerful, pragmatic arguments against the death penalty is its enormous and inordinate cost when compared to the expense of incarceration for life without possibility of parole, the latter being approximately one-sixth as expensive as the over $3 million cost to execute someone through the exhaustion of all legal appeals. In 1989, the New York State Department of Corrections determined that New York State could hire an additional 250 police officers and build prison space for an additional 6,000 more inmates for the amount that it would cost the state to reimpose the death penalty in a similar five-year period. "It is always more expensive to have and use the death penalty than it is not to have it, for the very reason that lawyers are more expensive than prison guards," said Professor Franklin E. Zimring, Director of the Earl Warren Legal Institute at the University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall Law School. "It's that simple."

Pinball Champion!
    Im totally against the death penalty... When you can not be certain of a crime, how can you do something so final when there is always uncertainty? Its barbaric and does nothing to heal a violent culture..

Im happy to live in a country that has abolished it, just a shame our American "friends" are stuck in the past..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

arg that people even consider to be for it....im against thats clear! doing that to a child abuser or a murder takes you down to the same hight as the murderer etc himself..and that pretty low! i think this is not a good topic because it will get some pretty hard discussion which could work out wrong
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwek
    arg that people even consider to be for it....im against thats clear! doing that to a child abuser or a murder takes you down to the same hight as the murderer etc himself..and that pretty low! i think this is not a good topic because it will get some pretty hard discussion which could work out wrong
    Nah, not at all..

Another forum I frequent has an ace "Jet Blast" place... Its basically for topical discussion, moderated, but its made clear to all users that they could be offended (Like a certificate or something)... With 10,000 members we hardly get any problems in it.. But plenty of damn interesting discussion..

Nothing wrong with some controversy in my book, as long as it doesnt degenerate into personal matters...

Whats cool is having people who care

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I'm actually pro-death penalty.

It's a belief of mine that cannot be justified on utilitarian grounds (the only western democracy to still have it is the US &, IIRC, they have the 2nd highest murder rate per capita), it's rather a more instinctive belief. I can say with absolute certainty that if anyone killed my SO or mother I would wish them dead.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    I'm actually pro-death penalty.

It's a belief of mine that cannot be justified on utilitarian grounds (the only western democracy to still have it is the US &, IIRC, they have the 2nd highest murder rate per capita), it's rather a more instinctive belief. I can say with absolute certainty that if anyone killed my SO or mother I would wish them dead.
    Interesting.... But I think a falsely accused guy put to death is a worse situation than a murderer who carries on their life locked up instead of dead

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information