cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Best Concert Attended

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    best gigs...been to tons of brilliant ones..and been to some **** poor ones.

Brilliant: janes Addiction in 91,Swervedriver throughout the 90's,Bauhaus a few years ago,Boo radleys(a couple of times),Prodigy(5 times),Charlatans(leeds a couple of years ago),radiohead(the week the Bends came out),Super Furry Animals (3 times all brilliant)..and loads more I think...oh Miles Hunt (ex Wonderstuff) doing his stuff acoustically in Leeds was great as well.(I got a kick out of that when he asked for requests, it all went quiet,and then i shouted 'Bohemian Rhapsody', much to the amusement of about 200 people in the venue )

Crap: oasis (twice, and both times bored the hell out of me..and that was whenthey were good as well), The Hives...erm thats it for now...
    Luckily I haven't actually paid just to see a band who turned out to be crap. Have seen some absolutely shocking support bands at times though, and Metallica and the very stoned Dandy Warhols at the BDO were both bad too. Stopped liking Metallica after their performance. It just seemed that they didn't care much, they hardly moved around on the stage at all, just stood there in fixed positions. The crowd was nasty too, like 30,000 all at the one stage and I was the only one not wearing a black Metallica shirt. The fireworks were good though, I'll give them that.

Jealous that you got to see Radiohead. I would love to see them live. I've heard somewhere that someone from the band came here to look for a suitable venue but all the indoor theatres we have weren't big enough or something. Why not have and outdoor gig then? Oh well.
    Last edited by _Ed_; 03-02-2005 at 04:14 PM.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    yeah the radiohead gig was really good..in an 800 capacity venue ..i saw them about 5 years ago in Blackpool as well,that was good but not as good as the first one.
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Limp bizkit concert and the 3 doors down concerts in London 2004
    - This is Your Life...Are You Who You Want to Be -

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by nookie_lk
    Limp bizkit concert and the 3 doors down concerts in London 2004
    How many people died at that Limp Bizkit concert?
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricketer Of The Year
    Bucks Fizz Cornwall Coliseum 1983.

Kenge kenge Orutu System at WOMAD 2009. Was great dancing

Either a Paul McCartney concert in 2011 or (and this might be cheating) a Madchester festival I went to last year.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    My ultimate guilty pleasure band Poets of the Fall a few years ago in pune.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Seeing Holst's The Planets played live by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra is easily my favourite concert experience tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawood Ahmad View Post

Hamish, no body knows even name of him
    But Ponting, there's great fame of him

Toughie, one of the following

Oasis - saw them a bunch of times but will go for Liverpool Royal Court 2002
    Guns N Roses - Olympic stadium two years ago
    Paul McCartney - Manchester 2011.
    Rolling Stones - Old Trafford last year

Honourable mention to Motley Crue who might make the list if I remembered their gigs better, they tended to get out of hand

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Joe Satriani - Mumbai (2005)
    orz

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Oasis - saw them a bunch of times but will go for Liverpool Royal Court 2002
    Lucky ****.

Unify 2018

... .... .- -.- . / - .... . / -.. . .- - .... / ..-. .-. --- -- / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -... --- -. . ...

cpr
    Hmm,

Red Hot Chili Peppers, supported by James ****ing Brown, in 2004, both put on unreal shows (saw the former a few years later at Leeds, and easily the worst performance I've ever seen

REM, supported by Feeder, Idlewild, and the Zutons at Lancs CC one year. Think that was on a Friday, then headed down to Milton Keynes Bowl for Green Day on the Sunday, awesome weekend of music.

Any time I've seen Pearl Jam - they made a Manchester show last about 3 hours once - but their appearance at Leeds was their first festival back after Roskilde. They insisted on a safety barrier near the front, so many thought the front was some sort of VIP golden circle, not realising you could just walk around and stand there. Was about 5 rows back in a totally uncrowded area.

Likewise James always put on a good show, catching them at the GMex one year with Tim Booth walking through the crowd shaking everyones hand at the start, sadly in the days of phones with potatoes for camera's or i'd still have the footage.

Slipknot and Rammstein back to back at Download was pretty good.
    Managed to catch Rage Against the Machine at Leeds too.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    I guess Muse would still have to top my list. The first time was certainly the best - a small theatre of about 1000 people in Auckland. Pretty special experience, that.

Others that I have great memories of include Rammstein, Faith No More, Radiohead, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, The Veils, John Farnham, Jimmy Barnes and Rob Zombie.

In recent times, Alice Cooper and Judas Priest have put on preposterously good shows considering how old they are. Can't believe Rob Halford can still sing the way he does.

Looking forward to Metallica and Elton John in the next few months. I gather Elton's voice isn't quite what it once was, but it'll still be good to see such an icon in the flesh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information