Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite comedian/ comedy show

International Regular twctopcat's Avatar

Favourite comedian/ comedy show

Along with all the other favourite's threads thought i would pop this one in here, to see what everyone's fav's are!
    As for me my favourite comedians are steve coogan in i'm alan partridge, chris morris in day today/brasseye/jam and paul whitehouse in fast show.
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Chris Morris is a genius; I particularly love his "doctor" sketches in Jam/Bluejam. Both his parents are GPs; I wonder what Freud would say?!

I love the late, great Peter Cook (especially Derek & Clive, scabrous, sacrilegious, sublime stuff) & the equally late and equally great Bill Hicks.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    "Pizza" in Australia.

'It's me, Rocky Ramboa, the Lebanese Rambo.'

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    Chris Morris is a genius; I particularly love his "doctor" sketches in Jam/Bluejam.
    David Cann has an awesome voice, legend. Derek and clive is classic as well, though obviously some may disagree.

Pinball Champion!
    Favourite Comedians

1. Ricky Gervais
    2. Jimmy Carr
    3. Steve Coogan

Favourite comedy series.

1. The Office - IMO the most funny and original thing ever made for the screen, including all film, cartoons etc. Gervais, Marchant, Mackenzie Crook and the whole cast will go down as living legends in my book.. All of it is absolute gold

2. Peep Show - The fact I had a hard choice picking it for first place over the Office is a testement to it's greatness.. Mark and Jez are simply brilliant.. Its all wacky, some of the musings and quotes are just so original.. You won't find them anywhere, they are just so far out.. Its embarassing, witty, funny and just darn amazing.. You know that you need to get the DVD and check out some British humour at its very very best..

3. Jimmy Carr live
    4. Ricky Gervais - Animals
    5. Ricky Gervais - Politics
    6. Dead Ringers
    7. I'm Alan Partridge
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt

2. Peep Show - The fact I had a hard choice picking it for first place over the Office is a testement to it's greatness.. Mark and Jez are simply brilliant.. Its all wacky, some of the musings and quotes are just so original.. You won't find them anywhere, they are just so far out.. Its embarassing, witty, funny and just darn amazing.. You know that you need to get the DVD and check out some British humour at its very very best..
    Peep show is indeed brilliant, very much a new favourite of mine. Do you know if they're making a 3rd series?? I hope so.
    Office is excellent though i think a tad overrated, yet still very very good.
    Python is still absolutely brilliant and very much the bench mark. All people on this site should watch the test math commentary sketch from it, very amusing .

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by twctopcat
    Peep show is indeed brilliant, very much a new favourite of mine. Do you know if they're making a 3rd series?? I hope so.
    Office is excellent though i think a tad overrated, yet still very very good.
    Python is still absolutely brilliant and very much the bench mark. All people on this site should watch the test math commentary sketch from it, very amusing .
    I am not sure about a third series.. But a series 2 DVD (With NANCY!!!) should be out soon, I guess...

A funny one, but something strange about me is my complete lack of attraction to Monty Python.. I have been known to sit in a room full of laughing people of all ages watching Python, and not even raise a smile.. it just has no effect on me whatsoever, but each to their own..

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    "Well left!"

"Well not done anything about!"

Classic stuff!

"Cowdrey is not out nought. Naughton is not in. Knott is in and is nought for not out. Naughton of Northants got a nasty knock on the nut in the nets last night but it's nothing of note".

Check here for it in all it's glory.

A funny one, but something strange about me is my complete lack of attraction to Monty Python.. I have been known to sit in a room full of laughing people of all ages watching Python, and not even raise a smile.. it just has no effect on me whatsoever, but each to their own..
    I know a few of my mates like that, perhaps it is a bit of an aquired taste but you may see the light given time!

Breakout Champion!
    You can't beat good old Johnny Vegas, the funniest guy I've ever met. St. Helens folk do it best

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    You can't beat good old Johnny Vegas, the funniest guy I've ever met. St. Helens folk do it best
    Not sure if I like the guy.. He strikes me as being someone who tries too hard.. And he is an ugly guy with a lovely girlfriend i seem to recall

Pinball Champion!
    AH I remember Brass Eye.. It was on just as I was getting a grasp of the potential for shredding the moral fibre.. I hear it got banned? or is that me dreaming.. Either way I saw a DVD last week which I was tempted to buy

AH I remember Brass Eye.. It was on just as I was getting a grasp of the potential for shredding the moral fibre.. I hear it got banned? or is that me dreaming.. Either way I saw a DVD last week which I was tempted to buy
    Get it, for god's sake get it man, so you can see more of my avatar. Though tecnically that is the day today, which you should also get.It was only banned because of uptight daily mail readers who don't understand the word satire and are political correctness gone mad!

Pinball Champion!
    Get it, for god's sake get it man, so you can see more of my avatar. Though tecnically that is the day today, which you should also get.It was only banned because of uptight daily mail readers who don't understand the word satire and are political correctness gone mad!
    Wasn't there child rape though?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information