Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Depressed

Depressed

I have a friend who lives in the South Island, and I went to spend a week with her earlier this month. Anyway, I kinda like her a bit more than just as a friend, you know? And I just found out that she met someone since I got back from seeing her and he is now her boyfriend. Not feeling too great tonight. Wish I had told her how I felt while I was there, too late now.

Sorry, just felt like telling someone.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    ed, to be happy in life, you gotta take risks buddy...
    "Matt Damon"

Yeah I just learnt that the hard way. Would get in trouble for typing the words in my head at the moment so I won't. I guess I can still hope their relationship ends soonish...he would have to be seriously stupid to dump her though.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    Yeah I just learnt that the hard way. Would get in trouble for typing the words in my head at the moment so I won't. I guess I can still hope their relationship ends soonish...he would have to be seriously stupid to dump her though.
    Tell her how you feel mate, if it ends the friendshipp - so what? She might feel the same way and say yes. However, if you don't say anything there is always going to be something uncomfortable between you both and therefore can never truely be friends, because you are hiding something from her. It is never too late.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Yeah maybe I will...she's a really good friend though, would be sad to lose that.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Yeah maybe I will...she's a really good friend though, would be sad to lose that.
    I know it is hard to hear, but you probably already have. Once you cross that line of friends/more than friends it will never be the same. Unless you can completely put your feelings out of your mind, it is going to be hard for you.

If you tell her in the right way, and she is understanding (like a good friend should always be) then you will be able to tell her without losing a friend.

Go for it buddy.

Thanks for the advice. She has this new boyfriend though, been with him for about a week apparently. Should I give it time and hope the relationship is really short? She only told me about him today, if I told her now it might make it seem like its only now that she has this guy that I feel that way or something.

Ed i agree with Kyle, you never know she might feel the same.... anyway good luck with what ever you choose to do
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice. She has this new boyfriend though, been with him for about a week apparently. Should I give it time and hope the relationship is really short? She only told me about him today, if I told her now it might make it seem like its only now that she has this guy that I feel that way or something.
    Well, they might break up soonish, but what if you end up sitting around hoping they break up like Prince Charles waiting for the Queen to die? You'll just make yourself more miserable. If you tell her now, the seeds will be planted...
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Don't hope the relationship ends. If you really care for her, you'd want her to be happy. If her current relationship making her happy, you should try to be content in that. I know it's hard, but it's for the best.

That, of course, does not mean that you shouldn't tell her how you feel, but just don't force it upon her.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    I know it's hard, but it's for the best.
    not for him its not!

Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    not for him its not!
    Yes it would be selfish to only consider himself in the matter. She's part of it too. If she were to endure to difficult breakup, there's no guarantee she would "fall into the arms of Ed", but it's almost certain that she will be crushed.

Quel sera sera... Whatever will be will be...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Don't hope the relationship ends. If you really care for her, you'd want her to be happy. If her current relationship making her happy, you should try to be content in that. I know it's hard, but it's for the best.

That, of course, does not mean that you shouldn't tell her how you feel, but just don't force it upon her.
    Yeah true, definitely do want her to be happy. She's one of the nicest people I've ever met so she deserves to be. Really felt like someone punched me in the chest when I found out though.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    I know it is hard to hear, but you probably already have. Once you cross that line of friends/more than friends it will never be the same. Unless you can completely put your feelings out of your mind, it is going to be hard for you.

If you tell her in the right way, and she is understanding (like a good friend should always be) then you will be able to tell her without losing a friend.

Go for it buddy.
    No way..

Dont tell her you like her mate.. things will start being a bit occured between you two from then.. be happy for her in her relationship.. and still be real good mates with her and make her have a real good time everytime shes hangin with ya.. and then be with her a lot when she ever happens to have a breakup with her bf or in bad times.. and then if they ever break up.. see how you still feel for her.. and give it some more time and then make your move.. and that just means in the mean time you still have the opportunity to meet so many other people ofcourse..
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_darkness
    No way..

Dont tell her you like her mate.. things will start being a bit occured between you two from then.. be happy for her in her relationship.. and still be real good mates with her and make her have a real good time everytime shes hangin with ya.. and then be with her a lot when she ever happens to have a breakup with her bf or in bad times.. and then if they ever break up.. see how you still feel for her.. and give it some more time and then make your move.. and that just means in the mean time you still have the opportunity to meet so many other people ofcourse..
    Honesty is the best policy. He may not be able to function as her friend with that sort of thing on his chest, which is what Kyle was saying above. You don't want to go through life wondering what might have happened in that situation.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information