Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most annoyed at yourself

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar

Most annoyed at yourself

For those here who play cricket, what's the most annoying way you've gotten out?

Mine was when a spin bowler came on. I was on 6. He bowled a ball outside the off stump, so I charged down the track. I then, and only then, realised that the ball wasn't there to hit, so I changed my shot into this lame defense push, and ended up missing the ball completely and getting stumped.
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

Pinball Champion!
    I came strutting out 2 years ago, looking to hit a crap team into yesterday, and was bowled by a 11 year old.. It was so hard to play him, because the ball came at you from low down, and kept even lower.. Absolutely insane, I think he was on for a joke as well, but that worked..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCap_Fan
    For those here who play cricket, what's the most annoying way you've gotten out?

Mine was when a spin bowler came on. I was on 6. He bowled a ball outside the off stump, so I charged down the track. I then, and only then, realised that the ball wasn't there to hit, so I changed my shot into this lame defense push, and ended up missing the ball completely and getting stumped.
    Reminds me of Dwayne Smith. Personally, I get annoyed when I leave balls that hit off stump. At least go down slogging...

Actually, was mightily annoyed when I got bowled through my legs, ending one of my better innings. I'd come in at five and was unbeaten on six as the team collapsed around me, and then i just missed it with bat and both pads...
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Two games in a row i got run out for diamond ducks
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    the time i got given out caught when it was a bump ball. fk'n annoying imo
    "Matt Damon"

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Most annoying way in terms of angry at myself... hmmm... perhaps when shuffled across too far and was bowled legstump in four consecutive innings. That was before I fixed my technique though.

Most annoying dismissal in terms of angry at another. Caught at longoff first ball toward the end of a 20 over game. I was sent in at 7 or 8 and was told we needed 20 off 9 balls or something of the sort. I'm a batsman who likes to see a few before playing shots, but circumstance called for change. First ball I saw I belted down the ground and was caught right back on the ropes (no literally ON the ropes). I walked off the field to find out that there were 19 balls left and the scorer made a mistake.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    smashed 60 off a team, the next time we played them, i went in to open to try and get the team off to a good start, walked across my stumps and got bolwed - i ended up about 3 metres out of my crease 30cm outside off stump
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    It is really annoying when you play test match and getting out cheaply perhaps stopping only 20 balls
    That is what happen to me i was trying to play forward deffens sort of looking to stop the ball.the ball swing in and i was clean bowled.

I was so mad at my self i threw the bat in the air and my coach was so upset
    It is sort of stupid side of me.
    And i had to watch the match for about 8 ours god nows what went throw my mind

Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    It is really annoying when you play test match and getting out cheaply perhaps stopping only 20 balls
    That is what happen to me i was trying to play forward deffens sort of looking to stop the ball.the ball swing in and i was clean bowled.

I'm surprised you get out?

I thought you were like the best player in the whoel of the US?

Anyway personally I hate it when I get to 25+ and I'm looking really good until I throw my inning s away with a stupid shot. But Lately I've been really good, keeping up my concentration and only occasionally taking calculated risks. Running myself out is another annoyance... stupid brain explosions!
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket player

You've played a Test match? Man, your lies are getting more elaborate all the time!
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Most annoying way I've got myself out...walking across my stumps and having leg knocked back twice in a season.

But in the last 2 years I've ben run out by 4 different people. One was the last game of last season, we were chasing around 130 and I'm usually the rock which holds the innings together. I worked the ball to square leg, backward square had to go to his left and forward, I called yes, started running, the other guy didn't respond. I shouted yes and instead of him saying no he just turned around. I was three quarters of the way down the pitch, turned around, slipped twice and still almost made it back. We ended up losing that match by like 10 runs.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    i don't know if i've ever really been angry at my self. i would just generally just disapointed or depressed if some ill fate came into my innings. On one occasion I was on 48. I was at the non strikers end, the keeper missed it, so I decided to run the bye, after a direct hit I was consequently ran out. Yeh...dam

i also had this habit of hitting a four and getting out a ball later. did that more than once. really frustrating imo...

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    I get run out so many times

Not because i'm fat or anything but either I screw up the calls or i slip over, or i don't look at the ball before i turn. Oh yeah one of those diamond ducks was off the first ball of the match. partner hit it through covers, i immediatly thought two and didn't look up as i set off to complete the second....

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    You've played a Test match? Man, your lies are getting more elaborate all the time!
    Why you dont play test match?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information