Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: marc's sig

  1. #1
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401

    marc's sig

    Having checked-out marc's profile for some reason this evening (well, morning, really) I noted for the first time since I disabled sigs that he hasn't actually updated his figures.
    He has "conveniently" chosen the point at which to stop when Harmison's figures were at their best.
    Since they've stopped, I might add, his figures tot-up as such (before this current game):
    18 @ 35.77, ER 3.77, SR 56.8
    The rest? Aven't a clue. Be willing to bet it'd be considerably better, though, bearing in mind Giles especially.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  2. #2
    International Debutant
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,338
    Maybe he hasn't updated it because he is too busy posting?? 23.82 posts a day!!
    Supporting: NSW & Australia, women's cricket

  3. #3
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,299
    I got bored of it to be honest, seeing as it had already proven my point nicely.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  4. #4
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    He has "conveniently" chosen the point at which to stop when Harmison's figures were at their best.
    Which completely ignores the point which I was making about him.


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydl
    Maybe he hasn't updated it because he is too busy posting?? 23.82 posts a day!!
    Last updated June 2004.
    Used to be updated after every game (especially every game when he did well).

  6. #6
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I got bored of it to be honest, seeing as it had already proven my point nicely.
    Why not just get rid of it totally then?

  7. #7
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Why not just get rid of it totally then?
    Why not just stop riding his back about it? It's not important. Either way, you said you have signatures turned off. What's the fuss?
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

  8. #8
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Wondering if there was any deliberate reason for stopping at the precise time that Harmison's figures were best.
    I'd say that was worth "riding his back" TBH.

  9. #9
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Wondering if there was any deliberate reason for stopping at the precise time that Harmison's figures were best.
    I'd say that was worth "riding his back" TBH.
    I still don't understand:

    1) Why you were looking at his signature in the first place if you have them turned off.
    2) Why you felt so emotionally disturbed that you had to make a thread for it.

  10. #10
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,512
    3) Why you are inciting one of your mammouth duals in Off Topic.. After all, it is nice not to have to put up with it here
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  11. #11
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    3) Why you are inciting one of your mammouth duals in Off Topic.. After all, it is nice not to have to put up with it here
    good point rich, off topic seems to have lost a lot since richard made more regular trips here...

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    There's a surprise.

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    I still don't understand:

    1) Why you were looking at his signature in the first place if you have them turned off.
    Looking at his profile, I already said that.
    2) Why you felt so emotionally disturbed that you had to make a thread for it.
    Because I thought it was very convenient that he'd chosen the moment at which his point just became, if not questionable, closer to questionable than it was at the point he stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    3) Why you are inciting one of your mammouth duals in Off Topic.. After all, it is nice not to have to put up with it here
    I'm not trying to. It would, I'm sure you'll agree, though, be inappropriate to do so in Cricket Chat or anywhere else.

  14. #14
    International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Same place as the Ashes
    Posts
    5,615
    Richard I don't think you try to start these arguments, but you always seem to. Just be careful what you say, because we OTer's don't wanna any conflict. We're quiet, simple people.

  15. #15
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Better educate you, then, eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Marc's cunning plans
    By Slow Love™ in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 11:10 AM
  2. Marc's 5k tribute thread
    By Bazza in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 19-02-2003, 03:42 PM
  3. Marc\'s tips for the weekend.
    By marc71178 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-10-2002, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •