Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Casson's Guide to...

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar

Mr. Casson's Guide to...

It has been said that I am somewhat of a Guru when it comes to many aspects of life; it has also been said by others that I am an egotistical eccentric with delusions of grandeur. Fortunately, I'm going to give you the chance to make up your own mind with my guide to... I am yet to decide whether I will continue this experimental experiment beyond the first segment; after all, there are some wisdoms that can not be imparted however hard you may try, although it goes without saying that critics would opine that I am, in fact, not a Guru at all. But I put it to you that if we all listened to our nay-sayers, would I have lost two digits in the great ice-skating debarcle of '95? Absolutely not. I rest my case.

Without stalling any further, I bring you Mr. Casson's Guide to... Japanese Food:

Number one: I hope you like fish.

If you are one of those snooty prudes who doesn't enjoy a good bit of uncooked dead crustacea, you might find yourself on the first bus to Feedme-ku, Hungry-shi (it's in Okayama, trust me). You're going to be hard-pressed finding fish-free sustainance, and even if you do somehow come across such a rarity, it is in fact just a smokescreen; the Japanese are highly unappreciative of such behaviour, opting to slap seafood-eschewing foreigners with giant cod. And if that doesn't disturb you, the scaly imprints etched into my cheeks just might.

But all is not lost! After all, is food really that important to a person's general health and wellbeing? I'm not entirely sure that this has been explored adequately. Thus, I wholeheartedly endorse a food-free diet for those who reach for a bucket at every offer of a sashimi platter or squid sausage.

Perhaps you might like to go one step further and prolong your starvation, and indeed precious last morsels of life, by subjecting your body to the strains of hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Granted, it isn't the most appetizing meal, but mmm, how rich and filling sweet, sweet oxygen is.

Number two: Noodles are an important dietary supplement.

It is well documented that the first word that comes to mind at the mention of "Japan" is "noodles" (after "sushi", of course). In fact, it may surprise many readers to find out that the literal transliteration of "Japan" is "Big Noodle Bar". No doubt it is such a surprise because it is also such a blatant lie. But you laughed so it was worth it.

The secret behind the extraordinary success of the humble noodle lies in its versatility. You can fry them, boil them, even eat them! ...
    Don't forget that there are many kinds of noodles: Long, skinny Soba, plumper Udon, Hokkien noodles, instant noodles, Maggi noodles, you name it. Historians believe that the shorter, skinnier noodles are modelled on a common conception of a 'member' of the male anatomy being slightly inadequate on Japanese men. Food for thought.

Number three: Chicken is always a safe bet.

I've never had a problem whenever I've eaten Japanese chicken. It's just about the only food you can get that isn't wrapped in 'nori' (seaweed) and reeks of the ocean. Tonkatsu, Katsudon and Yakitori are all primarily chicken dishes that are guaranteed not to leave you in anaphylactic shock, or even worse, stuck to the toilet for a few hours.

Number four: Don't give up and seek salvation in western food.

Quite simply, if you do, I'll murder you. Throwing your arms in the air like a "girlie man" (as Arnie so eloquently put it) and vowing never to touch washoku (Japanese cooking) ever again means that you will miss out. Yes, I say that in spite of the all the bitching and bemoaning I have done so far. Like a precious stone found resting tranquilly in a heap of compost, Japan lays claim to some unique culinary masterpieces. If you die without trying Yakigyoza, your entire life will be completely devalued. In fact, it might even be the reason you are dead. Just keep that in mind.

That's all, folks. I hope you enjoyed my guide as much as I enjoyed writing it. Hey, perhaps you even learned a thing or two (ok let's not get too silly).

Noodle you later.
    Last edited by Mr Casson; 27-12-2004 at 03:00 AM.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Wow Mr Casson.. you put the fun in funducational. That was awesome, you've got to continue it.

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    If you die without trying Yakigyoza, your entire life will be completely devalued. In fact, it might even be the reason you are dead. Just keep that in mind.
    Yes, should definitely try it, I love it, even though it does look a bit like a man's testicle.

Mind you, thats not the reason I like it though!
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by KennyD
    Yes, should definitely try it, I love it, even though it does look a bit like a man's testicle.

Mind you, thats not the reason I like it though!
    For sure, it could be anything. I don't know what's in it, but damn that shizzle is fine!

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    I'll never be eating sushi again, but thanks for the great guide anyway.

Cricket Web XI Moderator lord_of_darkness's Avatar
    Good Shizz casson ..!
    Don L-o-d , Legion Of Doom

Lords Lounge, Off Topic, The Happening Place in CW and OT.

Co Chairman CWBCC - Cricketweb XI - CW Green | Manager of Hampshire CC - Wccc | Chairman of the Muralitharan Supporters Club ~MSC~ |

Current Stats:
    2* - 17-4-35-3 - Season Ends..

Current Record
    Batting - RHB: M:48 Inns:43 Runs:457 H/S:33* Ave:15.5 N.O:10
    Bowling - Off Spin: O:280 M:40 Runs:975 Wickets:104 Ave:9.3 S.R:15.6

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    For sure, it could be anything. I don't know what's in it, but damn that shizzle is fine!
    Bit of mince, mixed up with a bit of veggies

Originally Posted by Mr Casson
    btw.. i think you meant shizz not shizzle..

I did, didn't I?

Pinball Champion!
    Wow.. Judging my that my life is down the pan already..

Can I introduce you to some well cooked Ostrich Biltong?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

^ im down for it..

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    Wow.. Judging my that my life is down the pan already..

Can I introduce you to some well cooked Ostrich Biltong?
    Give us a guide to Biltong!!

I'm writing another one, I'll post it tonight.

^ make something that i could cook up.. im pretty sick of eating similar type of stuff everday and im keen to cook up something tonight for a change..

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_darkness
    ^ make something that i could cook up.. im pretty sick of eating similar type of stuff everday and im keen to cook up something tonight for a change..
    Well I already wrote it Lord, I'm just waiting for a busy hour to release it lol... So I can get some decent feedback..

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information