Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Euthanasia debate

Hexxagon Champion!

The Euthanasia debate

Are you pro choice or against it ?

Recently a wheelchair bound sufferer of muscular dystrophy in India moved court to allow him assisted suicide so that he could die peacefully and donate his organs before infection set in. The court rejected his plea. He died the day after the judgement was passed.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

So it never made much difference to whether or not he was allowed to committ assisted suicide, except for a day.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    In the case that you stated, you'd have to say it should be allowed. But sometimes it's just not needed. But if there was a vote, i'd be for it.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Thats not the point Craig. The question is whether people, under circumstances heve which irreversibly damaged any chance of leading a life of productivity and dignity, should have the right to end their life.

In this case, he had to wait for a long time while the case was sub-judice. His point was that he should be allowed to committ assisted suicide so that his organs could be donated before they were infected. As things turned out, the case dragged on and he ultimately died the day after the judgement was passed.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    i dont think humans should be able to commit suicide at anytime.
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering the life of Phil 'The Prince' Hughes

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    not a fan of euthenasia
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    not a fan of euthenasia
    i guess youll never know until you try it btw, dont try it!!

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    i guess youll never know until you try it btw, dont try it!!
    LMAO

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Pro.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    So it never made much difference to whether or not he was allowed to committ assisted suicide, except for a day.
    But on the other hand, if you're in pain for years before you finally die it'd be awful. I'm for it if nothing can be done to make the person feel more comfortable. However, I think it should be that person's decision and not our idea of something that'd be terrible to live with.

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Well, if your a religious person, and various religions list suicide as a sin, well perhaps you shouldnt.

Yet Im a big fan of Euthenasia, and If i became a Doctor, a surgeon, and I opened up some guy with messed up insides, Carcinomas like melons, supreme pain, I would just tell my anesthisiest (sp) 'Just let him sleep a little more deeply'
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by KennyD
    Well, if your a religious person, and various religions list suicide as a sin, well perhaps you shouldnt.

Yet Im a big fan of Euthenasia, and If i became a Doctor, a surgeon, and I opened up some guy with messed up insides, Carcinomas like melons, supreme pain, I would just tell my anesthisiest (sp) 'Just let him sleep a little more deeply'
    *hopes beyond hope Kenny never becomes a doctor...*

*HIS doctor...*

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Until you have seen someone suffer right infront of your eyes, you cannot truely comment on the situation. I had my grandfather lie in agony for over a week before he passed away, it was terrible on the family to see him get worse every day, it would have been much more comforting if we could have said our goodbyes while he was still coherent, instead we have lasting memories of someone on their deathbad who didn't recognise us, and who we couldn't recognise ourselves. I am all for Euthanasia, if you and your family agree that your quality of life is not of benefit to anyone you should be allowed to go out on your own terms. Afterall isn't that what life is about?doing what you want?

There are many benefits to Euthanasia besides the easing of passing, there are opportunities for organ donation and beds for people who really need them.

My Grandmother is also heading down a similar path, although it is her mind that is going before her physical ailments, however she is still a shadow of how I remember her a few years ago. When the time comes I don't want her to suffer, and God knows I don't want to have to see another relative deteriorate within 5 years of each other.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Until you have seen someone suffer right infront of your eyes, you cannot truely comment on the situation. I had my grandfather lie in agony for over a week before he passed away, it was terrible on the family to see him get worse every day, it would have been much more comforting if we could have said our goodbyes while he was still coherent, instead we have lasting memories of someone on their deathbad who didn't recognise us, and who we couldn't recognise ourselves. I am all for Euthanasia, if you and your family agree that your quality of life is not of benefit to anyone you should be allowed to go out on your own terms. Afterall isn't that what life is about?doing what you want?

There are many benefits to Euthanasia besides the easing of passing, there are opportunities for organ donation and beds for people who really need them.

My Grandmother is also heading down a similar path, although it is her mind that is going before her physical ailments, however she is still a shadow of how I remember her a few years ago. When the time comes I don't want her to suffer, and God knows I don't want to have to see another relative deteriorate within 5 years of each other.
    Cracking post.. Fully agreed with
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    *hopes beyond hope Kenny never becomes a doctor...*

*HIS doctor...*
    Well, there are a lot of people in the world who would want me to be their doctor I think. Perhaps Mr Wright's grandfather who he wrote about having the pain would have liked someone with my views to be his doctor.

Mr Wright, I fortunately never had to experience someone I love in that condition, and I hope wont have to in the near future. But I think for conditions like that, euthenasia should definitely be OK!

Now i wonder how long before Cricket Player comess in and says "What do the children in asia have to do with people wanting to die?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information