Cricket Player Manager
Page 114 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2073
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The Official Cricketweb Science Thread!

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Hint hint - learn from history. But we still ignore it...
    Exit pursuing a beer

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Man On The Moon–A Colossal Hoax that Cost Billions of Dollars | Hare Krishna Community

Why should Hindus be left out?

Best bits:

The Vedic account of our planetary system is already researched, concluded, and perfect. The Vedas state that the moon is 800,000 miles farther from the earth than the sun.
    This is worse than even 6000 year old Earth - we can see the moon moving IN FRONT of the Sun during an eclipse.

Another important reason why the manned moon landing must be a hoax is that, according to the Vedas, each planet has its particular standard of living and atmosphere, and no one can transfer from one planet to another without becoming properly qualified. This means that if someone wants to go to Mars, for instance, he has to give up his present gross material body and acquire another one suitable for life on that particular planet.

Even on the earth planet these restrictions hold true. For example, a human being cannot possibly live in the water nor can a fish live on land.
    So apparently, space suits cannot exist just like submarines and underwater diving suits do not exist.

I wonder if more than three people believe this. I somehow doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Hooked on some of the articles on that site ftr.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Today there's a rare and significant scientific and astronomical event, with my return from a ban.

Only fitting it's marked by the Transit of Venus.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I was reading that earlier, led me to an article about the moon flying away from us couple of inches a year. Interesting stuff. We could be looking at a month long "day" once the moon settles into a tidal orbit.

Well, the Sun won't really exist when that happens and that whole red-giant phase and such will mess up everything in the solar system anyway. It's projected that it will take about ~15 billion years, and the Sun won't last anywhere near that long.

Interestingly, in only a few hundred million years from now, and certainly in less than a billion, you won't have total solar eclipses anymore since the moon won't be enough to cover up the entire Sun.

Isn't there supposed to be some black hole nearby that will gobble us up before the sun enters the red-giant phase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Nope. The closest one to us is many thousands of light years away.

Thanks. I've got to stop relying on cracked.com

Well back about 15 years ago or so, it was thought there was a blackhole relatively closeby at ~1600 light years, but it was an error and it's actually much farther away. So it's possible that's what they were talking about. With that said, 1600 light years is still way too far to be a threat. It's just like any other object with gravity. If our sun were replaced by black hole of the same mass, the orbits of the planets wouldn't change since it's gravity wouldn't change and the threat to our planet would be due to a lack of light and heat, and not from being 'sucked in'. It's only a problem if it grows it to be such a size that it starts pulling in things from the neightborhood - our solar system is out near the periphery and there isn't really that much mass around for black holes to grow to be large enough to become supermassive.

Thread Information