Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which one was ur favourite WWE match of all time?

Which one was ur favourite WWE match of all time?

Just to refresh great memories...feels so good!There have been so many matches,really gruesome,destructive,simply out of this world like the TLC matches,Hell in the Cell matches and others but my favourite has to be...

HBK Vs Bret Hart WrestleMania XII

Shawn enters from top of the arena,hanging from a rope or something like tht and his dance,simply awesome...The most gruelling match btn two of the greatest legends...HBK pinned Bret with a devastating Sweet-Chin Music after Bret kept working on his great submission moves,but Shawn never gives up and he didn't...
    When he won the championship,he started crying and worshipping the belt,with the commentators screming "The boyhood dream has come true!"...Truly memorable.
    Member Of AAAS

Supporter of:
    Liverpool FC
    Ferrari F1
    Iron Maiden (Bombay.Feb 1st,2008...I was there)
    UP THE IRONS !!!

Flexi-Combat Champion! Tournaments Won: 1
    Never watched WWE. But WCW

Chris Beniot VS Jeff Jarrett - Ladder Match
    Big Show VS DDP
    No'ones gonna take me alive
    The time has come to make things right
    You and I must fight for our rights
    You and I must fight to survive

New Zealand Cricket Supporter

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Triple H vs Cactus Jack was an absolute classic everytime it happened, same with some Rock vs Austin matches as well as Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit, and basically any matches Triple H has been involved in during the year 2000/2001 when he was at his absolute best.
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Out of interest....

Does this mean anything "but Shawn never gives up and he didn't..."

If it's all fake isn't it all decided? I don't actually mind watching it, there's some pretty good and funny moves. But surely this never say die attitude and great heroics and stuff doesn't apply to fake wrestling? lol..
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    In Professional Wrestling, the results are fixed, but the injuries, wounds and physical hurt all wrestlers get are all pretty much real 'bumps'. The bruises, the blood, its all real.

When wrestlers bleed, its not tomato sauce or some food dye, its real blood, mainly because most wrestlers have a 'blade' concealed within their wristband or in their trunks and when they do get hit with a steel chair/chain/pipe/belt/clock/stairs they quickly cut themselves with the blade while they are down and out of people's view.

So the blood and wounds are often real, its just that the results are fixed. It is a dangerous sport, but in the end of the day its just entertainment and a bit of fantasy.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    backlash in either 2000 or 2001.

Triple H and that clan of *******s were kicking the crap out of the rock when Stonecold made he dramatic return after months in the wilderness. All hell broke loose and he smashed 6 or 7 people with a chair. The Rock went onto win the title. After the fight, he and Stonecold shared a beer.

By far the most inspirational night of wrestling eeeever
    "Matt Damon"

International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    only started watchin WWE like earlier this year, but Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho for the IC title at Taboo Tuesday recently was a good one that comes to mind. Mind you, I can only think of recent ones....
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    Out of interest....

Does this mean anything "but Shawn never gives up and he didn't..."

If it's all fake isn't it all decided? I don't actually mind watching it, there's some pretty good and funny moves. But surely this never say die attitude and great heroics and stuff doesn't apply to fake wrestling? lol..
    There's a lot of difference between "fake" and "choreographed"...Its all about the characters of the WWE Superstars which makes me say Shawn never gives up b'coz its just his character...Come on,give them some credit, they put their bodies on the line and provide entertainment and sometimes good laughs and some people fail to get entertained by that...thts ok too...but now and then people using the word 'fake' makes me wanna use a similar sounding word...

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster
    In Professional Wrestling, the results are fixed, but the injuries, wounds and physical hurt all wrestlers get are all pretty much real 'bumps'. The bruises, the blood, its all real.

When wrestlers bleed, its not tomato sauce or some food dye, its real blood, mainly because most wrestlers have a 'blade' concealed within their wristband or in their trunks and when they do get hit with a steel chair/chain/pipe/belt/clock/stairs they quickly cut themselves with the blade while they are down and out of people's view.

So the blood and wounds are often real, its just that the results are fixed. It is a dangerous sport, but in the end of the day its just entertainment and a bit of fantasy.
    oh ok fair enough.. that actually sounds quite stupid, the blood. Credit to them for all the "real" things. But that's stupid, I'd prefer them to use food dye or something.

Nikhil... I'm not taking credit away from them, just strange that you can say that when he obviously had to win the match. A few of them are actually the most athletically brilliant people around... I mean all the moves and the stuff off teh ropes is just amazing. Just not sure you can call them "Gutsy" in terms of a match result, which is obviously fixed

Pinball Champion!
    Aren't soaps and every fictional book ever written fake too??
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    My personal favourite was the Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell match.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    oh ok fair enough.. that actually sounds quite stupid, the blood. Credit to them for all the "real" things. But that's stupid, I'd prefer them to use food dye or something.

Nikhil... I'm not taking credit away from them, just strange that you can say that when he obviously had to win the match. A few of them are actually the most athletically brilliant people around... I mean all the moves and the stuff off teh ropes is just amazing. Just not sure you can call them "Gutsy" in terms of a match result, which is obviously fixed
    As for Sangrah's comments,I'd disagree,I too watched some 'secrets of pro-wrestling...something like tht crap' on TV and they showed about the blade job,which logically seems pathetic...as u see the wrestlers bleeding sometimes instantaneously as they get hit really hard enough by chairs and stuff...and they can never get out of people's view in the front row...I dont know I might be right here...

Cloete...the reason we enjoy wrestling is that even if we know its all staged we never look at it that way...Enjoy whatever happens...Appreciate and sometimes disapprove of things...Back in 1996 when I was 10 it left an impression on my mind,the match I referred still remains the greatest feat of heroics by two great men in the business...If u dont call that "Gutsy",nothing is...

There are so many to chose from, but i would say Backlash 2004 Randy Orton v Mick Foley No Holds Barred. I think before that match everyone hated and didnt respect Orton, but after even tho many hated him they respected him for his determination to win. And that is probably why i love it so much. To many Wrestling is fake, but to others it their lives and i think Randy Orton showed us that night that Wrestling is his life...
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

Mine would be the TLC match between the Hardy Boys/Edge & Christian/The Dudleys...

Can't remember when it was but i remember watching that and just being in total awe of what they were doing....

Quote Originally Posted by nikhil1772
    As for Sangrah's comments,I'd disagree,I too watched some 'secrets of pro-wrestling...something like tht crap' on TV and they showed about the blade job,which logically seems pathetic...as u see the wrestlers bleeding sometimes instantaneously as they get hit really hard enough by chairs and stuff...and they can never get out of people's view in the front row...I dont know I might be right here...
    Even I watched that, but as far as I know, that was not for WWE. I believe WWE wrestling is as realistic as is possible.
    "The optimum human population of earth is zero." - Dave Foreman

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information