• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team name suggestions!

David

International 12th Man
Suggestions for NRL team names here.

I'll set up a vote in a few days time.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
The Pirates
The Turkeys
The Elves???
The Riders Of The Storm
The Thunks
The Dockers (wait they'd just suck)
The Chokes
The Scrums

Not any good ones yet, but hey

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon it should be something 'Australian'. Can't think of anything good yet though

Cloete

International Captain
Hm.. I was thinking the CWXI Kangaroos.

I was just wondering though, can NRL and Super League players get called up to Kangaroo and ENglish international teams? I think that's something cool that you guys could implement.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually we did speak about that, but then we'd have to get nationalities, unless it was purely by league.

We'll see.

Cloete

International Captain
Robertinho said:
Actually we did speak about that, but then we'd have to get nationalities, unless it was purely by league.

We'll see.
Yeah well that's what I was thinking, just go by their league.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cloete said:
Yeah well that's what I was thinking, just go by their league.
Some people might not be impressed at playing for their non-prefered nation though.

As for the name, I put my support behind the Scorpians.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Jamee999 said:
Maybe we could get called up to the Cricket Web XIII.

How original.
Not an option I'm afraid, seeing as this is run by forum members, and not staff members. Therefore this is not an operation by Cricketweb, meaning we can't use its name.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
KennyD said:
Not an option I'm afraid, seeing as this is run by forum members, and not staff members. Therefore this is not an operation by Cricketweb, meaning we can't use its name.
Ok, Sean Bennett's Cricketweb Select XIII, then :p

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Back to my original suggestion a few days back, the NRL team is the CW Convicts and the SL team can be the CW Whingers.